E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

W212 versus 6.5 feet ( 200cm ) wide road

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today | 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 - W212.065 - E400 ( M276.820, 3 liter Turbo) RWD not Hybrid
W212 versus 6.5 feet ( 200cm ) wide road

I suspected some of the roads on this trip will be narrow, but I never expected 200cm ( 6.5 feet ) only per lane.

The so called "big" common SUV in my country.....

So W212 is as wide as Toyota Fortuner and a bit longer A W212 is 4.87 meters vs 4.79 meters for Toyota Fortuner.

A Suzuki mini pick up

------------------------

I was having fun on some village roads, while testing my new AUX lights and I realized how small the road is, some area of the trip.

Below is a Toyota Fortuner on the said road, in front of me

The small pick-up in front of this Toyota Fortuner SUV is a Suzuki Carry pick up with 1.56 meters wide body. Its the same as below :

So this road is probably no more than 200 CM ( 6.5 feet ) , per lane.
I was having trouble avoiding the side grass or pebbles, as they are some more than 10cm lower than the tarmac and my under carriage will get whacked.

I was scouting this area for its fun road with lots of challenging corners to test my Auxillary lights and have a fun drive.
Its via Google Map streetview. I know some is narrow, but dang some is VERY narrow lane.

The trip is South heading in daylight and I will go back home North heading at 6:30 PM so that it will be dark.

Heading there I was being polite and would want to give way due to my car being wider, when and if I see a place I can give way......

I know the opposing black car is already fearful that I will eat into his lane, hence he gave me the high beam light.
This is a tea plantation, this road is even narrower than 200 cm, it seems like 180cm ( 5.9 feet ) per lane.

The car width, excluding side mirrors. Silver is oldie 2015 Toyota Avanza and Blackie is Suzuki APV

I already seen possible clearance on the left, below, I marked in green, where I can have my left tires be on those pebbles.... so I thought

With confidence I rest my left wheel on the pebbles rather fast...... and WTF, the height difference between the tarmac and the pebbles is actually deeper than my ground clearance height !!!
I got visually deceived....duggghh !!! It does not look deep at all. I thought 5CM at best.

Adding insult to injury, the second sound or bump is this little depression, in red color

-----------------

At the least I got some fun time with the corners and the new AUX light test ................

Actually this road if without opposing traffic as in a car, and if no humans crossing the road on blind corners.... is a great road to drive, crazy nice corners.

Old Today | 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
MS! LIGHTS UP THE ROAD...

Surya, your new headlights are absolutely spectacular - Now you have daylight plus the coverage that stock was missing. 🤗

I can imagine how enjoyable it is driving your TT up the mountain roads without the heater offsetting your smooth A/C.

Makes for a really coool video & soundtrack.

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; Today at 06:38 PM.
Old Today | 09:13 PM

W212 E300 2010
Ouch, I hope your car is OK.... that sounds hurts mine too

Why the fortuner turn on the hazards tho.... just regular lights should be OK.

btw, that condition should be the perfect use of ILS.... or even auto hi beam, pitch black, no other lights.... but wow the high beam is crazy hahahah