Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2021 AMG GT 63S assembled 11November2020 stuck in Bremerhaven port

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 01:38 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC Yukon
My AMG GT 63S arrived in port of Baltimore on a Friday... somehow it cleared thru US Customs and Mercedes checks and was loaded on a United Transport Trucking Company closed carrier and arrived on the following Wednesday at my dealer in Waukesha,Wi(Milwaukee).after a 12 hour drive.
listen to this... Daimler Mercedes is going to give you FREE a WiFi hotspot with 1GB of data. I blew thru 1GB in 5 days... and now ATT wants you to buy additional data for year for $200.( Thank you Daimler-Mercedes... you are so generous)
what do ya think about that?
Old 03-15-2021, 01:45 PM

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts
'20 GLS580, '18 S560
Originally Posted by PPTDriver
My AMG GT 63S arrived in port of Baltimore on a Friday... somehow it cleared thru US Customs and Mercedes checks and was loaded on a United Transport Trucking Company closed carrier and arrived on the following Wednesday at my dealer in Waukesha,Wi(Milwaukee).after a 12 hour drive.
listen to this... Daimler Mercedes is going to give you FREE a WiFi hotspot with 1GB of data. I blew thru 1GB in 5 days... and now ATT wants you to buy additional data for year for $200.( Thank you Daimler-Mercedes... you are so generous)
Wow. The vessel arrival to Customs to VPC to Waukesha in 6 days?
Old 03-15-2021, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,249 Likes on 2,022 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Nobody in their right mind is using the MB Data services. Complete waste. Use your phone for anything Internet
Old 03-19-2021, 08:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2021 G63
'21 G63 stuck in Baltimore

I ordered my G63 in August. Finally, it arrived last week in Baltimore. Dealer called yesterday to let me know "there is a problem" with my vehicle in Baltimore. No clue what the problem is or when it may be resolved. He did mention that three other customers are having the same issue with their G63's. I went from being excited to seeing my new ride rolling into Louisville, KY, to who knows when/ if this thing will arrive. Frustrating.
The following users liked this post:
PPTDriver (03-20-2021)
Old 03-20-2021, 02:18 PM

GMC Yukon
Problem in Baltimore.

They will hold the cars in Baltimore to fix things before shipping to dealer. If it was damage done while loading or offloading from ship, they can repair and you’ll never know about it... unless you specifically ask what damage was repaired. Make them tell you.
Old 03-21-2021, 10:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG GT 63
Man this is scary to hear. I was trying to decide between ordering and picking from the current inventory. I’m glad I decided on the latter. I did have to have my car shipped from
California to Atlanta which costs $2500 and I had to pay MSRP for the car (2021 in January) but I ended up with the exact car I wanted. It’s honestly not worth all the stress that you’re going through. If I were you I’d just buy something else in the meantime that won’t depreciate too much and enjoy that. The AMG GT 63 is a great car but I’m honestly not impressed to the point to spend this amount again. I paid $172k MSRP and I could probably find another vehicle slightly used for half the cost and get 90% of the function and enjoyment that I get from my ride. It’s a lesson learned for me. I think that I’ve hit my limit on what I’ll spend and what I believe is worth it for a vehicle. Not unless it’s a collectors item that will appreciate in the future.
PPTDriver (03-21-2021)
Old 03-21-2021, 05:32 PM

GMC Yukon
The distinct advantage of my AMG GT 63S

When driving the 2017 Panamera Turbo I can not roll the window down half way because it has an annoying air hammer.... I had to drive with all windows up or windows down .... not so in the 63S... and when driving the Panamera with sun coming in from my left the sun visor could not slide out enough to block sun... but on the 63S the dun visor slides on a bar. Blocking the sun... little things mean a lot.
Old 03-22-2021, 02:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by Russ R
I ordered my G63 in August. Finally, it arrived last week in Baltimore. Dealer called yesterday to let me know "there is a problem" with my vehicle in Baltimore. No clue what the problem is or when it may be resolved. He did mention that three other customers are having the same issue with their G63's. I went from being excited to seeing my new ride rolling into Louisville, KY, to who knows when/ if this thing will arrive. Frustrating.
Please keep us posted on this. I'm curious what your vehicle's issue was and what the issue was for the other vehicles.
Old 03-22-2021, 02:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by Russ R
They will hold the cars in Baltimore to fix things before shipping to dealer. If it was damage done while loading or offloading from ship, they can repair and you’ll never know about it... unless you specifically ask what damage was repaired. Make them tell you.
I'm curious how this works when it comes to damage to factory matte paints - not that this is the user's issue. I've heard such issues aren't easy fixes.
madkow70 (03-24-2021)
Old 03-24-2021, 07:52 AM

