Sponsored by:

Considerations before buying an X290 AMG GT 63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2024, 02:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Considerations before buying an X290 AMG GT 63

Hello everyone! I hope this hasn't been asked already but I'm coming from a C63S coupe and am in the market to buy an X290 AMG GT 63.. probably not an S due to price and because the only difference is the tune if optioned correctly.

How is the car reliability wise? I've seen a lot of rear main seal leaks in the E63S. I'm wondering if there's anything like that to be aware of before purchasing one.

Also, I'm having a hard time distinguishing what the aero pack gets you... is it something I can buy after the fact and put on?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-26-2024, 11:01 PM

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts
21GT634DR, 17C63s, 08GL450
Originally Posted by CameronCali
Hello everyone! I hope this hasn't been asked already but I'm coming from a C63S coupe and am in the market to buy an X290 AMG GT 63.. probably not an S due to price and because the only difference is the tune if optioned correctly.

How is the car reliability wise? I've seen a lot of rear main seal leaks in the E63S. I'm wondering if there's anything like that to be aware of before purchasing one.

Also, I'm having a hard time distinguishing what the aero pack gets you... is it something I can buy after the fact and put on?

Thanks in advance
I have both. 2017 C63s and 2021 GT63 and both are very different. C is pure fun. GT is class and serious stuff. I had some electronic issues mostly because I haven’t driven much . It’s a great car and I have carbon fiber package with fixed spoiler and love the looks. I went with non s as well and got renntech tune. Can’t be happier. I got fully loaded non s.
The following users liked this post:
CameronCali (01-27-2024)
Old 01-27-2024, 02:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Very cool. Any idea if a car seat will fit in the back of the GT? I have to give up my C63s because its a coupe...
Old 01-27-2024, 09:07 AM

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts
21GT634DR, 17C63s, 08GL450
Originally Posted by CameronCali
Very cool. Any idea if a car seat will fit in the back of the GT? I have to give up my C63s because its a coupe...
got 3 kids and one in car seat. It fits. Shouldn’t be a problem.
The following users liked this post:
CameronCali (01-30-2024)
Old 02-14-2024, 07:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG GT63
I have a fully loaded 2023 GT63 and it's definitely a fun car to drive but does have it's quirks. I too have run into several electronic/software issues which isn't the end of the world but it's definitely an inconvenience. Something I noticed offhand was the short longevity of the brakes since someone else mentioned it in the forums and my service rep talking about 2-3 other owners having to replace already (2023 models too); cost is around $15K for all 4 (pads and rotors). The backseat is very spacious and can easily fit car seats, however it's not ideal if you're 6' or taller since your head can hit the roofline. Regarding the aero package, it comes with the fixed wing, front flicks, and I think more aggressive rear diffuser; personally I like it more with the aero package. They're not simple bolt ons so I recommend you find a car with it already or just go aftermarket