Old Yesterday, 09:22 PM

Received 109 Likes on 77 Posts
'16 CLS63S
Intake valve cleaning

Does this actually work?

Old Yesterday, 10:27 PM

Received 176 Likes on 150 Posts
E550 Coupe 2wd (2016)
I'm sure it works, but how quickly it works is the big question. My guess is a couple cans while it's running won't do much of anything. If you've ever seen a valve caked with carbon, it is very uncooperative. I can remember chucking valves into a drill and hitting it with a wire wheel on a bench grinder, giving up and using the grinding wheel.

The way he went about it just may be the worst ever. Cleaned the F outta the turbos, which I'd imagine neither needed it, nor appreciated it. Then I wonder how much of it just sat at the bottom of the pipe at the turbo? Plus the holes he punched in the rubber for no reason, I mean sheeze, wth? If you really want to dump it in there like that, just remove the air filter boxes and dump away.
The ideal spot would pump it in just before the throttle, or at worst, before the intercooler. My intercooler has a plug in front as if it was put there for such things. I've considered spraying in a steady supply of cleaner, or gas, over months, but honestly I don't think it would help much either. The trick is prevent it from forming in the first place. A catch can would be nice, but you need one that actually works and the line you need to tap into is very difficult to reach. Behind the right head between the oil separator and intake. You can reach back there are feel it. I'll see if I can dig up a pix.
If you actually wanted to remove the carbon then I'd remove the intake, soak each valve in a solvent meant for that and start scrapin'.

Here we go, this puppy:

Last edited by Chevota; Yesterday at 10:35 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
2016 E63 S AMG Wagon
No. Absolutely not. Walnut blasting is most accepted method. Water/meth injection is keeping the valves on my Mini clean. Considering it for the wagon. I've tried catch cans on my Minis, and although they did "catch lots of oily condensate, the valves still carboned up. YMMV
Old Today, 02:52 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,069 Likes on 1,442 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...ake-clean.html
Old Today, 04:33 AM

Received 104 Likes on 80 Posts
2015 CLS550 Shooting brake 4-matic
Here is M278 before and after Walnut blasting.

Some valves were better, some worse, this is about average. I can tell you that the difference after walnut blasting is huge! I sure can recommend that blasting.

uhh

Clean