Sponsored by:

Dealership said tint is to dark for a inspection sticker

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2024, 09:27 AM

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts
2018 AMG E63S Wagon 2019 AMG S63
Originally Posted by mneely8791
After sleeping on it I’m thinking of taking it back to the dealership. They sold me a car with an inspection sticker that they just applied before I bought it. They are liable for selling a car that was not legal to drive. I’m not going to the dealership now. I told the maintenance person my issue and sent pictures. I told them I’m not driving up there for nothing. Apparently they are getting back to me tomorrow. Thanks!
all the dealership will do is get two kids to peel off your tints. 25% isn’t factory .
Old 07-05-2024, 09:42 AM

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts
2018 AMG E63S Wagon 2019 AMG S63
Originally Posted by Baltistyle
he said the dealer did not use a meter. The inspector, inspection station should be reported, the fines will make sure they follow the rules. This can cost that dealer hundreds of thousand of dollars when they lose their license. They are likely ripping people off everyday, and probably need get checked on

Boy society is doing great when both the government takes advantage of the people and the people take advantage of each other, yet people think they are above animals, haha.
wtf does this have to do w animals? We have two stories going here my original w the S class factory tints and the gentleman w the c300 he bought from the Nissan dealer that can’t get a sticker at 25% the third time around . He has passed twice but now they won’t pass him . I’m at 29% been pulled over and windows were read 3 out of the 5 stops
Old 07-05-2024, 11:59 AM

Received 347 Likes on 239 Posts
13 s212 63 p30. 03 s55amg. 06 LX470
Originally Posted by Deckboss
wtf does this have to do w animals? We have two stories going here my original w the S class factory tints and the gentleman w the c300 he bought from the Nissan dealer that can’t get a sticker at 25% the third time around . He has passed twice but now they won’t pass him . I’m at 29% been pulled over and windows were read 3 out of the 5 stops
good luck. It’ll make sense one day.

Ive responded to you that you have and were being taken advantage of, referenced stock tinting, and how to deal with the police harrasing you. So you can either take the advice or continue to have no clue how to proceed. Not once have I referenced aftermarket tinting. If you said the local dealer used a meter, then they would have passed, but you did not say that and you were failed. The cops using a meter has nothing to do with the fact they are harrasing you and all people with legal factory tinted windows and if you want to drive around for the next four years and get pulled over all the time, enjoy losing your freedom. I hope you have records of all the stops so that you can report this…but I’d guess you don’t have evidence and will continue to allow yourself to be a victim. I can bow out, now that you are completely aware of how to deal with a dealership who issued you an inspection sticker that you couldn’t use at the DMV, and the police that harass you. Enjoy your holiday weekend, hopefully you don’t get pulled over, HAH
Old 07-05-2024, 02:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 c300 Mercedes
Originally Posted by Deckboss
all the dealership will do is get two kids to peel off your tints. 25% isn’t factory .
The tent isn’t that kind. It’s literally in between the glass. So no one‘s peeling anything off. It must have been an option the original owner took.
Old 07-05-2024, 10:24 PM
SPONSOR

Received 809 Likes on 626 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by vincheung
I didn't clarify, window tint inspection failure will be due to front driver side windows and front windshield. I should have said: No vehicles are equipped with non-compliant window tint that will block over 30% of light transmittal on the front windshield and front d/s p/s windows.

True!
Old 07-06-2024, 05:38 PM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
2016 Mercedes S63 4matic sedan
15% Elite tint all around with a 5% eyebrow on the windshield. I don't let the dealer tint any of my cars. It's just more mark up for them. I always take my cars to the tint shop that I have done business with for many years. I work at a dealership, and they tint every single new car that comes in, to get more money from the customers. Along with lots of other add ons.