Sponsored by:

AMG DYNAMIC PLUS Package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E63-S
AMG DYNAMIC PLUS Package

Hello friends, brand new to the forums. I’m currently shopping for a GT63. My first question is about the Dynamic Performance Package. I see that it’s an option on the standard GT63, is that because it’s comes automatically on the GT63-S? And what exactly am I getting here if I select it? I understand Drift mode, but what is RACE mode? Do i need that to have Launch Control? Should I car about dynamic engine or transmission mounts?

and I don’t like yellow calipers. BTW, would anyone actually not have their calipers match the stitching of their Performance seats? (Which I don’t want anyway, too stiff)

Thanks in advance. This will be my first question in a long line of them I’m sure.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 932 Likes on 557 Posts
N/A
This will help: https://i.imgur.com/Zzae7lO.png
If you choose this package you will get the yellow calipers.
Old 01-22-2020, 06:58 AM

2014 E63-S
Originally Posted by Eaton
thanks Eaton for your reply. Since it’s standard on all GT63-S’s, does that mean the cars I’ve seen with red calipers have selected a red caliper option for the S? Also, I still had other questions this link didn’t address: what is RACE mode? Do all cars have Launch? What do dynamic engine mounts do?
Old 01-22-2020, 07:38 AM

2014 E63-S
thanks Eaton for your reply. Since it’s standard on all GT63-S’s, does that mean the cars I’ve seen with red calipers have selected a red caliper option for the S? Also, I still had other questions this link didn’t address: what is RACE mode? Do all cars have Launch? What do dynamic engine mounts do?

Old 01-22-2020, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 932 Likes on 557 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by Sharkstripe
Here's another page that will explain the calipers: https://i.imgur.com/PzqoGEr.png

Here's what I could find on RACE mode: The AMG GT 63 S additionally features as standard the "RACE" drive program for highly dynamic driving on closed race tracks. In this program, all of the parameters are configured for maximum performance. It is also available for all other models as part of the optional AMG DYNAMIC PLUS Package.

And dynamic engine mounts: In the AMG GT 63 S variant, the eight-cylinder unit is also equipped with dynamic engine mounts as part of the standard AMG Dynamic Plus Package. The mounts solve the conflicting goals of achieving as soft a connection as possible to the powertrain for high comfort and as rigid a connection as possible for optimum driving dynamics, by steplessly and quickly adapting their rigidity to the respective driving conditions. As an option, the AMG GT 63 can be equipped with dynamic engine mounts as part of the AMG Dynamic Plus Package.

I can't find anything on Launch Control.
The following 2 users liked this post by Eaton:
kavaholic (08-17-2023), Sharkstripe (01-22-2020)
Old 01-22-2020, 09:08 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2020 AMG GT63s
I can't find anything on Launch Control.
Nothing better than race start (Launch Control)
Old 01-25-2020, 04:45 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
c63 coupe

Components:

1. AMG Performance steering wheel in DINAMICA microfibre, black (L6G) with AMG steering wheel buttons (U88)
  2. Yellow-painted brake callipers
  3. "RACE" drive program including Drift Mode (only in conj. with AMG GT 53 4MATIC+ and 63 4MATIC+, standard for 63 S 4MATIC+)
  4. Dynamic engine mounts (only in conj. with AMG GT 63 4MATIC+ and 63 S 4MATIC+)
  5. Electronic rear axle differential lock (only in conj. with AMG GT 53 4MATIC+, standard for 63 4MATIC+ and 63 S 4MATIC+)
  6. Larger brake disks with a diameter of 390 mm diameter (only in conj. with AMG GT 53 4MATIC+, standard for 63 4MATIC+ and 63 S 4MATIC+)
The following users liked this post:
kavaholic (08-17-2023)
Old 01-25-2020, 07:08 AM

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
2021 CLA 250
When discussing features it is often to note your region as the options are different depending on where you are.