Sponsored by:

BlackVue Parking Mode

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 07:25 PM

Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
c63s
Question BlackVue Parking Mode

Anyone using BlackVue in parking mode on their W205? How does the car battery hold up? Does the power magic pro unit operate as expected and not drain the battery?

The guy from blackboxmycar.com recommends using a brand called "multi safer," but when I did searches, I could not find anywhere that supplied this. He said he liked it because it handles the voltage cut-off better as well as the single ACC wire requirement...

This made me start wondering if it's safe to even use the power magic pro unit if he doesn't even recommend it...?

Please let me know real-world use...I'd love to record while parked, but don't want to mess up my battery.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 398 Likes on 306 Posts
AMG C63s Sedan , AMG C43 , AMG G63 , GLK 250
Originally Posted by mrguitar
Anyone using BlackVue in parking mode on their W205? How does the car battery hold up? Does the power magic pro unit operate as expected and not drain the battery?

The guy from blackboxmycar.com recommends using a brand called "multi safer," but when I did searches, I could not find anywhere that supplied this. He said he liked it because it handles the voltage cut-off better as well as the single ACC wire requirement...

This made me start wondering if it's safe to even use the power magic pro unit if he doesn't even recommend it...?

Please let me know real-world use...I'd love to record while parked, but don't want to mess up my battery.
Hey MrGuitar, I replied on my thread as well, I would NOT use the Power Magic Pro, use the external battery pack ( https://www.blackvue.com/power-magic...attery-b-124x/ )
The voltage cutoffs, etc are junk and will drain your battery, I found many articles on people having lots of issues.

I had the external battery pack, hooked upto switched power only, so when you are driving it charges it. (about 40 min driving will do a complete charge on it) and there is an app that connects to it, to tell you how much power it has, and how much it is using.
The following users liked this post:
mrguitar (07-17-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 09:16 AM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
2019 AMG C63
I've been using the Power Magic EZ OBD version for a few months with no issues so far.

The following 2 users liked this post by 4dr.no:
chrissy0874 (06-24-2020), mrguitar (07-17-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 10:27 AM

c63s
Originally Posted by 4dr.no
I've been using the Power Magic EZ OBD version for a few months with no issues so far.
what were the main differences between the Power Magic EZ OBD and Power Magic Pro versions again? When you say "no issues" are you able to determine how your car battery voltage is being protected/preserved? Or are you just saying that you haven't noticed any issues? Thanks
Old 07-17-2019, 10:29 AM

c63s
Originally Posted by FLC63s
Hey MrGuitar, I replied on my thread as well, I would NOT use the Power Magic Pro, use the external battery pack ( https://www.blackvue.com/power-magic...attery-b-124x/ )
The voltage cutoffs, etc are junk and will drain your battery, I found many articles on people having lots of issues.

I had the external battery pack, hooked upto switched power only, so when you are driving it charges it. (about 40 min driving will do a complete charge on it) and there is an app that connects to it, to tell you how much power it has, and how much it is using.
FLC63s, how long does the battery last on a full charge if recording in parking mode? If you were to leave the car parked for a week, would it last that long?

Where did you mount the battery pack? It seems like the size makes it have to go under a front seat? That, or in the trunk somewhere...?
Old 07-17-2019, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

FLC63s, how long does the battery last on a full charge if recording in parking mode? If you were to leave the car parked for a week, would it last that long?

Where did you mount the battery pack? It seems like the size makes it have to go under a front seat? That, or in the trunk somewhere...?
There is NO WAY you are going to get a WEEK of charge from anything .... the top battery pack from BlackVue will give you max 24 hours (depending on options you set for recording - single or dual) , although you can link up multiple battery packs to give you more record time without recharge. Settings like motion activated or EVENT only recording will change the life of that as well.
mrguitar (07-17-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 11:58 AM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
2019 AMG C63
what were the main differences between the Power Magic EZ OBD and Power Magic Pro versions again? When you say "no issues" are you able to determine how your car battery voltage is being protected/preserved? Or are you just saying that you haven't noticed any issues? Thanks
OBD connection vs fuse box. I've not tested the battery, but then again I have it set to record only for movement/event and cutoff switch set at 12.5v. My max time for parking mode is ~12 hours.
mrguitar (07-17-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 12:29 PM

