Sponsored by:

Apple CarPlay but no Android Auto?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2020, 11:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 AMG GT 53
Apple CarPlay but no Android Auto?!

I recently leased a 2019 GT53 as my daily driver. Lots to love but there is one missing feature that is extremely disappointing. No Android Auto!

Just about every other MB cars support both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Does anyone know why Android Auto isn't supported? Any rumor of future SW upgrade?
Old 03-08-2020, 11:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Amg gt63s
I just noticed the same thing... Anyone know how this feature could be turned on?
Old 10-19-2022, 04:12 PM

C43
Bumping this for same issue, any news?
Old 03-03-2024, 09:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
AMG GT53
Same issue here.. anyone ever get Android auto working?
Old 03-03-2024, 09:58 PM

C43
Originally Posted by deadcat
Same issue here.. anyone ever get Android auto working?
I got mine through Vladimir

email canfiltermb@gmail.com, he'll need your VIN to confirm compatibility before purchase (it's an unlocked you can plug in via OBD)

I've had mine for more than a year and it's working well
Old 03-05-2024, 07:56 AM

AMG GT53
I'm guessing it's available but locked as one of those "pay extra to get" features? If so, some that's some pretty basic s*** to be locking up. I mean, even most newer POS cars have it available stock. Carplay is available, but might just be cause the last person who had the car added it, idk.

Originally Posted by skrskrr
I got mine through Vladimir

email canfiltermb@gmail.com, he'll need your VIN to confirm compatibility before purchase (it's an unlocked you can plug in via OBD)

I've had mine for more than a year and it's working well
Thanks! Messaging him now, will post back how it goes. Looking down just for maps and stuff like that has been driving me crazy.

Last edited by deadcat; 03-05-2024 at 08:00 AM.
Old 03-05-2024, 08:01 AM

AMG GT53

Well, that's disappointing
Old 03-05-2024, 11:11 AM
SPONSOR

Received 781 Likes on 605 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by Evan Cheng
I recently leased a 2019 GT53 as my daily driver. Lots to love but there is one missing feature that is extremely disappointing. No Android Auto!

Just about every other MB cars support both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Does anyone know why Android Auto isn't supported? Any rumor of future SW upgrade?
send me your vin
Old 03-05-2024, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 905 Likes on 550 Posts
N/A
Android Auto was added for 2021. For 2019 and 2020, it was not included.
Old 03-06-2024, 06:05 AM
SPONSOR

Received 88 Likes on 36 Posts
AMG C63 2019 AMG C43 2024 RS7 2016
We can solve this for you:

https://rjautomotive.net/products/ap...io-20-vehicles
Old 03-07-2024, 06:32 AM
SPONSOR

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
https://carlinklife.com/products/car...x-cp2video-max
Plug and Play! Wireless CarPlay and Android Auto to experience wireless freedom.
Old 03-16-2024, 08:50 PM

AMG GT53
Just wanted to check in here. @BenzNinja was able to get this working in my 2019 AMG GT53, along with other things. This part in particular only took him like 15 mins. Tested the maps going to a shop downtown and it worked beautifully.

Thanks @BenzNinja !! Kind of a super important feature, and now it's available in my car.
The following users liked this post:
BenzNinja (03-17-2024)
Old 03-17-2024, 09:34 AM
SPONSOR

The carlinkit4.0 can convert your wired carplay into wireless android auto while you use android phone.
Old 03-17-2024, 10:38 AM

AMG GT53
Originally Posted by carputech
The carlinkit4.0 can convert your wired carplay into wireless android auto while you use android phone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4Zx_yC4Pbs
Interesting share, but it seems a bit off-topic. We're discussing the built-in Android Auto feature in the 2019 AMG GT53, but your video discusses retrofitting CarPlay for Android devices in the Nissan Maxima, Honda Accord, and Ridgeline. Any insights on how your product is directly applicable to the 2019 AMG GT53 would be helpful (2020 would probably be relevant too, since Android Auto wasn't "available" until 2021). Otherwise, this might not be the best place for your promotion.

@BenzNinja was able to enable the native Android Auto functionality, and it was in my 2019 AMG GT53. Works as I would expect now, Android Auto shows up in the car's menus, has the in-car settings available that it should have, etc.. I think this is what people here are looking for.

Last edited by deadcat; 03-17-2024 at 10:49 AM.
Old 03-17-2024, 12:08 PM
SPONSOR

Interesting share, but it seems a bit off-topic. We're discussing the built-in Android Auto feature in the 2019 AMG GT53, but your video discusses retrofitting CarPlay for Android devices in the Nissan Maxima, Honda Accord, and Ridgeline. Any insights on how your product is directly applicable to the 2019 AMG GT53 would be helpful (2020 would probably be relevant too, since Android Auto wasn't "available" until 2021). Otherwise, this might not be the best place for your promotion.

