S63 AMG, S63 AMG 4Matic, S65 AMG (W222, V222) 2014 -2021

2015 S63 Popping Suspension Noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 03:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
s63
2015 S63 Popping Suspension Noise

So I have a 2015 S63, and owned it since new. Right now it has 27,000 miles and the suspension has these "clicking/popping" noises when braking or whenever the car is adjusting itself in height. I can replicate it by pressing the raise vehicle height, and when the car start to rise up the popping/clicking noise can be heard from inside the car. It used to be rather quiet where I can barely hear this noise, but it has gotten much louder now.
I have also brought the car to 3 different mercedes dealership for this problem, and they keep telling me its normal or within normal operation. But recently I sat in another 2015 s63 and didn't make this noise and that car had over 50,000 miles on it. Just wondering if anybody here has this noise in their vehicle.
Also whenever I go over a speed bump, the rear suspension of the car makes a loud click noise after it goes over the bump. This can be heard outside of the car when I lower my windows. Again the dealer said it is within normal operations.
Another question is when the car is is idled and turned on, there is a loud "hissing" noise coming from the rear part of the car. I am assuming it is the air suspension, but is it always suppose to hiss continuously.
I have owned a 2014 e63s before and the rear air suspension didnt have a loud hissing noise, but I did hear the compressor work on it.
If there are any fixes to my problems please let me know! or if i should just leave it.

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 07-22-2019, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 230 Likes on 187 Posts
MY17 S63AMG - MBUSA Buyback. MY16 SL63 - Sold MY19 W213 E63s. 2020 W213 E63s Wagon
Have your service department look into LI33.20-P-054920:

In had the same problem and this resolved the issue.

Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
Kimo78 (10-23-2019)
Old 08-26-2020, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S450L
Originally Posted by eatnsleep
So I have a 2015 S63, and owned it since new. Right now it has 27,000 miles and the suspension has these "clicking/popping" noises when braking or whenever the car is adjusting itself in height. I can replicate it by pressing the raise vehicle height, and when the car start to rise up the popping/clicking noise can be heard from inside the car. It used to be rather quiet where I can barely hear this noise, but it has gotten much louder now.
I have also brought the car to 3 different mercedes dealership for this problem, and they keep telling me its normal or within normal operation. But recently I sat in another 2015 s63 and didn't make this noise and that car had over 50,000 miles on it. Just wondering if anybody here has this noise in their vehicle.
Also whenever I go over a speed bump, the rear suspension of the car makes a loud click noise after it goes over the bump. This can be heard outside of the car when I lower my windows. Again the dealer said it is within normal operations.
Another question is when the car is is idled and turned on, there is a loud "hissing" noise coming from the rear part of the car. I am assuming it is the air suspension, but is it always suppose to hiss continuously.
I have owned a 2014 e63s before and the rear air suspension didnt have a loud hissing noise, but I did hear the compressor work on it.
If there are any fixes to my problems please let me know! or if i should just leave it.

Thanks for the feedback!
I've got a 2019 S450 and have the same problem. There's a "knock, knock, knock" sound whenever the suspension is raised automatically when first starting the car, and can be replicated by pressing the suspension raise button. And when i move off slowly when cold, it gets louder and more repetitive. Does anyone else have the same issue and managed to get it fixed?