M156 UPD Intake Spacer Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 08:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,587 Likes on 935 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by PACougar
Perhaps you should call Dynojet and let them know you've found a flaw in their software.
There's no need to defensive. This is math provided by people helping you.

I'm simply asking a question about the variance.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
1000Hp Diesel Trucks, 2019 E63s
Originally Posted by Jasonoff
There's no need to defensive. This is math provided by people helping you.

I'm simply asking a question about the variance.
No defense going on here. I've been telling you we have no control over what you see, it's all done in the software. If you believe there's an issue with the corrected numbers, then you need to give Dynojet a call.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
No defense going on here. I've been telling you we have no control over what you see, it's all done in the software. If you believe there's an issue with the corrected numbers, then you need to give Dynojet a call.
the dynojet where I go using the main file that was pulled in the software you can put on the printed dyno sheet all the information people are asking for.not sure if you missed my dyno but here is a close up of what I'm talking about.i t has the time stamp and all conditions of each run to compare apples to Apples

Old 08-23-2016, 11:44 AM

Received 205 Likes on 146 Posts
C63 amg Custom 67 Camaro GLK 350 4matic 2017 AMG GTS
Perhaps you should call Dynojet and let them know you've found a flaw in their software.

I have used Dyojets for roughly 200+ pulls on different cars throughout my time in tuning cars for myself and friends and watching pros do it for years. The fact that you can manipulate it from run to run to make it read whatever you want is well known.

DynoJet is by far the hardest to manipulate FROM the dyno control itself. HOWEVER, if you take a dyno run file and alter it after the pass is made you can make it give any number you want.

You can open the file in notepad and correct it, or change the numbers and save it to a file likeWinPEP and you have this "awesome gain" of some companies new header, exhaust, tuning, etc.. and tons of people will buy it.
Some links to show how you can fix a dyno result.

http://www.superstreetbike.com/how-t...ts-mythbusters

http://www.pencilgeek.org/2009/09/ex...s-how-the.html

http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...th-to-5th-gear

Moral of the story is, there is no way someone with a brain is going to look at a spacer and see these phony dyno results (allegedly) and not have some questions. A spacer is just not going to add power. There is no blockage in which this spacer is an added benefit.
And the fact that you're trying to argue a point that you cannot change a curve or number to make it show what you want on a dynojet is ludicrous.

Last edited by Mazspeed; 08-23-2016 at 11:48 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mazspeed:
BLKROKT (08-23-2016), Diabolis (08-25-2016)
Old 08-23-2016, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Mazspeed
I have used Dyojets for roughly 200+ pulls on different cars throughout my time in tuning cars for myself and friends and watching pros do it for years. The fact that you can manipulate it from run to run to make it read whatever you want is well known.

DynoJet is by far the hardest to manipulate FROM the dyno control itself. HOWEVER, if you take a dyno run file and alter it after the pass is made you can make it give any number you want.

You can open the file in notepad and correct it, or change the numbers and save it to a file likeWinPEP and you have this "awesome gain" of some companies new header, exhaust, tuning, etc.. and tons of people will buy it.
Some links to show how you can fix a dyno result.

http://www.superstreetbike.com/how-t...ts-mythbusters

http://www.pencilgeek.org/2009/09/ex...s-how-the.html

http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...th-to-5th-gear

How to fake dyno numbers - YouTube

Moral of the story is, there is no way someone with a brain is going to look at a spacer and see these phony dyno results (allegedly) and not have some questions. A spacer is just not going to add power. There is no blockage in which this spacer is an added benefit.
And the fact that you're trying to argue a point that you cannot change a curve or number to make it show what you want on a dynojet is ludicrous.
You truly have no idea what you're talking about, but please continue.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:08 PM

You truly have no idea what you're talking about, but please continue.

Really? How so. Please explain.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Really? How so. Please explain.
For one the results were not manipulated in any way. Two customer were at the dyno watching the pulls be ran and the graphs pop up afterwards. You obviously have decided you know what happened, I'm both a liar and have no ethics. Next time you're in the Austin, Tx area, please feel free to stop by and look over our setup. I'm sure we can use you're expertise in Dyno operations.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:39 PM

For one the results were not manipulated in any way. Two customer were at the dyno watching the pulls be ran and the graphs pop up afterwards. You obviously have decided you know what happened, I'm both a liar and have no ethics. Next time you're in the Austin, Tx area, please feel free to stop by and look over our setup. I'm sure we can use you're expertise in Dyno operations.

