Notices
Safety & Testimonials Discuss Mercedes-Benz safety related topics and issues, including testimonials.

I witnessed this yesterday

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
I witnessed this yesterday

I was with my fiancee going to look at houses yesterday & as we are heading towards this bridge , i see on the opposite lane a BMW (95% sure it was an M3) & a Porsche racing, going like 130. There was a lot of traffic & the bimmer nails this little toyota truck , the truck flips over, and cloths and food fly everwhere from inside the truck, and the Porsche just kept on going (a$$hole)I stopped my car and stayed there, I freaked out, i had never seen an accident happen right in front of me & I thought I might help The sad part was that i saw the two little kids inside the truck, luckily the were in good condtion, and it looks like they are going to be allright. The porsche driver got caught a few miles later & the bimmer driver was in the hospital, both will be in court soon & hopefully jail.

A poor family going home after a day at the beach, and some stupid kids almost destroyed their lives, for what, to see who's car is faster? Sorry for the rant, it just freaked me out to see those little kids like that stuck under the car.

Car Accident

Last edited by MiamiAMG; 06-09-2003 at 11:04 AM.
Old 06-09-2003, 11:24 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Old 06-09-2003, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB C230K
F'cking stupid to be racing in traffic, seen to many people die that way. According to the article the person in the Beemer wasn't even hurt after flipping and SUV? Did he rearend it or hit from the side? I've never seen the rear vehicle come out ahead in a collision, but that's the only way I can imagine him flipping the truck.
Old 06-09-2003, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally posted by junyo
F'cking stupid to be racing in traffic, seen to many people die that way. According to the article the person in the Beemer wasn't even hurt after flipping and SUV? Did he rearend it or hit from the side? I've never seen the rear vehicle come out ahead in a collision, but that's the only way I can imagine him flipping the truck.

Yep, he rear ended the truck...
Old 06-09-2003, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
I hope the poor family gets some help in replacing the vehicle

Be a long time before they see anything from the insurance company....unless they sign off for a little settlement..hope someone steps up and gives them some advice.

WTF are these idiots thinking about when they pull this crap. There are several wrecks a week in the local news here with immature idiots racing.
Old 06-09-2003, 12:10 PM

E55
Racing in general is dangerous. I see it all the time on late at night on the freeways in LA.

LA is definately trying to cut down street races. They just passed a new law that they can confisgate people cars if they get caught racing or even spectating.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/news/060...eetracing.html
Old 06-09-2003, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by junyo
F'cking stupid to be racing in traffic, seen to many people die that way. .

i agree...guess you lose all knowledege once you're racing.

Trending Topics

Old 06-14-2003, 01:14 AM

1995 S320V
witnessed

I live in Vancouver British Columbia, it is 95% mountains and rains very frequently, especialy in the winter, lots of up hill, lots of down hill, lots of curves.

I spent 6 months living in Naples Florida 2 yr ago. It is flat as a pancake , straight roads and sunny. I never saw so many accidents in my life.

Morons driveing off the road into trees and burning to death. Morons crossing the divider into the front of on comming cars. Morons shooting randomly at cars passing them. Morons driving into concrete overpass abutments. It was unbelievable.

Whats going on there?

BArry
Old 07-02-2003, 05:08 PM
Banned

you know whats really sad?

**** like that happens almost every day over here. and those kids always get away with it. not even spending one night in the jail.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Too sad and unfortunate. Hopefully, someone will build a local track here in LA and have everyone who has "the need for speed" race there. I had heard somewhere once, that someone was thinking about building a track around here but I don't remember who or where. Anyway, just because of the way my car looks I get a lot of young kids trying to race me in their little hondas and s**t like they even have a chance. I just look at them and knod my head. Hopefully this new law will teach them a thing or two about racing carelessly, especially in traffic, IDIOTS!
Old 07-21-2003, 01:29 AM
Almost a Member!

Crossfire Coupe
WOW damn I remember that accident. I was on my way down US1 and I saw it. It was a 1990 or so first generation M3 BMW Red with some ski racks on it and it was sitting in the right lane of US1 and 17th Ave. Wow I was wondering what had happened. I'm glad that the kids were not hurt in the truck. This was the exact location that one kid that went to my high school at the time was paralyzed after his friends in a corvette while racing with a mustang collided in the same fashion at this exact same location and struck a chevette (splitting it in two) and killed the 3 occupants in the chevette and the corvette flipped and all 3 occupants in the corvette survived and but the one riding in the rear hatch was paralyzed. See the problem is that I-95 ends onto US 1 and the races usually engage on the terminal part of I-95 and continue on to US1 where the Highway ends and converts . THe accident location is 17th avenue and US1 which is about almost 1 mile from where I95 ends into US1. it's a long straightaway that people just race down on it from the highway with no lights until the first light 16th which never turns red quickly followed by 17th which is where the accident happened. Something has to be done with these idiots racing down here all the time. And you would be amazed what people do down here in S. Florida. If you are driving a Ferrari F360 some idiot in a say for example a Audi will start a race knowing that no matter what he does, come on a Ferrari is hard to beat with an Audi. But the idiot in the Audi will floor it trying to be cool and tell his friends that he beat a Ferrari when all of a sudden a family caravan cuts in front and there you go a FATAL ACCIDENT. It happens all the time down here in S. Florida. It's sickening. I take out my S2000 on weekend to drive along the beach and I can honestly tell you there isn't one damn weekend that some idiot in a souped up god knows what doesn't rev his engine or asks me to race. Its soooooooooo immature. GO race at the damn Homestead race track but dont race in public streets. ITS VEHICULAR HOMICIDE which ever way you put it if you ask me because you clearly know that at those speeds, people can not only get hurt but can get killed.

Last edited by Black230; 07-21-2003 at 01:54 AM.
Old 07-21-2003, 09:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 Jaguar XJS Convertible
What is especially irritating on I-95:

- The machismo (i.e., small d ick) types who think their Ford F-150's are race cars.

And

- People driving P.O.S.'s (i.e., pieces of s hit. that is, old, beat up Corolla's, Honda's, etc.) who also feel they are in Formula 1 race cars.
Old 07-21-2003, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Originally posted by Mr. Xristo
People driving P.O.S.'s (i.e., pieces of s hit. that is, old, beat up Corolla's, Honda's, etc.) who also feel they are in Formula 1 race cars.
That happens everywhere including here in LA! The funnier part is that they even try to race you! Now what the heck are they thinking?
Old 07-24-2003, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
bro that is sad!!!! Theres always ppl in like Ferraris and Porsches racing in traffic on the causway to the beach!!!!!