Fix check engine light from after market down pipe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2021, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gt 53
Fix check engine light from after market down pipe

2019 gt 53. Previous owner blew up the turbo amd fried a bunch of computer modules with engine tune.
I have replaced everything except the down pipe it’s another 4000.00 for the stock down pipe. The car runs and operates great but I have a check engine light on coming from the second o2 sensor. Is there a way to get past this with out tuning the engine? I am a little scared after what the last tune did to the car……. Is there a “ dummy “ sensor I can plug in or can it be programmed to just accept the downpipe readings? Looking for suggestions if anyone has anything I am all ears. The dealer says the sensor will not affect anything but the engine light is annoying to look at ….
Old 09-02-2021, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 994 Likes on 766 Posts
2003 CL 600
There are spacers that move the sensor further out of the exhaust stream that help in some applications, but I don't know how effective they will be on this car. You can safely tune the car, many people do, I don't see why it would cause damage.
Old 09-02-2021, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gt 53
I am a little hesitant I don’t know much about tuning but the last owner fried three computer modules two wiring harnesses and blew up the turbo. Now running stock software again. I don’t know if I could take the chance no one in my area that I know of tuning these