Mercedes AMG GT 43 Mild Hibrid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2023, 04:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
None
Mercedes AMG GT 43 Mild Hibrid

Hey guys,

I’m planning to buy a Mercedes AMG GT 43 Mild Hibrid for daily drive. I have a ML 320 SUV at the moment, I’m looking for a sportier car that consumes less fuel than my ML 320. My questions is to those who own one at the moment.

Does the mild hibrid system really helps to save fuel? Is it worth buying?

Thank you for your answery!
Old 06-29-2023, 07:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,520 Likes on 2,143 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Szabos
Hey guys,

I’m planning to buy a Mercedes AMG GT 43 Mild Hibrid for daily drive. I have a ML 320 SUV at the moment, I’m looking for a sportier car that consumes less fuel than my ML 320. My questions is to those who own one at the moment.

Does the mild hibrid system really helps to save fuel? Is it worth buying?

Thank you for your answery!
Well, you are comparing a family SUV to a performance oriented vehicle, Going from a SUV to a four door sedan alone is quite a chance. To answer your question, the mild hybrid system does help save fuel as it allow the car too coast to a stop and when you are in slippery mode or reduced engine mode, it will coast with engine completely off. That said, you could had achieved the same yet even less fuel consumption in an E-Class E 450 facelift, I believe the GT 43 is more expensive than that car, you could also consider a CLS 450 perhaps. That said, if you are set on the GT 43, you can't go wrong I think.
The following users liked this post:
Szabos (06-30-2023)
Old 06-30-2023, 05:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
None
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Well, you are comparing a family SUV to a performance oriented vehicle, Going from a SUV to a four door sedan alone is quite a chance. To answer your question, the mild hybrid system does help save fuel as it allow the car too coast to a stop and when you are in slippery mode or reduced engine mode, it will coast with engine completely off. That said, you could had achieved the same yet even less fuel consumption in an E-Class E 450 facelift, I believe the GT 43 is more expensive than that car, you could also consider a CLS 450 perhaps. That said, if you are set on the GT 43, you can't go wrong I think.
Oh I didn’t know it have reduced engine mode, I didn’t see it in any videos but that’s good news. I love the way GT43 looks that’s why I want to buy it.
Old 06-30-2023, 07:22 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,520 Likes on 2,143 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Szabos
Oh I didn’t know it have reduced engine mode, I didn’t see it in any videos but that’s good news. I love the way GT43 looks that’s why I want to buy it.
It is in individual settings, set engine to reduce and then leave eco on and it will coast at speeds and engine will be completely turn off, on cars without the 48V mild hybrid system, engine speeds goes to idle instead.

Sounds good, most likely you will enjoy the GT 43, good choice although I am biased with anything with 43 in the name : )
The following users liked this post:
Szabos (06-30-2023)