SL-Class (R129) 1990-2002: SL 280, SL 300, SL 320, SL 500, SL 600, SL 60 AMG

SL/R129: Sl74 for sale in Canada

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 02:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes c55 AMG
Sl74 for sale in Canada

Hello, everyone I have come across an add on craigslist and, I thought It was a very rare find.(I am not the owner). I would just like to ask you guys what do you think the car is worth?. It is a Sl74 with 85000km, no accidents and probably the only one made in Canada. Here's the ad http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/4748627162.html
Old 12-07-2014, 10:52 PM

1991 500SL
Nice looking SL. You could buy two regular R129's for that price though. Not sure how collectible they will ever be.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:54 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
'98 R129 SL500 Sport
I have been trying to pry information out of this guy (VIN, original owner) so I can send it on to RennTech for verification but he won't tell me anything at all about the car, which tends to tell me a great deal about the seller, all bad I suspect. Pity, I would rather like to buy the car if it is real. If it is real it would be a monster!
Old 12-28-2014, 08:04 PM

Renntech SL74 , SL600
it is a real monster

Sorry bud..... i am a member here and car is the real deal but i have had about 100 enquiries sight unseen askin the same questions. I Dont want renntech getting 100 calls from 100 different tire kickers.... plus i prefer local sale hence the low price....car was appraised at $50k and i want half of that.....i will not ship the car without local prepayment with verified funds....so i really just prefer a local sale in person.........
Old 03-09-2015, 02:10 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
'98 R129 SL500 Sport
Unhappy Update

Quick update: I tried pretty hard to deal with this vendor, I arranged for a bank transfer of funds to Canada and met all his requirements including a face-to-face local sale (I was going to fly up there, meet him and pay him and then drive the car back to Texas) but he would resolutely not supply the VIN number so I came to the conclusion that the car must have had a bad history - why else would the vendor withhold the VIN when I was offering (effectively) cash? I made inquiries of collectors and the feel that I got was that this particular car had been in a wreck in the US and had been been badly repaired and then sold to Canada on a salvage title. I guess that I will never know the truth. This was "the one that got away".

Last edited by Roscoe52; 03-09-2015 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-09-2015, 02:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,065 Likes on 1,440 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Shady....
Old 05-15-2015, 06:42 PM

Renntech SL74 , SL600
haha clown talkin through his azz

bad assumption, clean title car, have carfax and car proof. Ad has always said prefer local sale....canadian banks can't guarantee us drafts or cashiers cheques..sorry but i dont feel like hunting anyone down in texas or where ever if your out of country draft goes sour a month or 2 later, even the currency exchange places here dont take them so why should i.......i still have the car, love it, amazing car for an amazing price, if somone serious wants to buy it locally they can get all the info before they buy but with over 100 out of country calls all the way from the us to germany and even russia and isreal....i dont need to supply the info to all of those im not gonna be selling it to... and thats not to mention all the locals that call with no money just wanting go for a joy ride. its a Serious car for a serious buyer......other wise im good keeping it, had if for years already anyway, as you can see i dont need the money and im in no rush to sell it. weathers gettin better here so takin it out of storage soon, look for it at the local car shows, then you can look at it........without buying it.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:20 PM

BMW B7
SL74

Local Buyer in Osoyoos BC.

Do you still have the car?

Cheers David
Old 05-21-2015, 08:16 PM

1993 AMG 500SL
when the seller calls a buyer "haha clown talkin through his azz" probably good that he wants a local sale.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:33 AM

Renntech SL74 , SL600
sorry david SL74 sold to local buyer, he is in the high performance custom build business and SL500 owner, I do have a 1997 SL600 with factory amg body and panoramic glass roof in brilliant silver. if the purchaser of my SL74 doesn't buy it aswell I will be selling it.

Last edited by okumokum; 06-23-2015 at 05:38 AM.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:04 AM

Renntech SL74 , SL600
lack of a better word

Originally Posted by nosaint
when the seller calls a buyer "haha clown talkin through his azz" probably good that he wants a local sale.
when someone starts bad mouthing a car basically making up false stories assumptions and lies in a public forum, what would you call the guy? just because he wants to force me to accept an out of country payment that my bank advises me not to and my bank also tells me they cannot guarantee that type of funds, I refuse to accept his payment so he makes up stories about my car. I went out of my way and held the car for him for a few weeks while I waited for him to arrange verified funds and fly up and purchase in person face to face....just as I did for a few others before him and after him that asked me to hold it for them while they made arrangements to fly in, but all never did.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:59 AM

1997 500 sl brabus edition and a white sl 74 renntech
Hi just thought I'd introduce myself I'm the new owner of that sweet sl74 renntech ! I called and verified all information on this car and it's the real deal! Great seller! even found original recipient in car! My 22 month old boy was vrooming in the driveway. And my buddy who likes newer sl wants to buy it off me! Lol car sounds like turn 2 at indy! My wife thinks I'm crazy so I know today was a good day! Got my dream car made a new friend pissed off the wife and will be buying silver 600 in a couple days ! Karma can be pretty cool sometimes!
Um can you tell I just bought the " beast " I mean best treat in the candy store?!?
Thank you for an awesome car ! !!!!!!!!!! Where is the infinity sign?

Gotta go kid might wake up soon have to get some milk guess I should renn to the store! I think the Safeway in whistler is open...
nice to meet you all see you at the gas station
Old 06-23-2015, 07:04 AM

1997 500 sl brabus edition and a white sl 74 renntech
Bought a unicorn in Surrey lol

[QUOTE=Sl74guylol;6474008]Hi just thought I'd introduce myself I'm the new owner of that sweet sl74 renntech ! I called and verified all information on this car and it's the real deal! Great seller! even found original recipient in car! My 22 month old boy was vrooming in the driveway. And my buddy who likes newer sl wants to buy it off me! Lol car sounds like turn 2 at indy! My wife thinks I'm crazy so I know today was a good day! Got my dream car made a new friend pissed off the wife and will be buying silver 600 in a couple days ! Karma can be pretty cool sometimes!
Um can you tell I just bought the " beast " I mean best treat in the candy store?!?
Thank you for an awesome car ! !!!!!!!!!! Where is the infinity sign?
T
Gotta go kid might wake up soon have to get some milk guess I should renn to the store! I think the Safeway in whistler is open...
nice to meet you all see you at the gas station