SL-Class (R129) 1990-2002: SL 280, SL 300, SL 320, SL 500, SL 600, SL 60 AMG

SL/R129: Wheels question... or request... or question... or both... or just one of the two.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 02:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Wheels question... or request... or question... or both... or just one of the two.

Okay, I've been looking for new rims for a while. A main factor is price. Well whatever, onto the request/question at hand... There are 3 sets of rims I am interested in so lemme ask them below along with the request/question for each.

1- One of my favorite rims of all... looks HOT! The Brabus VI, of course I am looking at replicas. But have any of you guys/gals slapped these onto your R129? Offsets used? Spacers used? Do you have a pic of the rims on the SL? Does any one have a pic of them on an R129? I'm thinking 18's but 19's are appealing to me a lot.

2- OEM option is the 18" thin 5 spoke AMG's off the R230. I've been told that these can be used without spacers, but then other say spacers are required. Anyone have these on their R129? Pic would be great too (and no I don't like tirerack's pic, no offense to tirerack, great place, I just wanna see the actual rims on an actual car)

3- Another OEM option, the 17" thin 5 spokes off the CLK. Also been told these are direct bolt ons to the SL (confirmed by luke of tirerack). But I would like to know if any of you R129 owners rock these rims on your car? I am just worried about going from a 8.25 inch rim in the front to a measling 7.5 inch rim. Anyone have some opinions on this?

So if any of you guys/gals can aid me in any of the requests made above, that would be superfantabulous!

-murdizzle