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts
2020 AMG C63 Coupe, 2012 C63 AMG Coupe, 1989 560SL
I had a blackvue installed in my 12 c63 with the module to auto shut off at 12.5v, have only had it for a couple months so not much experience but have not had any battery issues. Planning to have the same system installed in my 20 when it arrives.
mrguitar (07-17-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 01:07 PM

c63s
There is NO WAY you are going to get a WEEK of charge from anything .... the top battery pack from BlackVue will give you max 24 hours (depending on options you set for recording - single or dual) , although you can link up multiple battery packs to give you more record time without recharge. Settings like motion activated or EVENT only recording will change the life of that as well.
Thanks. Let me know if you can describe how/where the various components are installed.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:09 PM

c63s
Originally Posted by Arjy
I had a blackvue installed in my 12 c63 with the module to auto shut off at 12.5v, have only had it for a couple months so not much experience but have not had any battery issues. Planning to have the same system installed in my 20 when it arrives.
arjy, you have the power magic pro set up or one of the other options?
Old 07-17-2019, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have attached some pictures, (descrptions are under neath each picture)

One thing I wanted to point out, as I have seen others do this (which is stupid IMO) you DO NOT NEED to cut your window tint !!!
My rear view camera is mounted on my window / tint , and you can see the view from the camera is fine , even at night with the night vision enabled.
(for the love of god, do not cut a hole in your tint , or allow anyone to say you need it)

Outside View (I have LIMO TINT) on all my windows, so its hard as hell to see it unless you are looking for it.

Outside View (I have LIMO TINT) on all my windows, so its hard as hell to see it unless you are looking for it.

Close up, of harness and placement.

Front Camera from Passenger seat (close view)

Rear View Camera (you really cant see it from driving)

Rear view camera from looking up at it in back seat

Video snapshot out FRONT WINDOW

Video snapshot out REAR WINDOW and LIMO TINT
The following 2 users liked this post by FLC63s:
chrissy0874 (06-24-2020), mrguitar (07-17-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 04:47 PM

c63s
Looks clean. BTW, regarding the tint, I wouldn't poke a hole in it either for the camera to see through, but how does the camera mount hold up on the tint (i.e. since it's not attaching to the glass anymore)? No issues there at all?

Also...turn on your public cam so we can watch! Hahaha
Old 07-17-2019, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Looks clean. BTW, regarding the tint, I wouldn't poke a hole in it either for the camera to see through, but how does the camera mount hold up on the tint (i.e. since it's not attaching to the glass anymore)? No issues there at all?

Also...turn on your public cam so we can watch! Hahaha
No issue with sticking to rear tint (rear camera is light)
front camera is the heavy one
chrissy0874 (06-24-2020)
Old 07-17-2019, 04:57 PM

c63s
No issue with sticking to rear tint (rear camera is light)
front camera is the heavy one
oh i should have mentioned that i'm only getting the front one (since not sure how i would mount the rear in a cabrio)...do you think it will still hold up to the tint?
Old 07-18-2019, 08:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

oh i should have mentioned that i'm only getting the front one (since not sure how i would mount the rear in a cabrio)...do you think it will still hold up to the tint?
On the front camera, it would NOT be mounted on the tint strip, as it should NOT be that high up. If you mount it directly under the rearview mirror console (on windshield) it is perfect.
chrissy0874 (06-24-2020)
Old 07-18-2019, 11:50 AM

c63s
On the front camera, it would NOT be mounted on the tint strip, as it should NOT be that high up. If you mount it directly under the rearview mirror console (on windshield) it is perfect.
I also should have mentioned that I'm thinking of tinting the whole front window since i want to keep the heat down...would there be any issues with mounting on tint in this case?
Old 07-18-2019, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I also should have mentioned that I'm thinking of tinting the whole front window since i want to keep the heat down...would there be any issues with mounting on tint in this case?

whole front window ??