'20 GLS580, '18 S560
ordered on 12/3.
built on 2/12.
arrived at Baltimore VPC on 3/11.
it's been stuck in D30-VPC DELAYED status since.
I'm in Northern Virginia. Only an hour away from Baltimore. this is killing me.....
Old 03-24-2021, 09:14 AM

GMC Yukon
Stuck in Baltimore...

You are so close to Baltimore... take some time to drive up there and find the Mercedes incoming inspection area and use your cunning to impersonate a United Transport Trucking carrier driver and find your car to see what they are doing to it... otherwise.. you’ll never know( that the Germans are installing a secret tracking device in your car and will know wherever you go )[humor]
Old 03-24-2021, 09:17 AM

'20 GLS580, '18 S560
You are so close to Baltimore... take some time to drive up there and find the Mercedes incoming inspection area and use your cunning to impersonate a United Transport Trucking carrier driver and find your car to see what they are doing to it... otherwise.. you’ll never know( that the Germans are installing a secret tracking device in your car and will know wherever you go )[humor]
LOL
Old 03-31-2021, 07:22 PM

'20 GLS580, '18 S560
update on my x290.

My dealer in Bethesda Maryland received several shipments (including other GTs that were arrived after mine at Baltimore).
Mine still shows D-30 VPC Delayed status. 3 weeks in VPC!

The dealer has no means of getting any more info on it.
I called MB Customer service and they escalated to Executive Relations team and told me that that department would get back to me in 24 hours.
Two days went by and nothing happened.
Wow. I'm now completely unhappy with how they are handling this....

Anyone know if there are any other things that I can do??
PPTDriver (04-02-2021)
Old 04-02-2021, 02:35 PM

GMC Yukon
Email or FedEx Dimitris Psillakis

Here is email address for CEO of MB USA -Atlanta Dimitris Psillakis.
dimitris@daimler.com
all he’ll do is pass onto someone on his Atlanta staff to contact you.... with a copy to your dealers MB zone Mgr . I kept on him until the MB zone manager phoned me and I started getting straight answers my dealer could not provide ... right down to the name of the trucking company that brought my AMG GT 63S from VPC my dealer
madkow70 (04-02-2021)
Old 04-02-2021, 04:34 PM

'20 GLS580, '18 S560
dimitris@daimler.com
all he’ll do is pass onto someone on his Atlanta staff to contact you.... with a copy to your dealers MB zone Mgr . I kept on him until the MB zone manager phoned me and I started getting straight answers my dealer could not provide ... right down to the name of the trucking company that brought my AMG GT 63S from VPC my dealer
Thank you!!!!
just sent an e-mail with all the details.
I'll keep this forum updated when I get a reply.

Thanks again!!
Old 04-02-2021, 05:20 PM

'20 GLS580, '18 S560
dimitris@daimler.com
HAHAHA... spoke too soon.
dimitris@daimler.com is no longer a valid e-mail address.
e-mail rejected.

I'm so frustrated, I'm about to just notified the dealer that I'm walking away from this deal soon.

PPTDriver (04-02-2021)
Old 04-02-2021, 06:46 PM

GMC Yukon
Corrected email address for CEO MBUSA -Atlanta

dimitris.psillakis@daimler.com
Old 04-02-2021, 08:52 PM

'20 GLS580, '18 S560
dimitris@daimler.com
did they respond back pretty promptly?
Old 04-02-2021, 09:47 PM

GMC Yukon
Response from Dimitris

Dimitris had a man named Johnathan phone me and gave me additional alibis....
actually my dealer had his zone Mgr contact me and he gave me the correct answers regarding the delays ... so push your dealers GM to have his zone Mgr contact you
madkow70 (04-03-2021)
Old 04-05-2021, 11:59 AM

'20 GLS580, '18 S560
Dimitris had a man named Johnathan phone me and gave me additional alibis....
actually my dealer had his zone Mgr contact me and he gave me the correct answers regarding the delays ... so push your dealers GM to have his zone Mgr contact you
So the MBUSA guy from the Executive Relations team was pretty much unhelpful so far.
The only thing he presented is to look into it and get back to me... urrrgggg.

