Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 04:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 AMG C63s sedan
2020 GT63S Sedan Order FAIL

What would you do?

I want to order a 2020 GT63S sedan.

A salesman at a MB dealership in Chicago told me he’s got a allocation. We agreed on a discount off msrp, he told me to come in ASAP for this deal to happen since the allocation was closing and I had to chose my options on the car quickly.

I came into the dealership the same day, chose all my options for the 2020 Gt 63s sedan. I put down a deposit and I thought I had ordered the car. I left the dealership knowing that the allocation was closing, which I thought meant my car would be in production at least writhing a couple months.

I have not test driven this car yet. So, two weeks later I finally found the time to get to the dealership to test drive it. Called up the sales man and made an appointment. I came in to test the car out. After the test drive I asked my sales man to find out if I can change any other options on my car knowing that I probably couldn’t. Then, I asked my sales man on the status of the allocation and the order. At this point my sales man says “ they are waiting for an allocation and have no idea when they will get the allocation”.

So, I was like totally surprised and upset finding out that they had my deposit and options that I’ve chosen. They failed to let me know that can’t even order my car yet. I am scratching my head.

How would you act ? What do you suggest I do ? Do dealer ships lie to people like the all the time ?

Old 06-23-2019, 11:08 PM

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Mine: 2014 E550 4matic; Hers: 2016 CLS 400 4matic
Go to another dealer...Personally I would not trust them.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 950 Likes on 571 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
So your dealer placed an order in ‘Netstar’ (?) under your name for a car they don’t have an allocation for. At this point in time, you should easily be able to change the options, etc.

I would ask to speak, in person, to the New Car Manager and ask them the specifics regarding your order. Also, make sure that a Manager signed your ‘Purchase Order’, otherwise your discount means nothing if it’s from the mouth of your salesman.

If you don’t like what you hear after talking to the New Car Manager, get your money back and move on.

Bish
Old 06-24-2019, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 313 Likes on 214 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by bigarmsinc1
What would you do?

I want to order a 2020 GT63S sedan.

A salesman at a MB dealership in Chicago told me he’s got a allocation. We agreed on a discount off msrp, he told me to come in ASAP for this deal to happen since the allocation was closing and I had to chose my options on the car quickly.

I came into the dealership the same day, chose all my options for the 2020 Gt 63s sedan. I put down a deposit and I thought I had ordered the car. I left the dealership knowing that the allocation was closing, which I thought meant my car would be in production at least writhing a couple months.

I have not test driven this car yet. So, two weeks later I finally found the time to get to the dealership to test drive it. Called up the sales man and made an appointment. I came in to test the car out. After the test drive I asked my sales man to find out if I can change any other options on my car knowing that I probably couldn’t. Then, I asked my sales man on the status of the allocation and the order. At this point my sales man says “ they are waiting for an allocation and have no idea when they will get the allocation”.

So, I was like totally surprised and upset finding out that they had my deposit and options that I’ve chosen. They failed to let me know that can’t even order my car yet. I am scratching my head.

How would you act ? What do you suggest I do ? Do dealer ships lie to people like the all the time ?
Well, it appears the dealer lied to you about having an allocation. Time to “fire” the dealer and go a different dealer. Anytime one orders an MB in the US, always get the purchase order number from the Netstar system. This will confirm the order is in the MBUSA system and is an ACTUAL order with MBUSA and not just an order with the dealer especially if the dealer states they have an allocation.

If you don’t want to fire the dealer, you should have a frank discussion with the sales person to find out if he intended to lie or he had no idea what he was doing to begin with. It is hard to prove an intent to lie but let your gut figure this out.

By the way, if he did lie that is what give sales people a bad rap. You need to find people you can trust to give your business to whether it is cars or anything else you are purchasing.
The following users liked this post:
hyperion667 (07-15-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 07:16 PM

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts
20 Lamborghini Urus, 2021 G63
I've bought cars all over the country, another dealer will want your order on that car. They can "place" the order, but MBUSA has to accept it, you can easily get a car shipped enclosed around $1k-$1,500 depending on how far it's being shipped. Trust me, at that price point another dealer will gladly take your order!
Old 07-15-2019, 01:16 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
YES! Another dealer! I wouldn't even waste your time at the one that took your deposit.......get you money back and find someone else who is responsible.

Such an AMAZING car too! And at that price point I would expect the dealers to be VERY accommodating!
Old 07-19-2019, 11:45 AM

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts
2019 E63, 2011 E350, 1997 F50
Go to another dealer. That was a dirty move, im sure other dealers will help you out. My friend ordered a gt63 amg s and someone sent him a video of people at the dealership taking a joy ride in his car before he took delivery. He walked out and got all of his money back, I just took him to by mercedes dealership where I get my cars from and they gave him a nice discount on a magno blue gt63 s.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:59 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by Michael Khan
Go to another dealer. That was a dirty move, im sure other dealers will help you out. My friend ordered a gt63 amg s and someone sent him a video of people at the dealership taking a joy ride in his car before he took delivery. He walked out and got all of his money back, I just took him to by mercedes dealership where I get my cars from and they gave him a nice discount on a magno blue gt63 s.
Wow! That's kind of funny........that they were then stuck with a HIGH end car LOL! Wish we could see the vid too
Old 07-19-2019, 11:19 PM

2017 AMG C63s sedan
This original dealership says that they will get me an allocation. BUT they sent me a credit application to fill out, they said they will NOT run my credit until the car comes in..

What do ya'll think?

Supposedly they will give me a discount off msrp... so this is why i am still talking to them...

How much off msrp can we get on new orders for 2020 GT63s ??

From my experience i have seen 5-7 % off msrp so far...
Old 07-20-2019, 07:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 313 Likes on 214 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by bigarmsinc1
This original dealership says that they will get me an allocation. BUT they sent me a credit application to fill out, they said they will NOT run my credit until the car comes in..

What do ya'll think?

Supposedly they will give me a discount off msrp... so this is why i am still talking to them...

How much off msrp can we get on new orders for 2020 GT63s ??

From my experience i have seen 5-7 % off msrp so far...
I am confused?

i thought you had agreed on a % off msrp from your initial post with a deposit. No? Did you not have a signed agreement with the dealer already?

Why would you give them a credit app before the car is at the dealer? Crazy. I am guessing you have never bought a car from this dealer and they don’t trust you have the cash or credit to close on the deal. Otherwise why would they want info like credit info before the car is built. Crazy!
Old 07-20-2019, 03:53 PM

2017 AMG C63s sedan
Originally Posted by MTrauman
I am confused?

i thought you had agreed on a % off msrp from your initial post with a deposit. No? Did you not have a signed agreement with the dealer already?

Why would you give them a credit app before the car is at the dealer? Crazy. I am guessing you have never bought a car from this dealer and they don’t trust you have the cash or credit to close on the deal. Otherwise why would they want info like credit info before the car is built. Crazy!
Yes i do have a % off msrp already agreed.

Yes i have not bought a car from this dealer before, yet. This is why they want a signed credit application.

I guess i will fill out the credit application and see where this goes? They guaranteed me they will not run credit until car is there..