Sponsored by:

Front lip install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2021, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 C63 AMG
Front lip install

Anyone install this front lip on their car?

My local dealer are incompetent at best and I may try and install it myself.

Any install instructions or YouTube tutorial would be MUCH appreciated!

Old 02-26-2021, 01:34 PM

Received 144 Likes on 117 Posts
C63s
Yes

Is not the most difficult part to install in the car I have to say 😬

I have it installed in my shop, but basically you need to screw it to the front bumper, there are like 12 screws as I recall

Old 02-26-2021, 01:51 PM

2018 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by japamg
Yes

Is not the most difficult part to install in the car I have to say 😬

I have it installed in my shop, but basically you need to screw it to the front bumper, there are like 12 screws as I recall

I totally understand... but the first place I took my car to ****ed it up:
Left these gaps that aren't supposed to be there

After I got my money back for the ****ty install, I took it to the Mercedes dealer where they said " There isn’t anything we can do about the gap unless you replace it with a new one. The adhesive that was used and the screws are not Mercedes Benz whoever installed it previously."

Which is bull****, there's no adhesive other than the screws and the double sided tape.

So currently, I'm looking to either fix it myself or bring it elsewhere to fix and I'm having a VERY hard time finding a place in Charlotte NC, USA. I really don't think I need to RE-ORDER this lip...

Old 02-26-2021, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 398 Likes on 306 Posts
AMG C63s Sedan , AMG C43 , AMG G63 , GLK 250
Originally Posted by mshanoski

Which is bull****, there's no adhesive other than the screws and the double sided tape.

So currently, I'm looking to either fix it myself or bring it elsewhere to fix and I'm having a VERY hard time finding a place in Charlotte NC, USA. I really don't think I need to RE-ORDER this lip...
Well Double sided tape is an "adhesive" and more so 3M makes some strong stuff.. so trying to take that off.. will leave lots of."glue adhesive" that is a pain to get off..
Old 02-26-2021, 03:29 PM

2018 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by FLC63s
Well Double sided tape is an "adhesive" and more so 3M makes some strong stuff.. so trying to take that off.. will leave lots of."glue adhesive" that is a pain to get off..
Goo Gone is a better option than $700 + for a new front lip but what do I know...
Old 02-26-2021, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 398 Likes on 306 Posts
AMG C63s Sedan , AMG C43 , AMG G63 , GLK 250
Goo Gone is a better option than $700 + for a new front lip but what do I know...
well there ya go, take it off, clean it up and then take to mb to install correctly.

Old 02-26-2021, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,730 Likes on 2,493 Posts
2019 C63CS
Not entirely sure if the screw holes have to be drilled if you try to retrofit it on a PFL coupe, but I'm assuming you ordered the OEM AMG aerodynamic package front lip? On the FL with the aero package, the lip is just screwed on. I had to replace mine, because I damaged the original one. You don't want this to be installed with double sided tape, because chances are you'll crack it sooner or later and need to replace it. I can only imagine that the factory screw holes aren't there on a PFL and they drilled holes in the wrong places and now you have the gaps.

Old 02-26-2021, 03:51 PM

2018 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by superswiss
Not entirely sure if the screw holes have to be drilled if you try to retrofit it on a PFL coupe, but I'm assuming you ordered the OEM AMG aerodynamic package front lip? On the FL with the aero package, the lip is just screwed on. I had to replace mine, because I damaged the original one. You don't want this to be installed with double sided tape, because chances are you'll crack it sooner or later and need to replace it. I can only imagine that the factory screw holes aren't there on a PFL and they drilled holes in the wrong places and now you have the gaps.

I have a 2018 c63 and I ordered the edition 1 front lip/side sills, rear flics.

I assume the first place that installed the lip didn’t install maybe the middle portion correctly.

now I just need to find a place that will help fix my issue. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Old 02-26-2021, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
I have a 2018 c63 and I ordered the edition 1 front lip/side sills, rear flics.

I assume the first place that installed the lip didn’t install maybe the middle portion correctly.

now I just need to find a place that will help fix my issue. 🤦🏼‍♂️
Yeah, I'm kinda having a hard time wrapping my head around where this gap is coming from in the first place. Is it sticking out more than it should on the side? It almost looks like the part itself is not a proper fit.
Old 02-26-2021, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
In case it helps, here's a close up of where the center and end pieces meet up, keeping in mind that the Edition 1 lip and the Aero lip may not be exactly the same, but still. Looking at how yours lines up in relation to the bumper, it looks like your center piece is correct, but the side piece is too far to the right. Here's a thought. Is it possible that the lip you received is for the sedan? Not sure if there was an Edition 1 lip for the sedan, but maybe a replica. The coupe is wider.

