Sponsored by:

7 things I really hate about my 2017 C63S AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 09:55 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
AMG C63s Coupe
7 things I really hate about my 2017 C63S AMG

1. Poor gas mileage. Daimler advertises 23 mpg, but I'm not getting anywhere near that. Because of all the power and glorious sounds the car makes, I end up constantly down-shifting when having to slow down and around corners (especially to get those crackling/popping exhaust sounds), causing me to rev higher and wasting fuel.

2. Attracts too much attention. There are so many car enthusiasts in Stuttgart and Germans really loves their cars. I'm constantly getting "thumbs up" and at one time, a pedestrian even asked me to,"burn out!" The car looks too good, combined with my extremely handsome face, and I attract too much attention. My wife doesn't like this either.

3. Sport seats are too snug. The seats are designed to really hold you in tight when pulling lateral-Gs. Add the fact that I have a bit of a large mid-section, and it made breathing a bit difficult the first few weeks. The lower seat cushions are too small for my big **** as well.

4. Exhaust sound is too loud. The two exhaust settings are either"loud" or "too loud." This, combined with my issue with #2 above attracts too much attention by the locals when driving around downtown Stuttgart.

5. Gets too much love by auto-mechanics. I took it in to the dealer to get warranty work done, and the mechanic turned off my dashcam. I'm guessing by this that he probably took it out for a quick joyride. This means that the next time I take my car in, I need to hang out all day at the dealer to keep an eye on my AMG.

6. Suspension is too stiff. The choice in suspension settings are"Stiff," "Stiffer," and "Too Stiff." Even on the smooth German roads, the ride canbe very bumpy. Stiff suspension and no tirewall flex from the extremely low-profile, factory stock Michelin PSS and you get absolutely nobody roll during fast cornering.

7. HUD is very annoying. The HUD shows the local speed limit, which constantly annoys me becauseit keeps reminding me of the speed limit (which is extremely hard to follow insuch a fast car). So I usually just end up turning the damn thing off. After driving for 30+ years, I'm so used to looking at the main gauges anyways.

Last edited by Sawadeeka; 08-21-2017 at 03:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
OC6.3AMG (05-26-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 10:13 AM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
nothing
Name:  H6gGf7E.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  3.6 KB
The following 2 users liked this post by shoe3k:
OC6.3AMG (05-26-2017), Sawadeeka (05-25-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by Sawadeeka
1. Poor gas mileage. Daimler advertises 23 mpg, but I'm not getting anywhere near that. Because of all the power and glorious sounds the car makes, I end up constantly down-shifting when having to slow down and around corners (especially to get those crackling/popping exhaust sounds), causing me to rev higher and wasting fuel.

2. Attracts too much attention. There are so many car enthusiasts in Stuttgart and Germans really loves their cars. I'm constantly getting "thumbs up" and at one time, a pedestrian even asked me to,"burn out!" The car looks too good, combined with my extremely handsome face, and I attract too much attention. My wife doesn't like this either.

3. Sport seats are too snug. The seats are designed to really hold you in tight when pulling lateral-Gs. Add the fact that I have a bit of a large mid-section, and it made breathing a bit difficult the first few weeks. The lower seat cushions arealso too small for my big **** as well.

4. Exhaust sound is too loud. The two exhaust settings are either"loud" or "too loud." This, combined with my issue with #2 above attracts too much attention by the locals when driving around downtown Stuttgart.

5. Gets too much love by auto-mechanics. I took it in to the dealer to get warranty work done, and the mechanic turned off my dashcam. I'm guessing by this that he probably took itout for a quick joyride. This means thatthe next time I take my car in, I need to hang out all day at the dealer tokeep an eye on my AMG.

6. Suspension is too stiff. The choice in suspension settings are"Stiff," "Stiffer," and "Too Stiff." Even on the smooth German roads, the ride canbe very bumpy. Stiff suspension and no tirewall flex from the extremely low-profile, factory stock Michelin PSS and you get absolutely nobody roll during fast cornering.

7. HUD is very annoying. The HUD shows the local speed limit, which constantly annoys me becauseit keeps reminding me of the speed limit (which is extremely hard to follow insuch a fast car). So I usually just end up turning the damn thing off. After driving for 30+ years, I'm so used to looking at the main gauges anyways.

1.If you bought this car for gas mileage we have to question your intellect.

2. Unless the attention is a cop this is good.

3. Good reason to go on a diet.

4. Most would say this is GOOD.

5. Get an app to monitor or tell them to leave it on.

6. You are right on with this complaint.

7. I would not own a car without a HUD and if it is like my sedan you can choose a display without a speed limit
shown.

Last edited by RDOCA; 05-25-2017 at 04:55 PM.
Sawadeeka (05-25-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 01:54 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 C63S AMG
Originally Posted by RDOCA
I guess I just start at #1

1.If you bought this car for gas mileage we have to question your intellect.