My dealer pinged their POC at Baltimore VPC and found out that the X290, while on the vessel, went out of the date on some of its software. because they released some updates.
and the VPC has been waiting for the s/w update to be done before they can release the vehicle.
hmmmm.... the vehicle landed in Baltimore on 3/10 and it's been nearly a month now, waiting for software update???????? WTF????
This totally doesn't make sense to me.... Frustrating...
PPTDriver (04-05-2021)
Old 04-05-2021, 12:40 PM

GMC Yukon
Another person to get answers

Try sending an email to Britta Seeger. She sits on Daimler Board of Mgmt in Stuttgart and overseas MB cars. I did get a reply from her office saying her staff would look into my situation... and all of a sudden I was contacted by staff of MBUSA -Atlanta.
worth a try.
britta.seegar@daimler.com
madkow70 (04-05-2021)
Old 04-05-2021, 12:48 PM

'20 GLS580, '18 S560
Try sending an email to Britta Seeger. She sits on Daimler Board of Mgmt in Stuttgart and overseas MB cars. I did get a reply from her office saying her staff would look into my situation... and all of a sudden I was contacted by staff of MBUSA -Atlanta.
worth a try.
britta.seegar@daimler.com

When they finally did process your vehicle, did they ever reveal what the deal was with your car?
PPTDriver (04-05-2021)
Old 04-05-2021, 02:15 PM

GMC Yukon
Alibi I got about my car...

I kept getting alibis that Germans were on Holidsy ... then Covid... then extended Xmas factory shutdown..but my VIN car was assembled and built in November.
facts show that Daimler was fined by USA EPA 2020 year for false emissions. I heard that Daimler did not want to ship any more big engine cars built in calendar year 2020 causing increase in the EPA fines. Therefore they waited until calendar year 2021 to ship to Bremerhaven and put onto a boat going to VPC..
( who knows the real reason ?)
madkow70 (04-05-2021)
Old 04-05-2021, 03:35 PM

'20 GLS580, '18 S560
I kept getting alibis that Germans were on Holidsy ... then Covid... then extended Xmas factory shutdown..but my VIN car was assembled and built in November.
facts show that Daimler was fined by USA EPA 2020 year for false emissions. I heard that Daimler did not want to ship any more big engine cars built in calendar year 2020 causing increase in the EPA fines. Therefore they waited until calendar year 2021 to ship to Bremerhaven and put onto a boat going to VPC..
( who knows the real reason ?)
understood.
I'm now guessing that my case is a bit different than that then.
the freaking delay on mine started since it got unloaded in Baltimore. prior to arriving in Baltimore, things looked to be moving along just fine....

Anyway, I'm getting pretty close to telling them to go shove the custom ordered car up their asses and start looking at some other options...

Last edited by madkow70; 04-05-2021 at 05:27 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by madkow70:
garymac (04-06-2021), PPTDriver (04-06-2021)
Old 04-06-2021, 01:30 PM

GMC Yukon
If you car needed repairs in VPC

Back in 2015,I did a Euro Delivery of a BMW 650GC. Turned it in after driving it in Germany 15 days and waited for it to be shipped and arrive at my dealer .... the delay was terrible. Finally found out that the state law where I live allows dealers to wholesale repair a vehicle at their cost of $2000 before car is registered in state... without having to tell purchaser.Later I did find out the BMW had to be repaired at USA port of entry. Once I got the car at my dealer I found it repaired to perfection.... but I got rid of it after 6 months.... wonder if your car needed repairs at VPC before shipment to your dealer.
madkow70 (04-06-2021)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2021 AMG GT 63S assembled 11November2020 stuck in Bremerhaven port