Sponsored by:

Radar Detector Mount/Setup

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2021, 08:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG GT63
Radar Detector Mount/Setup

Curious to understand if folks have invested in radar detectors and if so, how have you gone about mounting them? Would love to see your setup. I'm very much interested in purchasing one but have found there's very little space around the rearview mirror, which makes mounting a bit of a challenge.

Again, if you guys have invested in a radar detector, please share your setup!
Old 10-27-2021, 06:44 AM

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts
'20 GLS580, '18 S560
Originally Posted by TAbraham
Curious to understand if folks have invested in radar detectors and if so, how have you gone about mounting them? Would love to see your setup. I'm very much interested in purchasing one but have found there's very little space around the rearview mirror, which makes mounting a bit of a challenge.

Again, if you guys have invested in a radar detector, please share your setup!
Are you looking for a remote installed detector setup?
Old 10-27-2021, 10:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG GT63
Originally Posted by madkow70
Are you looking for a remote installed detector setup?
Not sure what that is exactly. I was hoping to purchase a V1 (or comparable radar detector) and have it hardwired/mounted somewhere near the rearview mirror. I've seen various mounts and configuration setups on other cars, but none on GT63. My initial concern is the rearview sits so low on this car. Mounting below the rearview may look awkward and there isn't a whole lot of real estate around it. I'm sure others have done exactly what I'm hoping to do so would love to see what that looks like.

Old 10-27-2021, 10:52 AM

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts
'20 GLS580, '18 S560
Originally Posted by TAbraham
Not sure what that is exactly. I was hoping to purchase a V1 (or comparable radar detector) and have it hardwired/mounted somewhere near the rearview mirror. I've seen various mounts and configuration setups on other cars, but none on GT63. My initial concern is the rearview sits so low on this car. Mounting below the rearview may look awkward and there isn't a whole lot of real estate around it. I'm sure others have done exactly what I'm hoping to do so would love to see what that looks like.
aha. gotcha.
unfortunately, I can't be too much help in that setup. I have Radenso RC-M + ALP Laser jammer (both remote mounted system) in the f/r grille/bumper. a permanent solution and discrete.
The following 2 users liked this post by madkow70:
ph123 (07-15-2022), TAbraham (10-27-2021)
Old 07-15-2022, 05:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
amg gt 63s
Originally Posted by madkow70
aha. gotcha.
unfortunately, I can't be too much help in that setup. I have Radenso RC-M + ALP Laser jammer (both remote mounted system) in the f/r grille/bumper. a permanent solution and discrete.
I have purchased the same system. May I ask how you mounted the ALP heads in the front? Any pics you can share? Thank you