Sponsored by:

Boosting 87 to 91

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2023, 10:16 PM

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 s550
Boosting 87 to 91

I know what it looks like, this guy has a s63 but can’t afford premium gas….. It’s not the case but I’m in a predicament. I’m going to be driving to Mexico next week and from the research I’ve done, there aren’t many places in the area, that I’m going to at least, that have 91 octane or better. So what I’m thinking is taking a couple bottles of octane booster with me to pump those numbers up. Anyone else have a little more knowledge in the octane booster topic or have done it themselves?
Old 03-31-2023, 10:31 PM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
2016 Mercedes S63 4matic sedan
I have been running VP racing octanium unleaded octane booster, periodically when I gas up. However, I have had no issues before or after running the stuff. I have not dynoed the car, to see if it made any difference at all. At my friends shop we ran some tests on his dyno back in the day. We tried NOS racing octane booster. Which seemed to help. We were testing it out on some JDM turbo cars. I really dont have solid data for you. Just that I do add a can at fill up. I guess you can look into it and decide for yourself. I do have mods on my 2016 S63 4matic and it is tuned. No issues with the car whatsoever.
Old 03-31-2023, 10:46 PM

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 s550
Originally Posted by barryrobinson19
I have been running VP racing octanium unleaded octane booster, periodically when I gas up. However, I have had no issues before or after running the stuff. I have not dynoed the car, to see if it made any difference at all. At my friends shop we ran some tests on his dyno back in the day. We tried NOS racing octane booster. Which seemed to help. We were testing it out on some JDM turbo cars. I really dont have solid data for you. Just that I do add a can at fill up. I guess you can look into it and decide for yourself. I do have mods on my 2016 S63 4matic and it is tuned. No issues with the car whatsoever.
My man Barry always coming in clutch, hope all is well! And yeah I’ve been on the web and I’ve read using 87 isn’t too bad IF you’re not stomping on the pedal. Would rather be safe than sorry it’s kinda hard not to floor it when you’re in it lol also read that the cars computer compensates the low octane of 87 and adjusted timing accordingly. Going to hit up summit racing warehouse in the morning and see what I can find.
Old 03-31-2023, 11:06 PM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
2016 Mercedes S63 4matic sedan
Sounds great. I pick up the Octane booster mentioned at my local auto parts store. Either Oriley or Autozone. I try and keep a couple cans on hand just in case. At one point I was looking into keeping a 55gallon drum of VP unleaded race gas. That was years ago though, when my friend still owned his speed shop. Many guys used to keep drums of that stuff in their garage. Lol. Hope you find something that works. Sorry, I just don't
have hard data for you. The car pulls very hard and runs great.
Old 04-07-2023, 05:35 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
c class
Originally Posted by Imawzrd
I know what it looks like, this guy has a s63 but can’t afford premium gas….. It’s not the case but I’m in a predicament. I’m going to be driving to Mexico next week and from the research I’ve done, there aren’t many places in the area, that I’m going to at least, that have 91 octane or better. So what I’m thinking is taking a couple bottles of octane booster with me to pump those numbers up. Anyone else have a little more knowledge in the octane booster topic or have done it themselves?
looks amazing ! great photo

Last edited by garyharbon; 04-08-2023 at 05:18 PM.