E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

W212 versus 6.5 feet ( 200cm ) wide road

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today | 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 - W212.065 - E400 ( M276.820, 3 liter Turbo) RWD not Hybrid
W212 versus 6.5 feet ( 200cm ) wide road

I suspected some of the roads on this trip will be narrow, but I never expected 200cm ( 6.5 feet ) only per lane.

The so called "big" common SUV in my country.....

So W212 is as wide as Toyota Fortuner and a bit longer A W212 is 4.87 meters vs 4.79 meters for Toyota Fortuner.

A Suzuki mini pick up

------------------------

I was having fun on some village roads, while testing my new AUX lights and I realized how small the road is, some area of the trip.

Below is a Toyota Fortuner on the said road, in front of me

The small pick-up in front of this Toyota Fortuner SUV is a Suzuki Carry pick up with 1.56 meters wide body. Its the same as below :

So this road is probably no more than 200 CM ( 6.5 feet ) , per lane.
I was having trouble avoiding the side grass or pebbles, as they are some more than 10cm lower than the tarmac and my under carriage will get whacked.

I was scouting this area for its fun road with lots of challenging corners to test my Auxillary lights and have a fun drive.
Its via Google Map streetview. I know some is narrow, but dang some is VERY narrow lane.

The trip is South heading in daylight and I will go back home North heading at 6:30 PM so that it will be dark.

Heading there I was being polite and would want to give way due to my car being wider, when and if I see a place I can give way......

I know the opposing black car is already fearful that I will eat into his lane, hence he gave me the high beam light.
This is a tea plantation, this road is even narrower than 200 cm, it seems like 180cm ( 5.9 feet ) per lane.

The car width, excluding side mirrors. Silver is oldie 2015 Toyota Avanza and Blackie is Suzuki APV

I already seen possible clearance on the left, below, I marked in green, where I can have my left tires be on those pebbles.... so I thought

With confidence I rest my left wheel on the pebbles rather fast...... and WTF, the height difference between the tarmac and the pebbles is actually deeper than my ground clearance height !!!
I got visually deceived....duggghh !!! It does not look deep at all. I thought 5CM at best.

Adding insult to injury, the second sound or bump is this little depression, in red color

-----------------

At the least I got some fun time with the corners and the new AUX light test ................

Actually this road if without opposing traffic as in a car, and if no humans crossing the road on blind corners.... is a great road to drive, crazy nice corners.

Old Today | 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
MS! LIGHTS UP THE ROAD...

Surya, your new headlights are absolutely spectacular - Now you have daylight plus the coverage that stock was missing. 🤗

I can imagine how enjoyable it is driving your TT up the mountain roads without the heater offsetting your smooth A/C.

Makes for a really coool video & soundtrack.

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; Today at 06:38 PM.