Sponsored by:

Macchiato Beige Versus Standard Seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 06:11 PM

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts
2018 C63SA Cabriolet
Macchiato Beige Versus Standard Seat

Does anyone know if there is a difference in comfort between the standard seat and the Macchiato Beige diamond quilted seat in the AMG GT63? The quilted seat does look more luxurious and plusher but is it actually more comfortable? I'm torn between ordering the Red Pepper and the Macchiato Beige so comfort might make a difference. I love the sportiness of the Red Pepper but also love the luxury and elegance of the quilted monotone beige. Also, is the standard seat very comfortable? I'm ordering the Active Multi-contour seats because I had that on my 2015 CLS63S and loved that option.
The following users liked this post:
IzThAtAsUpRa (05-17-2021)
Old 05-17-2021, 02:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GT63
I am also interested in the answer to this. Used to an S class and looking for the most luxurious seat.

Originally Posted by C6Jeff
Does anyone know if there is a difference in comfort between the standard seat and the Macchiato Beige diamond quilted seat in the AMG GT63? The quilted seat does look more luxurious and plusher but is it actually more comfortable? I'm torn between ordering the Red Pepper and the Macchiato Beige so comfort might make a difference. I love the sportiness of the Red Pepper but also love the luxury and elegance of the quilted monotone beige. Also, is the standard seat very comfortable? I'm ordering the Active Multi-contour seats because I had that on my 2015 CLS63S and loved that option.
Old 05-17-2021, 10:19 AM

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
2021 CLA 250
I have the Saddle Brown "exclusive style" quilted leather. I also have the multi-contour seat option with the air bladders, but I don't think this affects seat comfort when it is not in use.

Comparing between quilted and regular seats, I don't remember any noticeable difference in comfort. The quilts are very shallow and there isn't any more padding. It does have a slightly different "feel" to it, but I don't think it's anything you can feel through, say, two layers of clothing. The leather quality is the same as far as I know, it's only the different color and stitching.

I will say that I primarily got the quilted seats because of 1) I really wanted the brown leather, and 2) the quilted pattern LOOKS so much more luxurious than the normal seats. The GT 4-Door is this unique blend of sporty and luxury, and the quilted seats in either the brown or the cream color really make the interior pop and bring up the "luxury" quotient. Of course, if you are looking to maximize the "sporty" part of the equation, then without a doubt the red interior is the best choice.
The following users liked this post:
TAbraham (05-18-2021)
Old 05-22-2021, 03:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG GT 63
I liked the look of the quilted seats but the main difference was that you couldn’t get the massage function in the quilted seats and I love a good massage. I also wanted the red pepper interior so I decided on the regular seats. The quilted seats may not have the cooler function either if that matters to you. I’m not sure about it though so double check that.
Old 05-23-2021, 10:35 AM

2021 CLA 250
Originally Posted by Nastinupe
I liked the look of the quilted seats but the main difference was that you couldn’t get the massage function in the quilted seats and I love a good massage. I also wanted the red pepper interior so I decided on the regular seats. The quilted seats may not have the cooler function either if that matters to you. I’m not sure about it though so double check that.
Hey,

The quilted seats are available with both multicontour (massage) and ventilated seats packages. My car has these things.

The massage is not as vigorous as a proper massage chair but it is very nice!
Old 05-23-2021, 11:32 AM

2021 CLA 250
Originally Posted by Nastinupe
Hey,

The quilted seats are available with both multicontour (massage) and ventilated seats packages. My car has these things.

The massage is not as vigorous as a proper massage chair but it is very nice!
Old 05-28-2021, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 220 Likes on 156 Posts
2018 Solarbeam Yellow AMG GTS
There is no difference but if your looking for luxury and comfort, the GT is not for you. Move on.

those are two different colors. Pick which ever matches the exterior color
Old 05-29-2021, 01:42 AM

Received 112 Likes on 80 Posts
2007 E350
Originally Posted by thecutter64
There is no difference but if your looking for luxury and comfort, the GT is not for you. Move on.

those are two different colors. Pick which ever matches the exterior color
placed an ordered on the gt63. I fond it very luxurious and comfortable even in sport plus haha. Even the GTR is comfortable for me so I think it depends on the individual and what type of car they had in the past