Sponsored by:

LIMP MODE UNDER HARD ACCELERATION ON 2022 GT43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2023, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2022 GT 43 AMG
Question LIMP MODE UNDER HARD ACCELERATION ON 2022 GT43

Hey, recently I got my 2022 GT43 AMG tuned, this was an ECU tune and I absolutely love it. Makes the car way faster and sounds amazing but when I accelerate i would say usually going up hill very fast the car gives off signs such as "active lane keeping assist inoperative" and "traction mode inoperative" and a few others, the car then loses power and I can't accelerate(no check engine light). Once I pullover and turn off the car and turn it back on the car is then good to go and I can then accelerate no problem. Is there a fix? I read somewhere else on the forums where a simple accelerator pedal sensor fixed it for some on older Mercedes, I'm not sure if I should start there, or go back to stock. Is anyone here familiar with this issue?
Old 01-16-2023, 06:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2021 AMG GT 43
Same issue

I had the exact same issue, Your car has a check engine but it is hidden, try checking if there is a code with an obd scanner. Mine was a p0087 fuel rail issue which either means there is a problem with your tune or your high pressure fuel pump went bad. I got the tune redone and it fixed the problem. If it was a custom tune contact your tuner immediately, it could damage your engine if ran for too long
Old 01-16-2023, 09:49 PM

2022 GT 43 AMG
Originally Posted by medneedsmeds
I had the exact same issue, Your car has a check engine but it is hidden, try checking if there is a code with an obd scanner. Mine was a p0087 fuel rail issue which either means there is a problem with your tune or your high pressure fuel pump went bad. I got the tune redone and it fixed the problem. If it was a custom tune contact your tuner immediately, it could damage your engine if ran for too long
Wow. Thank you for this. Did you also have a GT43 or what car did you have this tune on? What tune company did you got with? I’m being told to just go back to stock, which is a bummer but better than the engine getting ruined.
Old 01-16-2023, 09:52 PM

2021 AMG GT 43
I have a 2021 GT 43 with a custom dyno tune from West-Tuned in Massachusetts. Where is your tune from? There is no risk in keeping it tuned until you have to get a warranty issue done, for that I just revert back to my stock tune and re tune after
Old 01-16-2023, 10:38 PM

2022 GT 43 AMG
I have a 2021 GT 43 with a custom dyno tune from West-Tuned in Massachusetts. Where is your tune from? There is no risk in keeping it tuned until you have to get a warranty issue done, for that I just revert back to my stock tune and re tune after
I have a 2022 gt43 tuned from DME tuning. I contacted them last week and they said they aren’t sure because they don’t know about the code coming up, so I’m wondering if I can send them your code and they’ll be able to fix it? Otherwise they told me to go back to stock and if I do I’ll be searching for another tune company to do it for me. Do you have downpipes also?
Old 05-26-2023, 07:13 PM

2022 GT 43 AMG
hey man been a couple of months I removed my tune and can’t rely find another reliable one. Do you have any recommendations? Also do you run a down pipe or regular pipes for ur tune?
Old 06-12-2023, 01:43 PM

2021 AMG GT 43
Yeah I have a Catless Downpipe, and a custom Dyno tune, depending on where you are located, you might be able to find a good dyno tuner in your area