S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Fiber optic questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 03:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 s550
Fiber optic questions

Hey guys I took my 2010 s550 to the dealer because my radio isn't working, they tracked the issue down to modules on the passenger side not communicating. The problem is, I can't find the modules online because I'd rather buy the parts used than have the dealership gouge me. Can anyone tell me what the part numbers are to fiber optic components on the passenger side trunk?
Old Today, 04:04 PM

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
2006 W221 S500L
Whut? You're just going to throw some random parts at the problem?
Without diagnosing it first?
The following users liked this post:
Angela_lisa (Today)
Old Today, 04:19 PM

2010 s550
Originally Posted by Jaap
Whut? You're just going to throw some random parts at the problem?
Without diagnosing it first?
if I buy the parts used then yes. It makes absolute sense to try the parts if they're cheaper than the labor. Absolutely
Old Today, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 869 Likes on 724 Posts
S500
if no sound and on FM radio no display of names or station frequency the amp in the boot is DEAD - u do not ever need diagnostics for that

if the comand is generally falling over or being a bit odd but its not sound that's the big concern - two modules appear to get flaky first - both the "Sirius" tuner module (black box nearest the left rear tail light) or the voice control "linguatronic" module maybe dead

hard drives also die in the comand module....

lots of part numbers... read the clock fix post get in ENG. menus and read

see here https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w...ml#post8468441 to get at secret menus and close by for the photos of the parts - NOTE: due to Merc incompetence - whilst useful numbers these are NOT the parts you buy, but for your car should help identify suitable bits on ebay

Old Today, 05:05 PM

2010 s550
It's not the amp. I bypassed it snd it still didnt work. The dealership said it was two modules on thr passenger side not communicating
Old Today, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 515 Likes on 384 Posts
222 S-65
If anything in the loop fails it takes all downstream of the failed component down. I had a Voice Control Module take out audio in my 221 S-65.

Best wishes.
Old Today, 09:04 PM

2010 s550
Originally Posted by JohnLane
If anything in the loop fails it takes all downstream of the failed component down. I had a Voice Control Module take out audio in my 221 S-65.

Best wishes.
I already get that and what the dealership is telling me is that they isolated the issue to the passenger side rear modules. Not the amp, not satelite radio module or voice control module. It's the modules on the passenger side. Does anyone have the names and part numbers to those modules?
The following users liked this post:
Angela_lisa (Today)
Old Today, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz C300 2016 , E63s AMG 2023
Post S550

Originally Posted by CinciS550
I already get that and what the dealership is telling me is that they isolated the issue to the passenger side rear modules. Not the amp, not satelite radio module or voice control module. It's the modules on the passenger side. Does anyone have the names and part numbers to those modules?
Hello, that's gonna be a difficult piece of information to get.. Considering the car you're using is high with sensors, so I suggest you ask the dealership company help you or a specific licit automobile engineer