SL-Class (R129) 1990-2002: SL 280, SL 300, SL 320, SL 500, SL 600, SL 60 AMG

SL/R129: Mercedes SL 350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL350 R230 and S320Cdi
Mercedes SL 350

I have a MB 350 SL automatc 2004. I bought it new and have had nothing but difficulty with it. Wiring had to be replaced after a few weeks and then the transmission gave me trouble. It began to stick in first gear moving from a stationery position on occasions. Dealer said it was my imagination until I went away on holidays and returned after a few weeks to discover a pool of transmissionoil under the car. Dealer said it was only a minor leak and fitted a new gasket and filled it up and returned it to me. I couldnt believe it . He assured me that there should be no problems any more. Then the following week the gear jammed again and that bwas that and I returned it to the dealer and told him to stuff the car. I am now suing the dealer and you wouldnt believe the arrogance that I am encountering. I need help from someone who has had similar problems with their transmission and would welcome hearing from you. Can anyone help out there?
Old 02-23-2007, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
^^^ try post it on the R230 forums....... maybe they be able to help you...... good luck.....
Old 02-26-2007, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL500 2001 Formula 1 Edition;
I don't know how things work in Ireland, but sometimes when you have problems with a car dealership in the USA, if you contact the distributer/import company, they will try to help negotiate a settlement and sometimes even kick in some money to help with repairs.

Have you tried that?

Also, in California we have what are called "lemon laws" -- under certain circumstances the dealer must refund your money or give you a new car if the one you have is a lemon. (slang for bad car)