Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C43 VS....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 01:02 AM

Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts
17' C43 Coupe
Great times man!! Who's tune do you have and what mods? Also which track did you go too? Btw what was your launch technique?
Old 08-10-2017, 12:06 PM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
Originally Posted by ShazV6
Great times man!! Who's tune do you have and what mods? Also which track did you go too? Btw what was your launch technique?
I want to know this information too.

Car: 450 or c43?
Mods: ??? (any drag radials?) downpipes?
Dyno of custom tune? #'s

Also, did your custom tune cost more than EC, OE & AMR?

Those were some good runs!!
Old 08-26-2017, 08:39 PM

Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts
17' C43 Coupe
Today had an encounter with a white m4. Not sure if he was stock or not. My mods are a Eurocharge tune only. He was dct trans. We ran from 5-12 i had a passenger about 135 lbs and he had none. End result he had me by 3/4 to a car. How should we say the car did? Good or bad with the tune? Only got to do one run and i was in manual mode sports +
Old 08-26-2017, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by Tej7
Only difference is I have the PE, my car now sounds closer to a v8 than a v6. My mileage has decreased a bit, but we all know why that is
Tej, mind sharing your exhaust mods again. So you have the PE, you took the res out, what else?

Mind writing a proper review of your experience. A video would have helped the most!
Old 08-27-2017, 01:08 PM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by munis
Tej, mind sharing your exhaust mods again. So you have the PE, you took the res out, what else?

Mind writing a proper review of your experience. A video would have helped the most!
That's it lol, I only got the reso removed. I initially just wanted to delete the secondary cats, but our cars don't have them I didn't want the car to be too loud, so I was a little hesitant to do the reso delete. However, it came out perfect in the end.

Cold starts sound 10x better. The first time I heard the cold start after the mod, my first words were "holy ****"
I think the only downside for some people wanting to do this mod, is that it sounds very raspy in SPORT mode, above 4500rpm. Sports+ sounds awesome, just sounds more angry. My friend said it kind of reduced the v6 sound, and it now sounds closer to a v8. It also idles louder across all modes.

I really wanted to do a before and after video, but I just forgot about it lol. The video really doesn't do it justice at all. It's just something you have to hear in person.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That's it lol, I only got the reso removed. I initially just wanted to delete the secondary cats, but our cars don't have them I didn't want the car to be too loud, so I was a little hesitant to do the reso delete. However, it came out perfect in the end.

Cold starts sound 10x better. The first time I heard the cold start after the mod, my first words were "holy ****"
I think the only downside for some people wanting to do this mod, is that it sounds very raspy in SPORT mode, above 4500rpm. Sports+ sounds awesome, just sounds more angry. My friend said it kind of reduced the v6 sound, and it now sounds closer to a v8. It also idles louder across all modes.

I really wanted to do a before and after video, but I just forgot about it lol. The video really doesn't do it justice at all. It's just something you have to hear in person.
Wow, this definitely entered my list now. Wonder how the PE would sound with a res delete and a DP. It should be frigging insane! By the way we do have secondary cats, right after the primary cats. It is wrapped in some weird aluminum net thingy. I am sure you have noticed it.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:11 AM

C43 Coupe
Wow, this definitely entered my list now. Wonder how the PE would sound with a res delete and a DP. It should be frigging insane! By the way we do have secondary cats, right after the primary cats. It is wrapped in some weird aluminum net thingy. I am sure you have noticed it.
Are you sure? The shop that removed the reso said we didn't.. There was an SLC43 that was getting work done right beside my car, and it also did not have any secondary cats.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Are you sure? The shop that removed the reso said we didn't.. There was an SLC43 that was getting work done right beside my car, and it also did not have any secondary cats.

I have been told that these are the secondary cats. I am pretty sure. Do you know what those are?
Old 08-28-2017, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tej when you deleted the res, did you replace it with straight pipes or x? With PE we already have a H pipe towards the end anyway.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:35 PM

C43 Coupe
Tej when you deleted the res, did you replace it with straight pipes or x? With PE we already have a H pipe towards the end anyway.
That pic above is interesting. I'm pretty sure it was replaced with a straight pipe. I was given the option to add an x pipe if I thought it was too loud.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:01 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
C450

I have been told that these are the secondary cats. I am pretty sure. Do you know what those are?
Those are flex connectors. They are not cats nor resonators.
The following users liked this post:
Tej7 (08-29-2017)
Old 08-30-2017, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That pic above is interesting. I'm pretty sure it was replaced with a straight pipe. I was given the option to add an x pipe if I thought it was too loud.

Tej, can you actually confirm that you replaced the resonator by using two separate straight pipes by any chance? Because our resonator is one piece for both banks. No idea what is going on inside that. Is it a x pipe inside the box?

As we already have a H Pipe down the line, is X pipe needed at all?