2. Unless the attention is a cop this is good.

3. Good reason to go on a diet.

4. Most would say this is GOOD.

5. Get an app to monitor or tell them to leave it on.

6. You are right on with this complaint.

7. I would not own a car without a HUD and if it is like my sedan you can choose a display without a speed limit
shown.
he was joking. And you are serious. Lol
The following 2 users liked this post by weboperations:
RDOCA (05-25-2017), Sawadeeka (05-25-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 02:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C63s AMG (looking to buy and do Euro Delivery)
I'm glad the suspension is "stiff", "stiffer", and "too stiff". I'm coming from an M3 and I like it stiff. My girlfriend likes it stiff too.
The following 2 users liked this post by MFahrer:
OC6.3AMG (05-26-2017), Sawadeeka (05-26-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 02:32 PM

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
18 E63S
Originally Posted by MFahrer
I'm glad the suspension is "stiff", "stiffer", and "too stiff". I'm coming from an M3 and I like it stiff. My girlfriend likes it stiff too.
Sawadeeka (05-26-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 03:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 C63S Coupe
this is too funny hahaha
Sawadeeka (05-26-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 03:12 PM

Received 97 Likes on 90 Posts
911 991 TTS, Audi RS6 C7 Performance Edition, AMG GTS

3. Sport seats are too snug. The seats are designed to really hold you in tight when pulling lateral-Gs. Add the fact that I have a bit of a large mid-section, and it made breathing a bit difficult the first few weeks. The lower seat cushions arealso too small for my big **** as well.

5. Gets too much love by auto-mechanics. I took it in to the dealer to get warranty work done, and the mechanic turned off my dashcam. I'm guessing by this that he probably took itout for a quick joyride. This means thatthe next time I take my car in, I need to hang out all day at the dealer tokeep an eye on my AMG.

Sawadeeka (05-26-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
They turn my dash cam off all the time, as well. I use the MercedesMe app to set speed limit warnings and Geo-fences.... They can run it hard, but they can't hide...
The following 2 users liked this post by auditoamg:
OC6.3AMG (05-26-2017), Sawadeeka (05-26-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 04:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 AMG C63S Coupe
I have some fairly significant beefs with this car as well.

I've found that men seem much more forward with my wife and tend to ask a lot of unsolicited questions. One that seems to come up regularly is, "Does your husband let you drive it much?" While I am of course happy with the implied domesticity in that inquiry, she tends to reply with, "I drive it whenever I damn well want!", which not only promotes the wrong sort of gender balance but overall leaves her a bit uppity and considerably less inclined to ride in the back.

I've found on the freeway a lot of douchey guys in Dodge Chargers want to floor it and try to pass me. While none has been successful, I find it distracting and wasteful of my time to have to acknowledge drivers with such poor taste in automobiles.

This car looks nowhere near as good covered in pollen, road-grime, bird **** and other assorted detritus as say, a Honda Civic. This necessitates much more frequent washing and overall appearance-maintenance. I've found this to be true with significantly above-average-attractiveness women as well though so at least I have experience dealing with problem.

I took the badges off my car and have found that gas station attendants frequently ask me, "What kind of car is that?" I agree with OP that this sort of unwanted attention is problematic. Pump my gas not your lips, peasant.

Ethanol-free Premium is also marginally difficult to find, and when the local station that carries it runs out, again, the gas-pumper isn't satisfied until he's flapped his gums at me for a good five minutes.

Also, why the **** isn't there a good iPhone holder? Does MB seriously think I'm sporting some tiny Android bull**** flip-phone?

Writing all of this down has not been cathartic for me any way. I'm actually more pissed than before and I can hear my wife coming up the hill in my car. Maybe it's time to get rid of it and consider a Charger.
The following 3 users liked this post by bdpdx:
nobbyv (05-25-2017), Sawadeeka (05-26-2017), vsnlweb (08-23-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 04:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,047 Likes on 1,428 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Right out of the ONION
Sawadeeka (05-26-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s

Sawadeeka (05-26-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 04:27 AM

AMG C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by MFahrer
LOL Too funny!
vsnlweb (08-23-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 04:27 AM

AMG C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by auditoamg
They turn my dash cam off all the time, as well. I use the MercedesMe app to set speed limit warnings and Geo-fences.... They can run it hard, but they can't hide...
I appreciate the advice. Will definitely download asap.
OC6.3AMG (05-26-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 04:32 AM

AMG C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by bdpdx
I have some fairly significant beefs with this car as well.

