Sponsored by:

AMG DRIVERS PACKAGE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi S5
AMG DRIVERS PACKAGE

Hi There, Looking for a bit of advice...
I'm about to buy a C43 coupe. I don't have the time to have one built to my liking so I have to buy what's available. I have two cars that I'm looking at...one is almost perfect but doesn't have the AMG drivers package....would that be a deal breaker for most of you?
I can get one with the drivers package but it doesn't have leather or the exact paint I was looking for.
I feel like the performance tires and performance exhaust are a must on this car...am I right?!
Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 04-29-2017, 07:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C43 AMG
AMG drivers package was a must for me. This was a big purchase for me so I made sure I got what i wanted.

Steering wheel, 19 inch wheels and performance tire, Exhaust and calipers have AMG printed on it and I noticed the drilled holes on the disc brakes even bigger
Old 04-29-2017, 07:24 PM

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
What country are you in?
Old 04-29-2017, 07:53 PM

Audi S5
Originally Posted by unr1
What country are you in?
I'm in Canada....Toronto

Coming from an Audi S5...I was a bit surprised that performance tires weren't standard on this car...seems like a must!
Old 04-29-2017, 08:19 PM

Is the MB Canada website builder down for you too?

http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/content/...ator_w205.html

Anyway, what's the drivers package? Sorry, in the US the packages are named differently sometimes
Old 04-29-2017, 10:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Lexus IS350; BMW 330i
The driver's package was a must for me. For me I think of it like this, It is like a home movie theatre with a 100" screen 1080P projector, comfortable seats, 7 speaker sound system w/ or with out the 1000w sub woofer. The subwoofer connects everything together to make the movie experience. The performance exhaust is the same for the AMG. With out it you are missing something.

Ended up "settling" for polar white with the night package to get the performance exhaust... love it now. The only other must for me was the dark ash open pore trim. Started out wanting the brilliant blue but the polar white with the night package and two-tone rims by far is my favourite now. My build also came with the cranberry leather seats which I was not sure of coming from an Lexus IS350 with red interior. I was worried that, Like the IS350, I would get tired of it but everyday I like it more. So well put together. Awesome Car, great build couldn't be happier!

Don't be afraid to expand your dealership location to expand your build options as well. Good luck!
Old 04-29-2017, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 132 Likes on 116 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
Are these two cars local? Is your dealer not giving you the option to shop from other dealers in Canada?

I also didn't have time to build a car but I found the exact one I wanted in California and had the dealer ship it in for free. Had the car I would have otherwise built delivered to me in 4 days with 8 miles on the odo

And the PE is a must for sure! I was only aware of the transmission change so I chose not to wait for the 43(order guide was not available for another 6mos). Had I known about the PE option, I would have waited the 6 months just for that!
Old 04-30-2017, 12:06 AM

Audi S5
Originally Posted by sean1.8t
Are these two cars local? Is your dealer not giving you the option to shop from other dealers in Canada?

I also didn't have time to build a car but I found the exact one I wanted in California and had the dealer ship it in for free. Had the car I would have otherwise built delivered to me in 4 days with 8 miles on the odo

And the PE is a must for sure! I was only aware of the transmission change so I chose not to wait for the 43(order guide was not available for another 6mos). Had I known about the PE option, I would have waited the 6 months just for that!
Yeah...I was guessing that the PE was a must!
The two cars I'm looking at are local... I think there is one that's perfect for me available 2 hours away but the dealer has told me that they only have access to local cars (at a few dealerships)...I'm getting a great deal at this place so I'd like to give them the business but might have to make a two hour trip to get the car I want!!
Old 04-30-2017, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 132 Likes on 116 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
Originally Posted by TDOTDAN
Yeah...I was guessing that the PE was a must!
The two cars I'm looking at are local... I think there is one that's perfect for me available 2 hours away but the dealer has told me that they only have access to local cars (at a few dealerships)...I'm getting a great deal at this place so I'd like to give them the business but might have to make a two hour trip to get the car I want!!
They're holding out on you. It's a simple dealer trade. It's not something they prefer as they like to sell the vehicles that are on their lot, but it's something they can do. And if that is what it takes to make the customer happy, then that the route they should offer you. Go in there tomorrow with your chest puffed up and tell THEM how it's going to be
Old 04-30-2017, 07:44 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 C350 Coupe
I'm considering trading in my 2013 c350 coupe for a c43 coupe just for the exhaust... I haven't driven one yet, because I might just pull the trigger.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:24 PM