What country and state you live in ?
Old 07-18-2019, 11:54 AM

c63s
whole front window ??

What country and state you live in ?
CA...but I don't plan to make it darker at all (maybe a little at the top). i just want the ceramic protection...
Old 07-18-2019, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CA...but I don't plan to make it darker at all (maybe a little at the top). i just want the ceramic protection...
I just added a better AC unit...

LOL

As for the tint, and the Camera mount, I would let the TINT cure for a while before mounting the camera on it, or to play it safe, then have them cut the square area where you will mount the camera.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:00 PM

c63s
I just added a better AC unit...

LOL

As for the tint, and the Camera mount, I would let the TINT cure for a while before mounting the camera on it, or to play it safe, then have them cut the square area where you will mount the camera.
where do you get these pics? haha.

yeah i may end up not tinting the entire front, in which case, issue solved. good idea about curing it, if so though.

i haven't gotten the camera yet...what is the mounting methodology? is it just a sticky thing? suction cup? etc.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

where do you get these pics? haha.

yeah i may end up not tinting the entire front, in which case, issue solved. good idea about curing it, if so though.

i haven't gotten the camera yet...what is the mounting methodology? is it just a sticky thing? suction cup? etc.
its sticky 3m tape on it.. you just line it up, and peel and stick... I lightly stuck it on the window (enough that it wouldnt fall) then went outside the car and looked at it straight on, to make sure it was in line with the middle of the hood, then push it on real good.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:03 PM

c63s

btw, where did you guys install your battery pack?
Old 07-18-2019, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

btw, where did you guys install your battery pack?
I mounted mine up under the passenger side dash. (it fits up there real good and you can mount securely)
mrguitar (07-18-2019)
Old 01-05-2021, 11:10 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
AMG C63S
Just reviving this posting.
I just installed a Blackvue 750LTE - 2 Camera in my C63S and I have a magic pro for power. What are the best settings for the camera to maximize battery life without an extra battery, and also maximize the resolution of the video?

I have a couple of issues I've encountered so far:
1. Someone hit my car, but I didn't know until the next day, but the camera already rewrote over the footage on the cloud (5GB) and on the SD card. Can you get more than 5GB on the cloud?
2. Another time someone hit the car, and even though I have the video resolution set to highest, I can't read the license plate because their car is moving too fast and the video is pixelated and not good enough to read.
3. I've turned on time-lapse for parking, but it drains the battery in 1.5 days. Is it better to turn off the time-lapse option?

Cheers

Old 01-06-2021, 09:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by superstarR
Just reviving this posting.
I just installed a Blackvue 750LTE - 2 Camera in my C63S and I have a magic pro for power. What are the best settings for the camera to maximize battery life without an extra battery, and also maximize the resolution of the video?

I have a couple of issues I've encountered so far:
1. Someone hit my car, but I didn't know until the next day, but the camera already rewrote over the footage on the cloud (5GB) and on the SD card. Can you get more than 5GB on the cloud?
2. Another time someone hit the car, and even though I have the video resolution set to highest, I can't read the license plate because their car is moving too fast and the video is pixelated and not good enough to read.
3. I've turned on time-lapse for parking, but it drains the battery in 1.5 days. Is it better to turn off the time-lapse option?

Cheers
Hello:

on items 1 -2 , you need to set the " collision " event detection to LOCK the file, this way it will NOT overwrite any files that are created from an event ( you can set the events to be "impact, motion detection, etc "
Make sure you have your motion detection area setup, otherwise it will prob just keep recording non stop.

Do you have the LTE antenna as well ?

With respect to item #3 , this all depends on what type of monitoring you are looking for.. I have mine set to record on motion, or impact (in parking mode) and it records 2 min at a time. (on 4K)

When a impact is detected, it buffers 30 seconds prior and records and "locks" that file so it cannot be overwritten.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BlackVue Parking Mode