W204 not cranking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 C250
W204 not cranking

Hello everyone My C250 2012 was having a low battery, i was jumping it and everything was fine, i got a vacation for a while and came back to turn it on but it won't even with jumping, so i changed the battery with a new one but still it's not cranking, now those symbols are on the dash and stereo. Anyone faced this issue before or how can i start my car at least to take to a garage?
I uploaded the video for the same on wetransfer also

https://we.tl/t-EogrRkugco
Thanks

Old 05-01-2024, 07:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC 250
Support

Good day,

Most probably you have a blown fuse(s). This usually happens during jumpstarting due to the sparks and the accompanying voltage fluctuation.
If all fuses (engine side & inside the car) are good, check for potential rats eaten wires since you have parked the car for some time during your vacation.

For any additional assistance please let me know.

Regards.

Last edited by MB Leb; 05-01-2024 at 07:12 AM. Reason: More info
Old 05-01-2024, 12:16 PM

W204 C250
Originally Posted by MB Leb
Good day,

Most probably you have a blown fuse(s). This usually happens during jumpstarting due to the sparks and the accompanying voltage fluctuation.
If all fuses (engine side & inside the car) are good, check for potential rats eaten wires since you have parked the car for some time during your vacation.

For any additional assistance please let me know.

Regards.
Many thanks for the reply, i checked all the fuses in engine bay and in the trunk all fine, i don't think there are rats in my area. 😕
Old 05-03-2024, 02:01 PM

GLC 250
You are welcome.....there is one more important Fuse Box to consider which is near the Instrument Cluster as per the below picture.....Hope this helps, if not, I appreciate if you let me know the outcome after you repair it..
Old 05-03-2024, 02:07 PM

GLC 250
You just need to pull this plastic cover and you will see many fuses behind it.....I'm leaning toward a blown fuse because you have many affected systems popping up messages due to the missing power I guess.
Old 05-04-2024, 04:30 AM

W204 C250
Originally Posted by MB Leb
You just need to pull this plastic cover and you will see many fuses behind it.....I'm leaning toward a blown fuse because you have many affected systems popping up messages due to the missing power I guess.
Again really appreciated that you are helping me out, as i saw also on many sites there must be a fuse box there, but my car doesn't have one !!! Am really getting frustrated
Old 05-04-2024, 04:48 AM

GLC 250
Please send me the picture of your car chassis number (VIN) and I'll try to get you more specific information to your car. The number is usually on a black sticker when you open the door or at the bottom of your windshield, it's a 17 digit number.
By the way, are you able to put the gear in neutral and turn the steering in case you need to put the car on a recovery truck? This is important otherwise you can't take the car easily to a repair shop/dealer if needed. Hope it will end up a simple fuse issue.
I'm usually interested in similar concerns and hope to be able to assist.
The following users liked this post:
W204 owner (05-15-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 05:21 AM

W204 C250
Originally Posted by W204 owner
Hello everyone My C250 2012 was having a low battery, i was jumping it and everything was fine, i got a vacation for a while and came back to turn it on but it won't even with jumping, so i changed the battery with a new one but still it's not cranking, now those symbols are on the dash and stereo. Anyone faced this issue before or how can i start my car at least to take to a garage?
I uploaded the video for the same on wetransfer also

https://we.tl/t-EogrRkugco
Thanks

For reference the issue is the ECU was fried due to multiple tries of jumping (maybe wrong jumping as well), i bought a second hand ECU reprogrammed it and everything went well.