2015 Macan S; 1996 911 C4S
Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I'm considering trading in my 2013 c350 coupe for a c43 coupe just for the exhaust... I haven't driven one yet, because I might just pull the trigger.
If you like your current car (which I feel is one of the most handsome models out there), I'd be tempted to put an aftermarket exhaust on it and save a bundle of money.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:18 PM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
A Benz and a BMW
Hi There, Looking for a bit of advice...
I'm about to buy a C43 coupe. I don't have the time to have one built to my liking so I have to buy what's available. I have two cars that I'm looking at...one is almost perfect but doesn't have the AMG drivers package....would that be a deal breaker for most of you?
I can get one with the drivers package but it doesn't have leather or the exact paint I was looking for.
I feel like the performance tires and performance exhaust are a must on this car...am I right?!
Thanks in advance for your help!
Hey, fellow GTA'er as well bud.
I really developed interest in the c43 coupe about 4 weeks before the preorders and dealer orders landed in Canada. The one I picked off the boat didn't have the AMG driver's package because I wasn't convinced it would be worth it. After about 2 weeks of debating, I changed up my order to another trim mainly for the AMG driver's package. Was it worth it? Yeah, to be honest it was worth it based on my driving preferences. I like having a set of summer performance tires as opposed to all seasons. I knew I would have to get winters anyway so I might as well get solid summers. I think 18 inch rims look a little small on this car so the 19 inch upgrade was nice. The flat bottom AMG wheel feels excellent. Not going to comment on the exhaust note - I love being able to turn it off and not sound super obnoxious in have traffic. In short, the only thing I wouldn't sacrifice for the AMG driver's package is the premium package which offers a ton of convenience. Everything else is secondary to the AMG drivers package for me.
The following users liked this post:
Dr.b (05-25-2017)
Old 04-30-2017, 03:27 PM

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
2020 C43 sedan(hers), 2021 Porsche 992 TurboS(his)
Yep, driver's package is totally worth it!! If you are even thinking about it, then get it!

A MB dealer should be able to draw or trade from any MB dealer in Ontario.

Ask them to check availability. Any pushback is just an excuse for laziness or poor customer service.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:31 PM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Polar White C43 Sedan
I wouldn't want the car without the PE.
Old 05-01-2017, 02:48 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2017 AMG C43
Once selecting the C43 after considering other vehicles, I had a bit of flexibility with options other than 2 colors I didn't want and with only 3 options I required

My required options were Premium 3 Package, Leather Seats & 19' Rims

There are not a zillion of these C43s out there, so even though I had quite a bit of flexibility, my dealer needed to locate my vehicle from another state

I am very happy with the vehicle I took delivery of !

As part of the negotiation when working the numbers, I gave the dealer a hard time about the $1,250 Performance Exhaust (and the $1,650 Carbon Fiber Spoiler/Mirror Package)

My argument was that I didn't need the CF and thought it was ridiculous to pay $1,250 for what amounted to a "switch" that made "noise" as a guy over 50 years old

In the end, the vehicle that made the most sense for me and was available had the options and I committed to it once we were able to get the numbers right

Now that I have, I can tell you that the Performance Exhaust is truly the "Icing on the Cake"... I absolutely love it and am very happy it was included on the vehicle I selected

Although my driving mode selection is something like:

0% Econo
0% Individual (this may change once I take the time to actually look into it)
85% Comfort (I do a lot of highway driving)
10% Sport
5% Sport+

It's very clear the Performance Exhaust was worth the money

We bought these cars for a reason

Even though I drive relatively conservatively 85% of the time, when I get that itch to let loose a bit, having the PE fired up in Sport+ (as another poster stated so well), is like turning up the sub-woofer in your surround sound system in the man cave... you will be glad you spent the money

Go for it, you won't regret it !!

Edit: More and more, I actually find myself turning on the PE even in Comfort/Sport for a few minutes when the mood hits me!!

Edit: I also really like the contrast the CF provides against the Polar White vehicle exterior, albeit too expensive in my opinion

Last edited by Jimmy C43; 05-01-2017 at 03:00 AM.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:23 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 C350 Coupe
Originally Posted by keninblaine
If you like your current car (which I feel is one of the most handsome models out there), I'd be tempted to put an aftermarket exhaust on it and save a bundle of money.

