Notices
Safety & Testimonials Discuss Mercedes-Benz safety related topics and issues, including testimonials.

W204 Coupe crash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2020, 02:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes ML500
W204 Coupe crash

I was driving to town from the farm on a Friday afternoon on a narrow road, about 15 minutes into my drive I took a right hand bend. Suddenly I was forced off the road by an oncoming truck in my lane in the blindness of the bend. My w204 hit the gravel and I lost control, hitting pedestrians, a telephone pole and trees. The car came to rest on its roof. The next thing I remember was being loaded off a helicopter at a hospital. With some amazing doctors and a fantastic car I was home the next day with only a broken finger and a few stitches.
I now drive a M class

Old 07-20-2020, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 210 Likes on 201 Posts
2003 C230K Coupe Orion Blue
Wow. Quite the crash.

Glad to hear you're okay. Hope the pedestrians are okay as well.

How fast were you going when you left the road?
Old 07-21-2020, 11:47 PM

Received 170 Likes on 112 Posts
2015 E250 Bluetec
Happy to hear that you weren’t injured much worse! My wishes for a speedy recovery!
Old 06-05-2022, 08:05 PM

Received 177 Likes on 150 Posts
E550 Coupe 2wd (2016)
That looks like southern California. SoCal is why I have a dash cam, to catch all the crazy stuff people do. People have tried to hit me and/or run me off the road more times than I could possibly count. The nicer the car the harder they try, and part of why I have the dash cam is to prove to friends all the things I say happen. Worse than that is all the people obstructing traffic, which boggles my mind.
Glad car did it's thing for you, but I/we wonder about the pedestrians. It doesn't look like a pedestrian kinda road, so like a one in a million bad luck?
What happened with the truck, did he just keep driving? Little Toyota truck, semi, somewhere in between?