I never said YOU manipulated the results.
I never decided nor implied that you are a liar and have no ethics.
You knowing full well by my profile that I am no were near Texas and the chances of coming by your shop are slim and none.

The fact of my comments were that you CAN make a dyno read anything you want by simple factors was what I was trying to make, but you took them as a shot at you and wild assumptions on things I didn't say.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by skratch77
it does exactly what the spacer kit does.it raises the air filters an in and gets rid of the blockage from the front where the air comes in.
What blockage? Can you elaborate?
Old 08-23-2016, 12:54 PM

After seeing how many of you act, I can certainly understand why many shops don't bother posting data on the forum.
Which shops are these? Just curious, that's all.
The problem here is that in the last 2 weeks, we have seen someone claim that Royal Purple will drop oil temps 30 degrees and someone else selling a $29.99 can of octane booster that he promised would up HP on our NA engines about 30hp and had dyno graphs to elaborate his point as well.

Now we know those were complete garbage and outright lies. And when we get bombarded with wild claims with dyno sheets and silly reasons as why their stuff will make tons more power by using their products, you understand our skepticism right?
The US marketing system has all kinds of products that lie and don't do anything they say from car parts, to ***** pills and all kinds of things in between on a daily basis.
You understand an educated car forum like this will have questions from it's members.
So you can't blame us when someone else comes with a spacer for a air filter box and claims 20+HP across the board and sells them for $450 or whatever he is and we cry foul.
The following users liked this post:
BLKROKT (08-23-2016)
Old 08-23-2016, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I never said YOU manipulated the results.
I never decided nor implied that you are a liar and have no ethics.
You knowing full well by my profile that I am no were near Texas and the chances of coming by your shop are slim and none.

The fact of my comments were that you CAN make a dyno read anything you want by simple factors was what I was trying to make, but you took them as a shot at you and wild assumptions on things I didn't say.
Here's a quote from you "Moral of the story is, there is no way someone with a brain is going to look at a spacer and see these phony dyno results (allegedly) and not have some questions."

So it wasn't you that said these dyno results are phony (allegedly)?

You also posted about manipulating dyno results, what was the purpose of that in this thread?
Old 08-23-2016, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Which shops are these? Just curious, that's all.
The problem here is that in the last 2 weeks, we have seen someone claim that Royal Purple will drop oil temps 30 degrees and someone else selling a $29.99 can of octane booster that he promised would up HP on our NA engines about 30hp and had dyno graphs to elaborate his point as well.

Now we know those were complete garbage and outright lies. And when we get bombarded with wild claims with dyno sheets and silly reasons as why their stuff will make tons more power by using their products, you understand our skepticism right?
The US marketing system has all kinds of products that lie and don't do anything they say from car parts, to ***** pills and all kinds of things in between on a daily basis.
You understand an educated car forum like this will have questions from it's members.
So you can't blame us when someone else comes with a spacer for a air filter box and claims 20+HP across the board and sells them for $450 or whatever he is and we cry foul.
I understand the skepticism. I'm not trying to convince anyone to buy this setup, I am however providing exactly what we found when we tested it. As we dyno more of them, I'll gladly put that up as well. On this particular car, with it's particular mods, this is what happened.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:30 PM

Here's a quote from you "Moral of the story is, there is no way someone with a brain is going to look at a spacer and see these phony dyno results (allegedly) and not have some questions."

So it wasn't you that said these dyno results are phony (allegedly)?

You also posted about manipulating dyno results, what was the purpose of that in this thread?

