Sponsored by:

2023 AMG GT63C4 Order

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2022, 08:26 PM

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
AMG GT 63
Lightbulb 2023 AMG GT63C4 Order

So I have read a lot of differing information on this forum and I just want to receive and hopefully give a little clarity.

So on 11/12/22 I went in to my local MB dealer to have service done on my GLS, while I was waiting in the lobby for my loaner; I walked into the sales room and met with my old SA and asked if they had any allocation or slots to order a 23 AMG GT63C4. Fortunately they did, with no over MSRP. All they asked is that I do a PPF with them for the front clip and doors, as well as an interior package for 5 years of warranty toward tears and such. I wasn't asked to put anything down, all I did was sign an agreement on the vehicle and get a spec print out. My SA informed me he would be in touch with me throughout the process, he's anticipating a build month of March with an enclosed delivery month of May.

So that was my ordering experience, obviously I am only 8 days into my wait but I am very excited as it will be my first 63.

Few questions I had were:

If you've ordered a 23GT63'

Did you have to commit to over MSRP?

How long did it take to get your vin and Netstar screenshot?

Was the preliminary timeline pretty accurate?

Did you have to put any funds down? I felt it was weird I wasn't asked to and im wondering if I should volunteer some funds to hold my spot.

I'll add my spec sheet below, it still shows the 7,777,777.00 cause the official pricing had not been released at the time of the order. Yes, I saw on the DOG sheet its listed at $149200 but I dont think its set in stone yet as I havent seen a order sheet yet with an MSRP on it, or a accurate one actually.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
GT63 May Build .pdf (1.19 MB, 48 views)
Old 11-21-2022, 02:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
M6 Gran Coupe
Originally Posted by AMGstar305
So I have read a lot of differing information on this forum and I just want to receive and hopefully give a little clarity.

So on 11/12/22 I went in to my local MB dealer to have service done on my GLS, while I was waiting in the lobby for my loaner; I walked into the sales room and met with my old SA and asked if they had any allocation or slots to order a 23 AMG GT63C4. Fortunately they did, with no over MSRP. All they asked is that I do a PPF with them for the front clip and doors, as well as an interior package for 5 years of warranty toward tears and such. I wasn't asked to put anything down, all I did was sign an agreement on the vehicle and get a spec print out. My SA informed me he would be in touch with me throughout the process, he's anticipating a build month of March with an enclosed delivery month of May.

So that was my ordering experience, obviously I am only 8 days into my wait but I am very excited as it will be my first 63.

Did you have to put any funds down? I felt it was weird I wasn't asked to and im wondering if I should volunteer some funds to hold my spot.

I'll add my spec sheet below, it still shows the 7,777,777.00 cause the official pricing had not been released at the time of the order. Yes, I saw on the DOG sheet its listed at $149200 but I dont think its set in stone yet as I havent seen a order sheet yet with an MSRP on it, or a accurate one actually.
I mean.....you aren't paying a markup "technically" but you really are since you need to buy this and that from them (which basically is all overpriced crap). Maybe tell them that there won't be many people coming in with interest rates as they are to buy a $170k car and then see what they say. Tables are turning on these dealers....they are no longer in a position of power. I would not pay a dollar over MSRP, no required add-ons, etc.
Old 11-21-2022, 12:21 PM

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts
2023 AMG GT 63 S, 2020 F8 Tributo
Originally Posted by AMGstar305

Ordered and allocated a AMG GT 63s in August, production date is 11/30. Sold at MSRP with 5K down, most of the other dealers in town were asking anywhere from 50K-15K over MSRP- crazy yes! These cars are overpriced and depreciate like rocks… However after driving all the comparable competition (RS7, M850, M8 Competition….etc) I liked the Benz the best and decided to pay the Mercedes ransom, and Mercedes perceives it’s competition for this car is the Porsche Panamera which is also overpriced.

The order is placed in Netstar immediately and should also be available right away, my salesman has told me that the VIN is not assigned until production actually begins.

Last edited by Dicecal; 11-21-2022 at 12:24 PM.
Old 11-21-2022, 02:47 PM

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
AMG GT 63
Nice, thanks for the info. I actually emailed my SA today about the Aero package, and asked for a po. I am thinking about throwing a small 2500 at the dealer in the next few weeks.