SL-Class (R129) 1990-2002: SL 280, SL 300, SL 320, SL 500, SL 600, SL 60 AMG

SL/R129: Zero to One-Sixty Suicide Run

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EsEl
Not that I am up for 160mph runs but am curious if anyone else has used a jammer vs. a radar and do they work?

Experience / recommendations?
First read this:
http://www.radarjammer.com/

then consider this one:
http://www.radarjammer.com/most-fail...ar-jammers.htm

in combination with any of this one:
http://www.radarjammer.com/most-fail...er-jammers.htm

Last edited by Asset; 08-09-2006 at 08:09 AM. Reason: :)
Old 08-09-2006, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by EsEl
Not that I am up for 160mph runs but am curious if anyone else has used a jammer vs. a radar and do they work?

Experience / recommendations?
It is all about a "gaming theory". you never know what kind of a radar is used by a particular cop. Of cource the bets are in your favour, because the top line ACTIVE jammers really jam 86.6% (13 out of 15) types of beams aimed at your car.

want to bet, try it If I was to drive in US I won't do so.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 222 Likes on 173 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by tipds
C43AMG, is that Space Ghost as your picture?! Man, I used to be hooked on that toon. Thanks for the memory.

Tip DS
That is Racer X from the original Speed Racer series. Great show, man do I feel 6 years old again.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:16 PM

SL500 2001 Formula 1 Edition;
Originally Posted by tipds
Joe, a detector is a nice passive way of getting notice that you are about to get jailed. It's illegal almost everywhere, but may I suggest that everyone doing these things get a jammer, like mine? Sure, smokey will know you're really hauling-it, but they can't write a ticket based on that. I have yet to get one, and I have flown past some fuzz. I don't make a habit out of it, but it's great protection to have a jammer for the odd occasion.

Tip DS
A few comments on this:

1. Radar detector is NOT illegal in California.

2. I belive that radar jammers are highly illegal in every state (Federal law that you can't broadcast without an FCC license).

3. My radar detector has saved me from a few tickets. For those of you who want to know, it is one of the top of the line Belltronics. I think there are other brands that are a little better, but I wanted one I could buy in a brick and mortor store rather than mail order. I am very happy with it. Of course, on occasion I have had to slow down for false alarms. Not 100% protection, but NOTHING is, not even a jammer. (They can still clock you the old fashioned way, if they can keep up, and boy do they get pissed if they think you attempted to out run them).

4. By the way, in California, in the desert at least, they can clock you from the sky in an airplane. Jammer does nothing to stop that.

5. More advice that applies in California: A. In theory, they can haul you to jail for anything over 100 mph; B. I know someone who got a ticker for 113 mph -- $1030 fine. OUCH. I think the minimum for 100 plus is $750. I think you can get a jammer for that amount.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:21 AM

Journalist on a UK car magazine (I forget which) went to jail in the US when caught testing the new BMW Z4 M Roadster with too much brio. (The Z4 is made in the USA and was launched there.)
Old 08-16-2006, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
ha......showoff......... Thanks for the great VDO Tipds........