Notices
Safety & Testimonials Discuss Mercedes-Benz safety related topics and issues, including testimonials.

Help Please Transmission Slipping

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 04:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c240 and 69 cadi cdv conv
Help Please Transmission Slipping

i know i've asked this before but i did'nt get much of a response. so again I ask if anyone else has experienced the same problem please give me some feedback. If i have to buy a new trans then i'll just part my car out and trade it in.

Here's my problems.

My transmission seems to be slipping, sometimes when i'm driving the car it seems fine but when i take a corner the trans slips into nuetral on it's own, i'll pull over turn off the engine, start it back up and the vehicle will drive normally. the same problem also happens when i floor the gas pedal and let off right away, kinda like when your trying to pass a slow driver. i punch the gas, let off slowly once i've passed and then give it gas again and BAM i'm in nuetral. it's freaking dangerous people, this happens daily. If i'm driving the car in triptronic instead of slipping the car will lock in whatever gear it's in.

WTH can it be, if i have to buy a whole new transmission i'm just going to part ways with my car, i really don't want to do this becuase my cars bad ***. i'm hoping it's not too expensive to fix, maybe a couple hundred bucks but if it goes into anything over a G i'm done people.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 199 Likes on 178 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Posting in a forum whose purpose is ...

Discuss Mercedes-Benz safety related topics and issues, including testimonials.

... is likely to continue to get you few responses.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:16 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
85 380SE, 00 Tundra V8 SR5 4wd, 73 Pontiac Grand Ville, 69 Chevrolet Caprice, 89 Pontiac Safari
Yeah- what does this have to do with safety?