SL-Class (R129) 1990-2002: SL 280, SL 300, SL 320, SL 500, SL 600, SL 60 AMG

SL/R129: updated info on f&cked up clear plastic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2003 | 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 c55, 08 600rr
updated info on f&cked up clear plastic

yesterday, i spent about an hour and a half at my dealership. i was picking up the car, did b service, flush vitals, etc, and some warranty work.

long story short, i kept complaining aout the service there. i neede to replace my side view mirror because the dimming feature was messed up. the service adivosr originally stated that he could not "see" that it was yellow, then when i got there, he said it was normal. i grabbed the service manager and chewed him out about how unqualified his employees were, how poorly managed his service center was and i drifted the "discussion" to how a $120k with 20k miles has a rear window you can't see out of.

bottom line this is what i found out. these parts, along with any thing on your car is replaceable on warranty, i mean anything, with the approval of the factory rep.

the way i swung it was that the service manager agreed that anyone, factory rep, service advisor, service manager, would agree that a car that costs that much should not have such problems.

they are replacing a bunch of other minor things.
Old 02-06-2003 | 11:41 PM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

Received 3,349 Likes on 2,067 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
If you can get it replaced by Mercedes for free, by any means go for it!

I have had a case where a I needed a part replaced ($800 including labor) on a S500 with 75,000 miles on it. Clearly out of warranty, but my point was the same; you don't spend that much money for a car and have fundamental issues with it.

The service manager made a call and the cost of the repair was fully taken care of...

Wolfman