Active Spoiler Delete on GT63 - Module Testing Needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 11:16 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 CLS 63 S AMG
Active Spoiler Delete on GT63 - Module Testing Needed

Hey all -

I do a lot more reading on these forums than i do posting, but I am neck deep into trying to figure out a module that will clear the error code when converting the active electronic spoiler to a fixed rear wing.

I have a 2019 GT63S that originally came with the active rear spoiler. I purchased and installed a Darwin Pro fixed rear wing. Looks awesome. But now my car has an error message everytime I turn it on... "active rear spoiler disabled." Thanks car, I know. Lol. And my speed is limited to 125mph.

I took the vehicle to a high end tuning shop in my area (Scottsdale, AZ) and they were able to mess with the software coding and get the error message to disappear. Victory, right???? Nope, wrong!!!! Yes the error message was no longer there but now my car wouldn't go over 90mph AND my traction control would not turn off. It was stuck on. There were no error messages in regards to the traction, it just simply would not turn off. It was stuck on. So I took my car back to the tuning shop and they bad it for nearly a week to try and figure out a way to get the error message to disappear while still allowing the car to perform at its full potential. Unfortunately we had no luck. So they flashed it back to factory software settings. Now my error message is back on, the car is limited to 125mph, and my traction control button works as intended.

So... back to square one.

The guys over at Ansix auto have developed an active rear spoiler delete module for the AMG GT two door. But they have not yet developed one for the GT63. I have emailed them a couple times and they seem to be more than willing to develop one. One hiccup tho. They're in the Vancouver BC area and have been unable to get their hands on a GT63 in order to pry into it and get a module developed.

So... I know its a shot in the dark,, but a much needed shot in the dark lol...

Is there anybody on these forums with a GT63 that just happens to live in/around the Vancouver BC area that would be willing to let these guys borrow your car for a few days to get one of these modules developed? I would be more than willing to compensate you for any inconvenience of not having your vehicle for a few days. Maybe I could even pay for a rental car for you. I need this module so bad lol. And I'm sure there are going to be plenty of others who need this module as the cars become more practical/affordable.

Renntech has a module but they wont sell it separately. You have to purchase there ugly $5,000 dollar wing to get the module. I refuse lol.

Sorry for the long post. If anybody is in the Vancouver BC area with a GT63 please help the community out! You would forever be a legend to the fixed wing GT63'ers!
The following users liked this post:
Jslong215 (05-11-2021)
Old 05-11-2021, 09:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GT 63
AMG GT 63 - Need the same Module

I contacted Anxis as well, very nice guys. I too am looking for a spoiler delete module, but in my case I want to retain the current spoiler and just have it stay up in Position 1 all the time. Would be happy to pay several hundred dollars as the car looks 100% better with the spoiler up! Really helps with the look of the car and overly large reared of the otherwise a great looking car!

I will keep looking and post here if I do find a module or a work around .

Old 05-13-2021, 08:19 PM

AMG GT63s
Hey man, I've been looking for the same thing because I plan to add a fixed wing. It would've been my pleasure to go to them with my AMG but I'm on the complete opposite side of Canada (Montreal) lol. Let me know if you find something.
Old 05-31-2021, 12:15 AM

2017 CLS 63 S AMG
Originally Posted by badhabibi
Hey man, I've been looking for the same thing because I plan to add a fixed wing. It would've been my pleasure to go to them with my AMG but I'm on the complete opposite side of Canada (Montreal) lol. Let me know if you find something.

Have you been able to find any type of module for a fixed wing conversion? Im still searching. Ive asked so many people/places
Old 07-13-2021, 05:58 AM

2017 CLS 63 S AMG
Originally Posted by Tim King
Have you been able to find any type of module for a fixed wing conversion? Im still searching. Ive asked so many people/places
Renntech has one... but they won't sell it without purchasing their wing ($5000). So we know something like this is possible. We just need it to happen!

There are GT63's with a fixed wing from factory. Meaning there is proper OEM coding that exists for this car with a fixed wing. Just need to figure out what that coding is. I tried, tried, and tried again to get the coding directly from Mercedes Benz. No luck. They will not release that information.

