Could you please post the service bulletin in this thread

as this is a subject that all owners of CCB's should

be aware of -

Thank-You
D.B.

Old 02-10-2019, 01:18 PM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
2016 Mercedes S63 4matic sedan
Sadly, I need to try and find the print out. Also, no vehicle will be in warranty for that bulletin any longer. It had restrictions on the warranty and I believe it was only possibly 2015/2016 model year vehicles. The only thing a customer could do is complain a lot and maybe the dealer or Mercedes at corporate level would goodwill the bulletin for the customer. The other thing that would be done, is the customer would have to pay out of pocket for the labor and the pads. The bulletin was only a front brake pad replacement only. That was the only thing redesigned. I found it in a past thread I had posted in. Mercedes topic number LI42.10-P-061456, date 5-13-2015.

Last edited by barryrobinson19; 02-10-2019 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:24 PM

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
S63
Barry, is you mom going to upgrade (if you could even call it that) her 5.5L S63 to the new 4.0L model? I hope she's doing well, and enjoys that bad *** car of hers!
Old 02-10-2019, 08:05 PM

My parents are ok. Both my mom and dads health kind of has its ups and down. For the most part I drive the car most of the time, take them to doctors appointments, take them for rides. My dad on spirited drives. I am the one that handles the servicing of all our vehicles. I was trying to get the Renntech package R2 with down pipes done this summer. I have already talked to my local dealer on pricing, how long it would take, and what is in stock, etc. I have a dyno baseline appointment for this Wednesday at 10a.m.. This is the only all wheel drive dyno facility that is in Kansas City. I have done so much calling around. Will see what happens. I wanted to get the baseline before any mods, then go back and get another three pulls after the mods. I already know the menu to be in for a dyno pull. Will just have to see how it turns out. My mom said just tell everyone its your car. Its going to be mine when she eventually passes. Hopefully not for a while. However like I mentioned both my parents health is so up and down. So they are worried. They are in there 80's. I have always been there for them whenever they needed anything. We will not be upgrading to a newer S63. I will probably keep this car forever. Whatever that means. Because eventually machines fall apart. As for why. Three reasons, it is/was my moms car, my dad bought this for mom as her last car, and last but not least Mercedes most likely will not be making so called big block V8's anymore. Everyone is down sizing. So I feel my 5.5litre will always produce more power than the 4.0litre. Will just see what happens, due to everything evolves. Eventually my S63 will have the R3+ package done, however since I am trying to get he R2 done this summer, some of those parts overlap with the R3+. So in essence the R3+ will not be that expensive compared to what is listed. I wont be changing the body. I want it to be a sleeper. LOL. I raced a fairly new M6 last summer. That was awesome. I just put it in sport mode, enabled brake hold function, waited for the light to change green. floored the car and I was gone. At the next light, the guy wanted to talk. He was in complete shock, wanted to know what was under the hood, etc. He said he will know better than to mess with me again. LOL. Nice guy. It was not even a contest. That is how far back I left him. Thanks for the input. I so love the car. Love taking everyone for rides. I sure gets plenty of attention. I was at a Cars and Coffee, parked next to a Ferrari 599 GTO, well as soon as I got my car set up how I like showing it at car events, everyone left the GTO and came over to my car. I thought that was great. The Ferrari guy was pretty snobby.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts
NB8 PARACHUTE
`

Barry -

Thanks for the number of the MSB regarding

the replacement of the CCB pads on the stated

model year/month of cars with CCB's -

I understand that the warranty period is over but

this is great knowledge to have for everyone who

owns or might be looking at these cars to purchase -

In reading your prior post I may be confused - ie. stoned

but I am unsure if you had your pads replaced and you

still have the noise -

After showing them the above mentioned MSB they said

they would change the pads but there is no paperwork

that shows that they did - is that correct -

And you still have the noise - correct -

With warranty work you get paperwork -

Even with a Good Will gesture by the Dealer

you would get paperwork on these pads -

Since you still have the noise I would really

like to know if your pads were actually changed -

Please keep this thread updated as to this question -

Emil Faber - the founder of Faber College once said:
"Knowledge is Good"

