GLE63s, GLE63, GLE53 AMG SUV & Coupe (W166, W167) 2015 - Present (Two generations)

Successful Headlight Upgrade 21 -> 24

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday | 05:58 PM

EQS AMG
Successful Headlight Upgrade 21 -> 24

For anyone debating moving away from the 2021 through 2023 headlights, I can confirm it is a simple plug and play exercise. No wiring or coding required. The old plug fits directly into the new headlights.
I also moved to the European lights without the amber reflector. The front looks so much more updated and clean now.

The first few shots have the old light on the right and new light on the left. The final shot are new lights on each side.
Just sharing for those considering to.

The following 2 users liked this post by Sizzle24:
jaxslk (Yesterday), wildta (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLE 580
Originally Posted by Sizzle24
For anyone debating moving away from the 2021 through 2023 headlights, I can confirm it is a simple plug and play exercise. No wiring or coding required. The old plug fits directly into the new headlights.
I also moved to the European lights without the amber reflector. The front looks so much more updated and clean now.

The first few shots have the old light on the right and new light on the left. The final shot are new lights on each side.
Thanks for letting us know. What was the total cost of new lights and install? Does ILS+ still function normally? Do the new euro lights turn with curves?

Last edited by wildta; Yesterday at 06:11 PM.
Old Yesterday | 06:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...7ea1ff07d.jpeg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...20443a465.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...20f564032.jpeg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...65f467299.jpeg
Looks good, I actually like both styles. Others although will prefer the pre-facelift with the two strips indicating it is an E-Class. Glad to hear you like the facelift style as well.
Old Yesterday | 06:42 PM

EQS AMG
Originally Posted by wildta
Thanks for letting us know. What was the total cost of new lights and install? Does ILS+ still function normally? Do the new euro lights turn with curves?
I got the new lights used on Ebay for $1000 each.
Install was $350 and took about an hour and a half.

Install was done by Vivid Headlight in SoCal

I will confirm tonight on the ILS features, but I also have RJ teed up to do some coding for me and they confirmed they can.
I will report back.

Last edited by Sizzle24; Yesterday at 06:47 PM.
Old Yesterday | 06:45 PM

EQS AMG
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Looks good, I actually like both styles. Others although will prefer the pre-facelift with the two strips indicating it is an E-Class. Glad to hear you like the facelift style as well.
The headlights were the one thing I didn't like about the car.
For whatever reason it looks "buck toothed" because of how the dual lines look with the shape of the vehicle.

My S-Class had the 3 bars and it looked super sexy.
The bars for me just don't work on this vehicle.

Good times!
Old Yesterday | 06:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

The headlights were the one thing I didn't like about the car.
For whatever reason it looks "buck toothed" because of how the dual lines look with the shape of the vehicle.

My S-Class had the 3 bars and it looked super sexy.
The bars for me just don't work on this vehicle.

Good times!
Understood, glad you like the newer style better.
Old Yesterday | 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLE 580
I got the new lights used on Ebay for $1000 each.
Install was $350 and took about an hour and a half.

Install was done by Vivid Headlight in SoCal

I will confirm tonight on the ILS features, but I also have RJ teed up to do some coding for me and they confirmed they can.
I will report back.
I'd also be interested to hear if they can accommodate the additional brightness that ECE lights offer (13% I think) vs SAE. RJ has reported flickering issues with SAE. Thanks!

I'm on SoCal and I Googled that truck so great if everything checks out, I might consider this for curves and additional brightness. I actually prefer pre-facelift DRLs but brightness and curve function outweigh it (for safety reasons while driving at night).

Last edited by wildta; Yesterday at 07:03 PM.

Trending Topics

Old Yesterday | 11:17 PM

EQS AMG
Conformed all ILS features are working.
It may just be my brain, but the lights seem NOTICEABLY brighter.

Check out the dance at :07 of this video. It's the high beams activating automatically.
What isn't captured is the dimming and brightening of specific areas as you drive. Really cool stuff.

Old Today | 07:50 AM
Out Of Control!!

Conformed all ILS features are working.
It may just be my brain, but the lights seem NOTICEABLY brighter.

Check out the dance at :07 of this video. It's the high beams activating automatically.
What isn't captured is the dimming and brightening of specific areas as you drive. Really cool stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me1bSznMMk4
Very nice, I don't think it is just you, I did read (but forgot where) that the facelift headlights are brighter than pre-facelift.