I've found that men seem much more forward with my wife and tend to ask a lot of unsolicited questions. One that seems to come up regularly is, "Does your husband let you drive it much?" While I am of course happy with the implied domesticity in that inquiry, she tends to reply with, "I drive it whenever I damn well want!", which not only promotes the wrong sort of gender balance but overall leaves her a bit uppity and considerably less inclined to ride in the back.

I've found on the freeway a lot of douchey guys in Dodge Chargers want to floor it and try to pass me. While none has been successful, I find it distracting and wasteful of my time to have to acknowledge drivers with such poor taste in automobiles.

This car looks nowhere near as good covered in pollen, road-grime, bird **** and other assorted detritus as say, a Honda Civic. This necessitates much more frequent washing and overall appearance-maintenance. I've found this to be true with significantly above-average-attractiveness women as well though so at least I have experience dealing with problem.

I took the badges off my car and have found that gas station attendants frequently ask me, "What kind of car is that?" I agree with OP that this sort of unwanted attention is problematic. Pump my gas not your lips, peasant.

Ethanol-free Premium is also marginally difficult to find, and when the local station that carries it runs out, again, the gas-pumper isn't satisfied until he's flapped his gums at me for a good five minutes.

Also, why the **** isn't there a good iPhone holder? Does MB seriously think I'm sporting some tiny Android bull**** flip-phone?

Writing all of this down has not been cathartic for me any way. I'm actually more pissed than before and I can hear my wife coming up the hill in my car. Maybe it's time to get rid of it and consider a Charger.
#4: That's humility. I find most Germans who drives AMGs and M-vehicles here will debadge as well.

#5: I didn't know this was an issue stateside. Not looking forward to this in a few years when I get back.
Old 05-26-2017, 06:56 AM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
2017 AMG C63S Coupe, Triumph 675R Daytona, Triumph Explorer.
All the attention also means my parking now has an audience and there is sometimes a queue to ask questions once I can get out of the car...
All very frustrating...

Last edited by Bluetonic; 05-26-2017 at 06:59 AM.
Sawadeeka (05-27-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by Bluetonic
All the attention also means my parking now has an audience and there is sometimes a queue to ask questions once I can get out of the car...
All very frustrating...

I wear sunglasses and a hat so I'm not recognized.
Bashar Halabi (05-26-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 11:16 PM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
C63S Coupe/CLA45
I will trade you your bucket seats for the standard. Mine is all black and is like new
Sawadeeka (05-27-2017)
Old 05-27-2017, 03:03 PM

AMG C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by Bluetonic
All very frustrating...

LOL. Very nice! In all honesty, this is an enthusiast's car, so it just naturally attracts other enthusiasts. We're all comfortable asking questions knowing we're all car guys with common interests. Before I bought mine, I was the harasser. I must have spent over an hour chattin' with a bloke who pulled up in front of a Lidl in a C63s Sedan.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:04 PM

AMG C63s Coupe
Okay, after driving my AMG for another 3 more months, I'm afraid I'm going to have to resurrect this thread and add two additional gripes I have with this car.

- AMG Brand: My kids and I decided to take the AMG out and we stopped at a nice outdoor cafe. I parked my vehicle out front and we decided to eat outside so we can enjoy the nice weather and also keep an eye on the car. As I stated before, the car gets too much attention by the locals and as a passerby walked by, he said, "AMG" and the kids started laughing. Then another person walked by and said again, "AMG" and the kids would again laugh. As I asked the kids why they thought it was so funny, I soon realized that here in Germany, the name is pronounced phonetically, "Ah am Gay!"

- Autopilot doesn't work right: On long distance drives, the car does a great job of maintaining its lane and keeping its distance from the vehicle up front. Because it does a great job of driving itself, I would like to take a nap. However, every time I try and take a nap, it would keep beeping at me to keep my hands on the wheel. I would like this beeping to stop and just let me sleep.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 c63 coupe

3. Sport seats are too snug. The seats are designed to really hold you in tight when pulling lateral-Gs. Add the fact that I have a bit of a large mid-section, and it made breathing a bit difficult the first few weeks. The lower seat cushions are too small for my big **** as well.

5. Gets too much love by auto-mechanics. I took it in to the dealer to get warranty work done, and the mechanic turned off my dashcam. I'm guessing by this that he probably took it out for a quick joyride. This means that the next time I take my car in, I need to hang out all day at the dealer to keep an eye on my AMG.

It's time to diet.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:38 AM

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
2015 E400 Coupe
A great thread. Not sure how someone could have taken the thing as serious.
Sawadeeka (08-22-2017)
Old 08-24-2017, 04:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63s
lol...Great Post!
Sawadeeka (08-24-2017)
Old 09-17-2017, 01:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nissan GTR
Lol this is awesome