Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Put in an Exhaust Valve Module/Controller?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2021, 01:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2021 GT63s
Anyone Put in an Exhaust Valve Module/Controller?

In searching, it has been briefly described in the past, but wanted to see if anyone else has since installed an exhaust valve module. Specifically looking at the Renntech (controlled via a remote) and the CETE Active-Sound unit (mapped to and controlled by stock exhaust valve toggles).

Curious on what your experiences have been, thanks!
Old 03-02-2021, 07:18 PM

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
2021 CLA 250
I have the Renntech on my GT53. Anything specific you want to know? I am not sure if it is absolutely louder, but maybe a bit louder at low low RPMs. It is convenient to always have the flap open without having to press a button.
Old 03-02-2021, 08:48 PM

2021 GT63s
Gotcha, I wanted to know two things: 1. which one did you get, and 2. what's your experience. You nailed both of those--have some follow up questions though.

How do you like the key fob remote? Do you ever wish you had the valve module mapped to the stock toggles? When you open the flaps, does it remember the setting and persist? Or do you have to open them every time?
Old 03-03-2021, 10:44 AM

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
2021 CLA 250
Hey,

The main purpose of the flap controller, to me, is that it remembers the open/closed settings so I don't have to manually press the switch each time. So, I don't really want the flap controller to be mapped to the vehicle's switch. I pretty much set it to open and then put the remote control in the center console cubbie and never think about it again.

One of the claimed benefits of the Renntech flap controller is that it keeps it 100% open all the time, whereas with the stock switch, it only opens part ways under certain engine conditions even if it is switched on. I am not sure if this is true, or if it is true, what benefit it provides.
Old 03-04-2021, 10:11 AM

2021 GT63s
Got it--very helpful. Great to hear that the valve position persists. I'm assuming install was easy on the renntech unit?