E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

I love the front-end of my E300, (photo attached) is this a sport model? 🤔

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday | 09:45 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Arrow I love the front-end of my E300, (photo attached) is this a sport model? 🤔

Just wondering if my car is considered a sport model because of the front-end?

It is the very reason I bought it in Stuttgart because it was different from the ones I saw in the USA- which had the regular grill with no Mercedes logo in it and the star emblem on the hood. In my opinion this just looks so much more sportier with a sexy front-end.

If anyone knows if it is considered a sport model- let me know! Thanks in advance :-)

Last edited by Massimo Here; Yesterday at 10:13 AM.
The following users liked this post:
WorkBenzah (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 09:50 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,864 Likes on 2,440 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Massimo Here
Just wondering if my car is considered a sport model because of the front end it is the very reason I bought it in Stuttgart because it was different from most of the other ones I've seen which had the regular grill with no Mercedes logo in it and the star emblem on the hood.

In my opinion this just looks so much more sportier with a sexy front end I love it and I didn't see many of these while I was in stoop guard this is the reason why I bought this one and brought it back to the States!

But if anyone knows does this have a particular name or is it considered a sport model let me know thanks in advance photo below!

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...f2bf2ca1ee.jpg
Yes, that has the sport package or in some countries, they call it amg line, enjoy : )
Old Yesterday | 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Yes, that has the sport package or in some countries, they call it amg line, enjoy : )
Cool and yes it is a AMG, I don't see a lot of them!

Last edited by Massimo Here; Yesterday at 10:26 AM.
Old Yesterday | 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLS 550 2019, 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4

It is the very reason I bought it in Stuttgart because it was different from most of the other ones I saw- which had the regular grill with no Mercedes logo in it and the star emblem on the hood. In my opinion this just looks so much more sportier with a sexy front-end.

If anyone knows if it is considered a sport model- let me know! Thanks in advance :-)

It's looking like the E400, quite unique i must say .
Old Yesterday | 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by WorkBenzah
It's looking like the E400, quite unique i must say .
Thank you, she is sexy! :-)
Old Yesterday | 12:11 PM
Veteran: Army

Received 118 Likes on 83 Posts
W214 E450
Cool and yes it is a AMG, I don't see a lot of them!
There is a big difference between AMG and AMG line. The former is a hand built engine with more HP and performance upgrades all around such as suspension, brakes, wheels, etc. The AMG line is a regular Mercedes-Benz with some appearance upgrades to give it a sportier look but there are no performance upgrades. The typical tell tail sign is the big star in the grill and no hood star for the sport or AMG line.

I personally prefer the luxury look and like the hood star. On my 2025 E50 I have ordered the hood star as all US models are the AMG line and the luxury is not available. I've seen some W213s and W214s with the double star and like the look but if I had my way, I would convert to the luxury grill on my car. I probably will once some other brave owners have tried and confirm it works without issue.
CarFan1 (Yesterday)
Old Today | 09:09 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
E350 2022, GLC300 2020
Talking Very nice indeed

It is the very reason I bought it in Stuttgart because it was different from the ones I saw in the USA- which had the regular grill with no Mercedes logo in it and the star emblem on the hood. In my opinion this just looks so much more sportier with a sexy front-end.

Very nice front end, she is a beauty. Here is my 2022. (classic, USA)

Old Today | 09:14 AM

W214 E450
A little different look for the W214 but similar. All W214 models sold in NA are the AMG line.

Old Today | 09:16 AM

W214 E450
Originally Posted by Jlreyes18

Did you add the hood star? Looks great!
Old Today | 09:20 AM

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts
Porsche Cayman S, Mercedes W213, Nissan Titan, BMW X5, Chevrolet Suburban
It does! I wouldn't have guessed it could look so good.
Old Today | 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Jlreyes18

She's beautiful I like the combination of the Mercedes logo in the grill and the star on top of the hood maybe I'll do that to my car, hopefully I can and there's a slot to add the star on the hood!
Old Today | 09:35 AM

W214 E450
She's beautiful I like the combination of the Mercedes logo in the grill and the star on top of the hood maybe I'll do that to my car, hopefully I can and there's a slot to add the star on the hood!
The flat emblem pops out and the raised hood star takes its place. Easy to install yourself.
Old Today | 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by L1Wolf
The flat emblem pops out and the raised hood star takes its place. Easy to install yourself.

Yeah I just looked at it looks a little bit smaller but I just happened to have an extra star emblem.

But without it somebody can't take it I went to a bar downtown one night with my girlfriend came back and somebody ripped the star right off my hood off my old E-class I wish I would have caught the person doing that I only wish they would be in a world of hurt!!

Last edited by Massimo Here; Today at 09:44 AM.
Old Today | 09:48 AM

W214 E450
Yeah I just looked at it looks a little bit smaller but I just happened to have an extra star emblem.

But without it somebody can't take it I went to a bar downtown one night with my girlfriend came back and somebody ripped the star right off my hood off my old E-class I wish I would have caught the person doing that I only wish they would be in a world of hurt!!
They are not all the same size. You have to get one specific for your car. Check the PN and verify it's for your car. You can call any MB dealership parts dept, give them your VIN, and they can give you the correct PN.
JTK44 (Today)
Old Today | 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by L1Wolf
They are not all the same size. You have to get one specific for your car. Check the PN and verify it's for your car. You can call any MB dealership parts dept, give them your VIN, and they can give you the correct PN.
Yeah I have a dealer's account at Mercedes I was going to do that this one came off an older one