Drive unit for GT63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2020, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GT 63S
Drive unit for GT63

Hey guys,

I got my GT63S a couple months ago, and I didn’t have the AMG drive unit on the steering wheel. A couple days ago I found on Ebay that someone is selling genuine Drive Unit Switches (Yes, just the switches without the actual wheel). So does anyone know if it is possible to install those switches onto my steering wheel?

Thanks for any help
Old 01-31-2020, 10:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 GT63S, 2023 Cayenne Turbo S E-Hybrid, 2017 GTC4 Lusso
I would be interested in this as well since they don't offer that option in the US. I know the dealer won't touch anything that modifies the AMG as they say it has to be done in the AMG factory or voids warranty.
Old 01-31-2020, 02:04 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2020 AMG GT63s
Originally Posted by milkyway1221
Hey guys,

I got my GT63S a couple months ago, and I didn’t have the AMG drive unit on the steering wheel. A couple days ago I found on Ebay that someone is selling genuine Drive Unit Switches (Yes, just the switches without the actual wheel). So does anyone know if it is possible to install those switches onto my steering wheel?

Thanks for any help
Depends, if you have a heated steering wheel you cannot have the drive unit.

Originally Posted by nyichiban
I would be interested in this as well since they don't offer that option in the US. I know the dealer won't touch anything that modifies the AMG as they say it has to be done in the AMG factory or voids warranty.
Drive unit is standard in the US, and my dealer will do anything I want to the car, they even support Renntech tunes and cover them under warranty.
Old 01-31-2020, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Carbon8
Depends, if you have a heated steering wheel you cannot have the drive unit.

Drive unit is standard in the US, and my dealer will do anything I want to the car, they even support Renntech tunes and cover them under warranty.
No way! Is it a Mercedes dealership or authorized Mercedes dealership? Mine is Mercedes corporate dealership so they don't support that. There wasn't an option to choose the drive unit with the fancy OLED buttons when I built the car.
Old 01-31-2020, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 952 Likes on 571 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
“Drive unit is standard in the US, and my dealer will do anything I want to the car, they even support Renntech tunes and cover them under warranty.”

No matter what you have have been told MB USA will not warranty a drivetrain failure that can/might be linked to the Renntech tune.

Renntech might provide a warranty, and your selling dealership might pitch in to help, but MB USA is under no obligation to cover anything.
Old 01-31-2020, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by thebishman
“Drive unit is standard in the US, and my dealer will do anything I want to the car, they even support Renntech tunes and cover them under warranty.”

No matter what you have have been told MB USA will not warranty a drivetrain failure that can/might be linked to the Renntech tune.

Renntech might provide a warranty, and your selling dealership might pitch in to help, but MB USA is under no obligation to cover anything.
My dealer just told me straight up that my warranty is gone if I did any mods to it. I think there was an exception which was swapping pipes or valves, I forget which as I kind of tuned out after he said warranty would be gone.
The following users liked this post:
thebishman (01-31-2020)