Sponsored by:

New to me 15 s63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2024, 07:22 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
e300
New to me 15 s63

new daily for me! 115k one owner miles, Texas car. Was offered an unlimited mile and time warranty from selling mb dealer for 5k. Declined with expectation that all claims would be denied… but given how long I keep my stuff… May reconsider. Have 30 days. Reading these thread I think I made a mistake by not taking the windshield warranty.. oops. Hoping to learn a bunch from these forums!

Last edited by speedyellow; 08-18-2024 at 07:24 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by speedyellow:
Highline-Autos.com (Today), TooManyIDs (Yesterday), TripleDown (08-18-2024)
Old 08-18-2024, 03:32 PM

Received 256 Likes on 174 Posts
2001 S600 V12 Sold, 2011 Jaguar XFR Sold, 2017 S550 4-Matic, 2018 S63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by speedyellow
new daily for me! 115k one owner miles, Texas car. Was offered an unlimited mile and time warranty from selling mb dealer for 5k. Declined with expectation that all claims would be denied… but given how long I keep my stuff… May reconsider. Have 30 days. Reading these thread I think I made a mistake by not taking the windshield warranty.. oops. Hoping to learn a bunch from these forums!
Beautiflul car, please share more pictures!
I have no idea what they mean by "unlimited mile and time warranty". Those terms need to be spelled out explicitly by the dealer. There is no such thing a warranty that lasts forever. if it existed, and only gost $5K, everybody would buy that warranty. I'd buy it for $15K if it was real. Get the details about what is covered, and the time and mileage limits. Then call your favorite indy shops, and the dealer to see if they work with that warranty company on claims. Most wont, but some will. Then read the warranty paperwork for what is actually covered. Is it just powertrain? If more, then are things like gaskets and seals protected? Then, what about suspension, specifically air suspension? And what is their max labor rate they cover? All important pieces to the puzzle.

Having said that...Nice car!!