Question on "Active multicontour front seats with massage"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 08:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
N/A
Question Question on "Active multicontour front seats with massage"

If you opt not to get this package can you still adjust the stock seat so that the seat extends laterally under your legs?

Thanks.
Old 01-06-2021, 08:53 PM

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
2021 CLA 250
The seats have adjustable extension to provide more thigh support. This part is not tied to the multicontour capability. In fact the adjustment is manual on my car which has the multicontour.

Edit: do you mean if the seat surface side bolsters are adjustable? If this is your question, the answer is "I don't know".

Last edited by NovaOne; 01-06-2021 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-06-2021, 08:55 PM

N/A
Originally Posted by NovaOne
The seats have adjustable extension to provide more thigh support. This part is not tied to the multicontour capability. In fact the adjustment is manual on my car which has the multicontour.
Thanks. Since you have the package how do you find it - would you get it again?
Old 01-06-2021, 08:58 PM

2021 CLA 250
It's one of the most entertaining aspects of this car aside from its dynamic capabilities. The active bolstering when taking corners is very neat and the massage function makes long drives less tiring.
The following users liked this post:
C6Jeff (01-09-2021)
Old 01-06-2021, 09:02 PM

N/A

Edit: do you mean if the seat surface side bolsters are adjustable? If this is your question, the answer is "I don't know".
1. My original question was regarding to the flat portion of the seat under your butt... whether it extends forward to support your legs if you don't have this package.

2. What do you need to pick to get active side bolstering?

Thanks.
Old 01-07-2021, 09:02 AM

2021 CLA 250
Originally Posted by Psychor
1. My original question was regarding to the flat portion of the seat under your butt... whether it extends forward to support your legs if you don't have this package.

2. What do you need to pick to get active side bolstering?

Thanks.
Here's some authoritative information:

https://www.mbusa.com/content/dam/mb...upe_Manual.pdf

If you read on page 93, it describes how the length of the seating surface can be manually adjusted. This is not dependent on the multicontour feature. Page 97 describes the adjustment of the side bolsters on either the backrest or the seating surface, as well as the automatic adjustment feature.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:02 PM

N/A
Here's some authoritative information:

https://www.mbusa.com/content/dam/mb...upe_Manual.pdf

If you read on page 93, it describes how the length of the seating surface can be manually adjusted. This is not dependent on the multicontour feature. Page 97 describes the adjustment of the side bolsters on either the backrest or the seating surface, as well as the automatic adjustment feature.
Thanks!
Old 01-13-2021, 07:37 PM

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts
2018 C63SA Cabriolet
It's one of the most entertaining aspects of this car aside from its dynamic capabilities. The active bolstering when taking corners is very neat and the massage function makes long drives less tiring.
My first AMG was a 2015 CLS63S which had active side bolsters which were indeed one of the most endearing and entertaining features of that car. I've missed it ever since I traded that car in 3 years ago. It's like getting frequent hugs while driving and always brings a smile. The more spiritedly you drive, the more hugs you get which is positive reinforcement to keep driving spiritedly! I've just ordered a 2021 AMG GT53 with active multicontour front seats and can't wait for it to arrive! I wouldn't pass up on that option.