Fair enough. I should have said "in my mind totally inaccurate dyno results".
Old 08-23-2016, 01:36 PM

I understand the skepticism. I'm not trying to convince anyone to buy this setup, I am however providing exactly what we found when we tested it. As we dyno more of them, I'll gladly put that up as well. On this particular car, with it's particular mods, this is what happened.
Ok, but here is what I am willing to do. I would be willing to get a set of these provided by whoever sells them and do a video dyno session that I will pay for at any dyno place in the San Jose bar area. I will pay for all the dyno sessions.
I will also buy the spacer if it is deemed a success or gain of any kind across the board on the dyno.

I can film the entire session and post all the results and do that on my own. I would do it within the timeline of what was asked of me.

I think that would be fair and I would invite as many forum members to this as possible so that they can see the entire thing as well.

Would anyone who is selling this product object to this?
Old 08-23-2016, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ok, but here is what I am willing to do. I would be willing to get a set of these provided by whoever sells them and do a video dyno session that I will pay for at any dyno place in the San Jose bar area. I will pay for all the dyno sessions.
I will also buy the spacer if it is deemed a success or gain of any kind across the board on the dyno.

I can film the entire session and post all the results and do that on my own. I would do it within the timeline of what was asked of me.

I think that would be fair and I would invite as many forum members to this as possible so that they can see the entire thing as well.

Would anyone who is selling this product object to this?
I certainly don't object. Of course I wouldn't object to anyone spending there money how they see fit. Just to be clear, I don't make these, but please, buy a set and test away.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:49 PM

I certainly don't object. Of course I wouldn't object to anyone spending there money how they see fit. Just to be clear, I don't make these, but please, buy a set and test away.
Well in all fairness, you did say that YOUR dyno results were a positive gain for this spacer between 15-30hp across the board.
For a $400 dollar item that had those kinds of results, would that not be a fit way to spend one's money for such fantastic gains?
Old 08-23-2016, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well in all fairness, you did say that YOUR dyno results were a positive gain for this spacer between 15-30hp across the board.
For a $400 dollar item that had those kinds of results, would that not be a fit way to spend one's money for such fantastic gains?
If you can go ahead and quote the post where I said that, it would be great. My memory must be failing me. Last I knew I just provided some dyno data from before and after runs. Again, this is what that particular car did and the only change was adding the spacers and new filters that came with them. Clearly based on the results for that owner it was a terrific way to spend his money.
Old 08-23-2016, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by shardul
Pre and post intake kit dyno done today by EC ATX
Pre install was ROW boxes and filters
+31 WTQ is available @ 3,200RPM
20 WHP close to WOT

PACougar It's our dyno and we did it back to back. Same day 30 mins apart. Zero, zero changes besides the filter/spacer setup. The baseline run was with a Eurocharged Tune, Long Tubes, ROW Boxes, and AFE filters. I'd like to mention, I've never seen anyone eat a sneaker before

3 posts later on the first page you said this was your dyno.
Old 08-23-2016, 02:03 PM

By the way, are you from Eurocharged, and is this Eurocharged dynos?
Old 08-23-2016, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lol, you quoted someone else. Even in the post you quoted, all it says are facts.
Old 08-23-2016, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

By the way, are you from Eurocharged, and is this Eurocharged dynos?
I own the Eurocharged location in Round Rock, Tx.

Lol, you quoted someone else. Even in the post you quoted, all it says are facts.

Yes true, but you posted 3 posts later that this WAS your dyno. Not correct?

According to that dyno run, the gains are 15-30 across the board.

I own the Eurocharged location in Round Rock, Tx.
Ok, just curious.
Old 08-23-2016, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes true, but you posted 3 posts later that this WAS your dyno. Not correct?
Yes, I'm not sure how that was in question? This is the last time I'm going to post about this. These are the results from a back to back dyno test with the only change being the spacer/filter setup. Those are facts, not open to interpretation. If you believe the gains were due to pixie dust, you're more than welcome to believe that.

Last edited by PACougar; 08-23-2016 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-23-2016, 02:10 PM

Yes, I'm not sure how that was in question?

Because you asked me to post where you said the gains are 15-30hp, then I showed you the graph someone else posted, then you said those were at your shop and your dyno.

Does this not pretty much say you agree with the finding according to you that this spacer has those kinds of gains.

I never said I had to quote you, just reiterated what you agreed with when someone else posted it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M156 UPD Intake Spacer Review