GLC Class (X254) Produced 2023+

Blind Spot Assist Inoperable, Pre-Safe Mode Inoperable, Occupant Presence Inoperable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2024, 06:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2024 GLC-300
Blind Spot Assist Inoperable, Pre-Safe Mode Inoperable, Occupant Presence Inoperable

2024 GLC Blind Spot Assist Inoperable / Pre-Safe Mode Inoperable / Occupant Presence Reminder Inoperable / Check Engine Light On

Model: 2024 GLC-300
Milage 2,170 miles

We got into our brand new 2024 GLC - 300 with 2,170 miles on it and encountered a series of problems. The dash showed a Check Engine Light (CEL) and then cycled between reporting Blind Spot Assist Inoperable / Pre-Safe Mode Inoperative / Occupant Presence Reminder Inoperable and would not allow the car to be driven. If I put it into drive or reverse it would make an alarming sound and then flash a red perimeter around the image of the car presumably because the blind spot assist was inoperable.

I then spent some time with the Mercedes Me service to troubleshoot the problem which offered nothing more than added frustration and ultimately had to tow it to the dealership. By the time the tow truck arrived (1.5 hours after this all started) all of the above warnings spontaneously resolved except for the check engine light which remained on. It could even be driven onto the tow truck bed. It spent 2 days at the dealership and they called to say they could not find any problems. By the time they got to the car there were no warning lights and none of the problems had caused any error codes. I am still in disbelief that there are no logs of this anywhere in the car's system. We spoke to the service tech in person who told us, "These cars are electronics nightmares" and he suggested to keep it a few more days and drive it around a bit and see if the errors come back. So that is where we are now. Seems low yield but we let them keep it a bit longer.

I'll update as I know more. Any suggestions?

?

Old 04-07-2024, 08:44 AM

Received 159 Likes on 129 Posts
'23 GLS450
Another one bites the dust! Probably 48V related.

There are multiple threads on this:
https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class-x254/881857-glc-23-check-engine-light.html#post8906077
https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class...not-start.html
Old 04-07-2024, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 899 Likes on 692 Posts
G550
Does your car have a presafe reset button?
With presafe and blindspot warnings, it would seem that a proximity sensor is falsely triggering.

It's beyond my comprehension how some software engineer can write a block of IF/THEN code that causes total disablement of the car's mobility, and then fails to convey this cause and result information to someone responsible for fixing these types of faults. Maybe ask the dealer to disable presafe until MB finishes debugging it using owners as lab mice.
The following users liked this post:
EWL5 (04-07-2024)
Old 04-07-2024, 02:34 PM

'23 GLS450
Luckily when this crap happens on my GLS (while the car is being driven), at least it doesn't hamper normal operation of the car except for the electronic nannies!

I would absolutely throw a fit knowing that I can't drive the car like it's 1999 (electronics be damned)!
Old 05-04-2024, 10:53 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2024 GLC-300 & 2022 GLE-350
My 2024 GLC300 is in the shop (at the dealer) due to some annoyances...like not coming to a stop smoothly. It's been there for 4 days. They only worked on it for 1.5 days thus far, according to my "Mercedes Me" app.

What brought me to this thread is the "PRE-SAFE Mode Inoperable" error message started showing on the 2024 GLC300 LOANER (less than 200 miles on it) yesterday. I was wondering what it meant. Now I know. So....my brand new car with less than 500 miles has problems, and the loaner with less than 200 miles on it, has problems.

This is my FIRST Mercedes. The 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe I traded in had 118,000 miles on it, and had zero technical/mechanical problems before 100,000 miles (then it started drinking 1/2 quart of oil @ week).

Ironically, I choose a Mercedes last month, because my wife's 2022 Mercedes GLE350 has been trouble-free and annoyance-free for the first 2 years. Only 17,000 miles on it now, but virtually a perfect car...for her. (Too big for me.) Are the GLC cars made in Detroit?
Old 05-05-2024, 01:34 PM

'23 GLS450
Most of Mercedes' issues of late has to do with electronics....followed by how the mild-hybrid was incorporated. Many suspect the battery supplied is of low quality but I haven't seen substantial evidence of that.
Either way, Mercedes firmly deserves its "best car" and reliability rankings from Consumer Reports.
The following users liked this post:
AllenChicago (05-07-2024)