Well, a couple things. My 'toy' is a very loud Trans Am, that makes just shy of 900hp at the wheels, and is quite loud.

So with the Mercedes, it's my daily driver, my date night car, my distance cruiser, so I don't want to put an exhaust on it that I can't 'tone down'. I did pick up an xpipe to replace the resonator, so maybe that will keep me happy for a year or two.

I like that you can turn it on and off.
Old 05-01-2017, 02:39 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Ultimately, get what you want and don't settle. The regular exhaust sounds really nice as well and definitely a step up from my C400, but the PE is hilariously loud at some spots, especially around 4000rpm, gives my Z06 a run for its money!
Old 05-01-2017, 03:24 PM

Audi S5
Thanks for all the great advice! There seems to be very limited availability of the coupe in my area...maybe because they're getting ready to order the 2018s

From what you guys are saying...the driver's package is a must....looks like I'll have to sacrifice leather to get it but...small price to pay I guess!

I'm sure that artico/dinamica interior can't be all bad!!
Old 05-01-2017, 03:38 PM

Thanks for all the great advice! There seems to be very limited availability of the coupe in my area...maybe because they're getting ready to order the 2018s

From what you guys are saying...the driver's package is a must....looks like I'll have to sacrifice leather to get it but...small price to pay I guess!

I'm sure that artico/dinamica interior can't be all bad!!
Those are the seats I have in my C43.

No sacrifice over leather IMO!
Old 05-02-2017, 03:02 PM

None
Sorry to hijack but quick question on the aritco/dinamica interior, does it only come in black with red stitching? I didn't get leather seats on my coupe but I think it came with leather (with white stitching). Not that I'm complaining but just wondering how could they have made such kind of mistake?
Old 05-02-2017, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by stolenfire
Sorry to hijack but quick question on the aritco/dinamica interior, does it only come in black with red stitching? I didn't get leather seats on my coupe but I think it came with leather (with white stitching). Not that I'm complaining but just wondering how could they have made such kind of mistake?
Yes, and not a mistake IMO.
Old 05-03-2017, 12:52 AM

2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8GT 6MT
Originally Posted by triggerhappy
The driver's package was a must for me. For me I think of it like this, It is like a home movie theatre with a 100" screen 1080P projector, comfortable seats, 7 speaker sound system w/ or with out the 1000w sub woofer. The subwoofer connects everything together to make the movie experience. The performance exhaust is the same for the AMG. With out it you are missing something.

Ended up "settling" for polar white with the night package to get the performance exhaust... love it now. The only other must for me was the dark ash open pore trim. Started out wanting the brilliant blue but the polar white with the night package and two-tone rims by far is my favourite now. My build also came with the cranberry leather seats which I was not sure of coming from an Lexus IS350 with red interior. I was worried that, Like the IS350, I would get tired of it but everyday I like it more. So well put together. Awesome Car, great build couldn't be happier!

Don't be afraid to expand your dealership location to expand your build options as well. Good luck!
saw the cranberry red leather today at the dealer, only on a black C300 and it looked awesome. really, really like those red seats. my favourite exteriour colour is probably the brilliant blue but polar white comes in second and those red seats look awesome on the white. (and not at all on the blue... can't picture it and no one built the car like that before lol)

feel free to share some pics, man!
Old 05-03-2017, 01:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C43 AMG

My 2017 with cf and cranberry leather
The following users liked this post:
unr1 (05-03-2017)
Old 05-03-2017, 07:49 AM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
A Benz and a BMW
Originally Posted by matteo882
saw the cranberry red leather today at the dealer, only on a black C300 and it looked awesome. really, really like those red seats. my favourite exteriour colour is probably the brilliant blue but polar white comes in second and those red seats look awesome on the white. (and not at all on the blue... can't picture it and no one built the car like that before lol)

feel free to share some pics, man!
I'm not sure if you can configure the brilliant blue with cranberry red - but it might be surprisingly good. The "superman" build with Estoril Blue and Coral Leather is actually really popular amongst the BMW fan base. Coral is a lot brighter than our Cranberry though so it might not be an apples to apples comparison.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by imprezala
My 2017 with cf and cranberry leather
what do you use that wire coming out of the center console for?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AMG DRIVERS PACKAGE