Old 02-26-2021, 05:53 PM

C63s
I am pretty sure front lip is just for coupe, so the issue must be related to a wrong drilling

You also have a gap in the other side?
Old 02-26-2021, 09:22 PM

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
17 C63S Coupe PTG1000
There are multiple independent euro shops in CLT that can very likely get the job done. Euro Cars South End, Eurowise, Eurofed etc.
Old 02-26-2021, 11:50 PM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2019 C63s
Originally Posted by noremaC
There are multiple independent euro shops in CLT that can very likely get the job done. Euro Cars South End, Eurowise, Eurofed etc.
also GMP Performance in Charlotte. See those guys at VIR most times I’m there.
The following users liked this post:
noremaC (02-27-2021)
Old 02-27-2021, 08:14 AM

C63s
Here is mine. Not from factory

Old 06-02-2021, 08:20 AM

C63s coupé
Hello,

Long time reader, first time poster. I received a 2020 C63s coupe last september, and despite care and parking sensors, I managed to break the front splitter of the aero kit.

My MB dealer gave me A205 885 74 01 as reference for the OEM part, cost 300€ but 3 hours of labour. I have read that it was simply a matter of screwing / bolting the splitter to the fender, but the dealership told me they had to remove the whole bumper.

It is reasonable to try to swap the splitter myself ?
Old 06-02-2021, 11:56 AM

C63s
You just need to replace the central part, quite easy

Old 06-15-2021, 08:43 AM

C63s coupé
Hi, I can confirm that taking the blade off just requires unscrewing torx (4* around the wheel arches) and philips screws across the width of the splitter. I did not dare disassemble the central part from the left / right bits because of how flimsy the whole thing feels. Probably just glued.
Old 09-10-2021, 02:04 PM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
c63s coupe
I got an aerokit rear spoiler and front splitter today for my 2018 c63s coupe, I understand the splitter needs screwed in but was wondering how this is possible with the little 'nubs' in the second photo? I'm assuming because its designed for the facelift that the facelift has a hole in the underside that this fits into but as the pre facelift doesn't I'm assuming these will have to be removed to fit?

Old 09-10-2021, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by rianos
I got an aerokit rear spoiler and front splitter today for my 2018 c63s coupe, I understand the splitter needs screwed in but was wondering how this is possible with the little 'nubs' in the second photo? I'm assuming because its designed for the facelift that the facelift has a hole in the underside that this fits into but as the pre facelift doesn't I'm assuming these will have to be removed to fit?
Yeah, basically this doesn't fit the PFL. It has to be screwed in in several places where the PFL doesn't have holes to make sure it's not gonna get ripped off from the wind forces. I didn't know about those nubs, but yes looks like the FL has holes for these to go and to further secure it.
Old 09-11-2021, 08:17 AM
wtm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 AMG C63 S
Something I recently heard from the guys who do my detailing, as I've been looking at adding carbon front spoiler to my 2017 c63s: They suggested using rivets instead of the screws, based on another guy's lip working itself loose (as far as I know he didn't hit anything, just from regular driving). I hadn't thought about this before but am now thinking rivets may be the better way to go - it's more work initially, but the rivets can always be drilled out/new rivets put in, in case of future replacement.
Old 09-11-2021, 01:24 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
C63S
i bought aftermarket CF ones and just drilled them in. i can't imagine how fast you'd have to drive for how long before the screws would work itself out. w/that said, i'll probably check them from time to time, esp since i had already knocked a side pc part way off from a parking block
Old 11-27-2022, 12:37 PM

Received 203 Likes on 130 Posts
C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by rianos

Buddy did you figure out what those nubs are for or did you end up removing them to get the spoiler to fit the pfl?

George
Old 11-28-2022, 05:56 AM

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts
W205 C63S T
remove those on PFL
Old 11-28-2022, 05:59 AM

Received 203 Likes on 130 Posts
C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by Belong
remove those on PFL
Cheers dude what did you use to cut them off a dremel?

George
Old 01-01-2023, 03:12 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2021 AMG C63S Coupe
Hello everyone - happy new year!

My dad and I just installed the aero front lip spoiler on my 2021 C63 S Coupe. It was pretty easy, with the hardest part being that you need to line up the center piece perfectly and mount that first.

We did not use 3M tape on the entire spoiler per @superswiss recommendation - if you crack the spoiler and need to replace a piece, I can't even imagine how difficult it would be to peel away all the 3m residue. The rear spoiler 3m tape residue was a pain in the butt to remove, it would be that much harder under the bumper. We did use 3m tape on the side pieces on the upper part on the bumper.

I can verify that the FL coupe (my 2021) DOES NOT have indents for the nubs on the two side pieces. We had to Dremel them off. There are no indents at all for any of the screws for the entire spoiler, so we had to line up and drill all of the screws in without any guides or slots. I really thought the FL coupes had the spots for this?! We used blue painters tape to align the center piece them used a sharpie to note where the holes will be drilled. Then we drilled a hole for the black plastic anchors, then screwed in the spoiler (by hand once the anchors were installed)

I purchased the spoiler as the c205 Aerodynamics Kit Front spoiler (not the edition 1) from Mercteil - they were outstanding, once again taking 2 business days to arrive from Latvia to US.

I have attached a few pics for you guys to see. If anyone has any questions on the install, I can help. I took a ton of pictures as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front lip install