Thank-You
D.B.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:53 PM

Hello Cooperdb. Yes, I still get noise periodically from the CCB's, mostly in cold weather winter months. I will know more tomorrow about this bulletin and if it was performed on my vehicle or not. Unfortunately the service manager and my service writer are no longer there (the ones that were there when I brought this up). They retired. I have an appointment with an all wheel drive chasi dyno facility, tomorrow at 10:30a.m. Just trying to get a baseline for horsepower and torque before the mods. Anyways, the dealer is on the way home, so I plan on stopping by. I know some of the guys in the parts department and I am going to have them look up the brake pads. Then what I can have them do is look up if they have ever ordered those pads before. At Lexus we can look up parts and then we can see if we have ever ordered certain parts before and when. I am sure Mercedes can do the same thing. Yes technically I should have the goodwill listed on my paper work. I have all paper work and there is nothing on any work orders. That's why I will ask the parts department to see if the part number has ever been ordered before. Tomorrow I should get some answers. I have a feeling the bulletin was never good willed and never performed. They were asking me how I got that bulletin and where. They were in complete shock and they said they have never heard of such a bulletin. If it was never performed, I will get a price on the parts. Then I may order the pads and install them myself. That is really all I know. I still love the car regardless. Its is truly an amazing machine. The dealer I go to has a new service manager and I have been assigned a great service writer. Will know more , hopefully tomorrow.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:03 PM

Cooperdb. I swung by the dealership today after the dyno. They could not look up that bulletin to get the pads part number. However they did say that there was an updated pad available. As soon as there software/hardware program gets working again he will look into it. The parts guy gave me his card and will get back with me. He also said to give him a call any time. So he is looking into it, for me.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:51 AM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts
2013 S550 SOLD / 2016 S63 SOLD / 2017 GLS450 / 2017 G550 4x4 / 2019 G63 E1 SOLD / 2019 S63 COUPE
I really need an advice here guys!!

just traded my 16 S63 with 120K miles for 19 G63 E1 and I’m not liking the ride especially it will be my daily driver and I commute a lot!!

The dealer gave me one to try it for couple days and I liked it but not sure how it be after 40-50K miles on the odometer..

I would really appriacte your feedback ..

Thank You.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:25 PM

Received 115 Likes on 66 Posts
2019 S65 Coupe, 2017 S650 Maybach Convertible, 2020 S560 Sedan, 2022 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Obviously, an S63 is very different in every way from a G63. Once you get used to the comfort and luxury of an S-class sedan (or coupe) its hard to find a better ride. Since you commute a lot and since comfort is paramount to you, my experience is that this feeling of "I chose the wrong car" will only get worse over time. (If you don't enjoy the G63 now, you'll dislike it even more later) If possible, I would get back into an S-class sedan. (Assuming you can either afford getting an S-class sedan in addition to the G63 or have it returned and replaced for an S-class sedan). I myself have a 2017 S550 and a 2017 Lexus LX SUV. I had a 2010 LX that I really liked an that I put over 160,000 miles on it, So in 2017 I traded it in for a new LX. (I sometimes need the SUV for work). But since i'm an executive and don't do much field work any more, In 2017, I also purchased the S550 sedan. At this point I drive the S550 about 95% of the time. While the LX is one of the most comfortable and luxurious SUVs out there, you just can't beat the S-class experience. For me, once my lease on my S550 is over (in November) I'm definitely leasing a new S560. As for the LX, since I purchased it outright and since I have it parked in a closed garage at my house, I'll still keep it. (but probably never get another one). I hope this helps
Old 03-02-2019, 10:55 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts
2013 S550 SOLD / 2016 S63 SOLD / 2017 GLS450 / 2017 G550 4x4 / 2019 G63 E1 SOLD / 2019 S63 COUPE
Originally Posted by amir1
Obviously, an S63 is very different in every way from a G63. Once you get used to the comfort and luxury of an S-class sedan (or coupe) its hard to find a better ride. Since you commute a lot and since comfort is paramount to you, my experience is that this feeling of "I chose the wrong car" will only get worse over time. (If you don't enjoy the G63 now, you'll dislike it even more later) If possible, I would get back into an S-class sedan. (Assuming you can either afford getting an S-class sedan in addition to the G63 or have it returned and replaced for an S-class sedan). I myself have a 2017 S550 and a 2017 Lexus LX SUV. I had a 2010 LX that I really liked an that I put over 160,000 miles on it, So in 2017 I traded it in for a new LX. (I sometimes need the SUV for work). But since i'm an executive and don't do much field work any more, In 2017, I also purchased the S550 sedan. At this point I drive the S550 about 95% of the time. While the LX is one of the most comfortable and luxurious SUVs out there, you just can't beat the S-class experience. For me, once my lease on my S550 is over (in November) I'm definitely leasing a new S560. As for the LX, since I purchased it outright and since I have it parked in a closed garage at my house, I'll still keep it. (but probably never get another one). I hope this helps
thank you for your feedback.
I really luv the 19 G63 engine, it make the truck feels way light..
Tried more than once to drive back and forth to work, but it s not working out and like what I said it just going to get worse..
i made my dessision today and will trade it for 19 S63 coupe next week..

i still have the 4x4 Squared and I enjoy it more than the New G63..

thanks again for your feedback ..