Old 08-08-2021, 05:58 AM

2017 CLS 63 S AMG
Anybody have any luck with this????

This would be HUGE for these cars.
Old 05-06-2022, 02:36 AM
SPONSOR

Received 143 Likes on 80 Posts
W205 W213
Hello Tim, i have the same issue. I can solve the error message with coding. But i can't solve the speed limitation. Did you solve it ?
Old 05-06-2022, 03:19 AM

2017 CLS 63 S AMG
Renntech now sells the module a-la-carte. Seems like they're the only ones that have the coding igured out at this point
Old 09-25-2022, 03:54 PM

X290 53 GT
This Dutch guy knows how to do it; https://www.mercedesforum.nl/forum/v...=X290#p1068523
Old 03-02-2024, 08:12 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
AMG GT53
Something like this? Curious if anyone has tried it...
https://rjautomotive.net/products/gt...version-delete
Old 03-03-2024, 06:35 AM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 616 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
We code it out and it's free for members
Old 03-03-2024, 12:37 PM

AMG GT53
@BenzNinja Nice! How do you become a member though? I was looking at the site but didn't see any options on pricing or purchasing for that. Saw a few mods I want though.
BenzNinja (03-03-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 07:07 PM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by deadcat
@BenzNinja Nice! How do you become a member though? I was looking at the site but didn't see any options on pricing or purchasing for that. Saw a few mods I want though.
Hey!

you are welcome!

just fill out the form on www.benzninja.com
Old 03-04-2024, 04:40 AM
SPONSOR

Received 88 Likes on 36 Posts
AMG C63 2019 AMG C43 2024 RS7 2016
We have done this 50+ times on many GT63s across the world.

When you remove the wing without coding, you will find the car does not go past 90mph and is limited. We remove this speed limiter and all the displays associated with the active wing along with any errors. You can purchase below, and it includes the device for you to keep + coding

We also have an additional product which can activate race and drift modes on NON S GT63 models.

https://rjautomotive.net/products/dr...3-non-s-models
Old 03-04-2024, 11:23 AM

AMG GT53
Originally Posted by BenzNinja
Hey!

you are welcome!

just fill out the form on www.benzninja.com
Ok, will fill it out and provide what I'm going after to see what can be done.. much appreciated!

Originally Posted by rjautomotive
We have done this 50+ times on many GT63s across the world.

When you remove the wing without coding, you will find the car does not go past 90mph and is limited. We remove this speed limiter and all the displays associated with the active wing along with any errors. You can purchase below, and it includes the device for you to keep + coding

We also have an additional product which can activate race and drift modes on NON S GT63 models.

https://rjautomotive.net/products/dr...3-non-s-models
Thanks RJ, and guessing it works for the GT53 too? I don't think drift mode would be supported though cause the 53's has the mechanical differential w/4MATIC+, but could be wrong - let me know what you think. If it's not supported, would it be cheaper if just race mode was unlocked?
rjautomotive (03-04-2024)
Old 03-04-2024, 12:54 PM
SPONSOR

Received 88 Likes on 36 Posts
AMG C63 2019 AMG C43 2024 RS7 2016
Ok, will fill it out and provide what I'm going after to see what can be done.. much appreciated!

Thanks RJ, and guessing it works for the GT53 too? I don't think drift mode would be supported though cause the 53's has the mechanical differential w/4MATIC+, but could be wrong - let me know what you think. If it's not supported, would it be cheaper if just race mode was unlocked?
It does work on GT53 too, as long as the car has 4MATIC+ and 9G Tronic
Old 03-04-2024, 01:07 PM

AMG GT53
Originally Posted by rjautomotive
It does work on GT53 too, as long as the car has 4MATIC+ and 9G Tronic
Sweet!
Old 03-05-2024, 03:36 PM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Sweet!

Welcome to the BenzNinja Club
Happy to have you as a member

deadcat (03-06-2024)
Old 03-06-2024, 08:31 AM

AMG GT53
Originally Posted by BenzNinja
Welcome to the BenzNinja Club
Happy to have you as a member
Thanks, excited to see how things work out!