@BenzNinja was able to enable the native Android Auto functionality, and it was in my 2019 AMG GT53. Works as I would expect now, Android Auto shows up in the car's menus, has the in-car settings available that it should have, etc.. I think this is what people here are looking for.
Hi,
Of course I have already read all comments here and know what you are talking about, bro.
I believe that people want to have multiple ways to solve a problem and then choose the one they think is best for them to solve their problem.
The carlinkit4.0 is just a small dongle, which connects to the car via an usb cable. With this small dongle, you can use wireless Android Auto in your 2019 AMG GT53 which doesn’t have Android Auto built-in. No need any modifications to your original car, and it only costs $65.
You only need to manually connect wireless android auto for the first time, and it will automatically connect every time you start the car. You don't even have to take your phone out of your pocket.

Old 03-17-2024, 12:39 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by BenzNinja
you have to translate that to chinese I think
Thanks for your kindness.
Yes we are Chinese. But most of us can speak English as well.
I think it doesn’t matter where a business comes from, as long as they offer an excellent product/service and excellent support.
Old 03-17-2024, 01:03 PM

AMG GT53
Hi,
Of course I have already read all comments here and know what you are talking about, bro.
I believe that people want to have multiple ways to solve a problem and then choose the one they think is best for them to solve their problem.
The carlinkit4.0 is just a small dongle, which connects to the car via an usb cable. With this small dongle, you can use wireless Android Auto in your 2019 AMG GT53 which doesn’t have Android Auto built-in. No need any modifications to your original car, and it only costs $65.
You only need to manually connect wireless android auto for the first time, and it will automatically connect every time you start the car. You don't even have to take your phone out of your pocket.
I think you missed my point. Can anyone here even verify this works for the 2019 AMG GT53? Your video is about Nissan and Honda, not Mercedes. Then it looks like this doesn't enable Android Auto either like you say, it just makes your Nissan/Honda think your Android is an Apple so it works with CarPlay instead. We want the Android Auto option that comes in our 2019 AMG GT53 to work, not spam about Android CarPlay in Nissan and Honda cars. I can't stop you from promoting, but after I watched the video it felt like the post was spam. I'm sure that wasn't your goal so just trying to be helpful.
Old 03-17-2024, 01:34 PM
SPONSOR

I think you missed my point. Can anyone here even verify this works for the 2019 AMG GT53? Your video is about Nissan and Honda, not Mercedes. Then it looks like this doesn't enable Android Auto either like you say, it just makes your Nissan/Honda think your Android is an Apple so it works with CarPlay instead. We want the Android Auto option that comes in our 2019 AMG GT53 to work, not spam about Android CarPlay in Nissan and Honda cars. I can't stop you from promoting, but after I watched the video it felt like the post was spam. I'm sure that wasn't your goal so just trying to be helpful.
If you think the post was spam, you can check out more reviews on YouTube . You can also buy one from Amazon to test.
Old 03-17-2024, 06:55 PM

AMG GT53
If you think the post was spam, you can check out more reviews on YouTube . You can also buy one from Amazon to test.
Pass. I've already got Android Auto now, and honestly, I couldn't find a single video of your product working in a 2019 AMG GT53. Maybe next time, check if your product actually works with the car models you're targeting before wasting everyone's time to search for videos?

Last edited by deadcat; 03-17-2024 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-22-2024, 02:46 AM

Thanks for the info
Old 03-22-2024, 06:31 AM

2007 polo Gt
It's disappointing to see car manufacturers opting for Apple CarPlay exclusively, leaving out Android Auto users. dish internet and cable packages Both platforms offer seamless integration for smartphone users, enhancing safety and convenience on the road. By limiting compatibility to just one operating system, automakers risk alienating a significant portion of their customer base. Embracing both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto would ensure inclusivity and provide drivers with more choices for connectivity while promoting safer driving habits.
Old 05-05-2024, 08:16 AM

MB GT43
Android Auto GT43

I have same problem can you please advice how you solved it?
Old 05-05-2024, 09:11 AM

AMG GT53
Originally Posted by Vahan
They didn't release it for 2019, even though it's technically available to be unlocked. So you have a use a tool like Vediamo or DTS Monaco to enable it. If you don't know anything about this stuff, I'd message RJ from this thread about it and just pay to have it done. And I say RJ specifically because of all the sponsors, RJ seems to be the most respectful and knowledgeable. Also, their website looks like a real website and not something someone set up over the weekend. I've actually heard of some of the others leaving dead code and alike in people car, so you need to be really careful when picking a sponsor.

Here's the link to their service for this:
https://rjautomotive.net/products/ap...io-20-vehicles

Alternatively, you can buy an
Ottocast Ottocast
or alike (which is actually cheaper too) and use Android Auto via the Apple Carplay button, and wirelessly. I would argue this might be the best choice because first of all, no one is coding **** in your car, and second of all the Android Auto buttons don't work as well as you'd like (in 2019 versions at least), so the steering wheel navigation button doesn't work in Android Auto and you have to use the center touch pad with Android Auto and the screen is not even full size (but everything works as expected in AA on CarPlay w/Ottocast). I actually enabled Android Auto, and then after the fact, bought an Ottocast cause how much better the "CarPlay" experience is (even AA via CarPlay) - which is saying something.

Last edited by BenzTechGuru; 05-05-2024 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-05-2024, 10:25 AM
SPONSOR

Received 781 Likes on 605 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by Vahan
Hi!

you can get it done in the USA directly just msg us
we work with MB tools and your car will be safe