SL-Class (R129) 1990-2002: SL 280, SL 300, SL 320, SL 500, SL 600, SL 60 AMG

SL/R129: Infra red remote control central locking R129

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 05:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
500 SL 1991 (R129)
Infra red remote control central locking R129

Hello everyone,I post this message to possibly have some help from other members.I have the following problem:I have a Mercedes 500SL (R129) year 1991 1991 with original Infra-red central door locking with original remote controls (I have them all two).I get my doors open and close with the keys (central locking works) but not with the remote control.I have tried the pairing procedure several times according to instruction booklet but still do not work with the remote controls.I have already gone a long way further.If I put one of the 2 keys in the ignition switch with ignition position “ON” (first position or second position does not matter) then the Infra-red remote control works with the other key and with the ignition on “ON” and also with ignition on “OFF”, as long as I leave the key in the ignition switch.As soon as I remove the key from the ignition lock (then you hear a "click" in the ignition lock), the infra-red remote control will no longer work.I also measured the current on the different pins (18 pins, 3 rows of 9 pins) on the plug that comes on the central door locking module (in the boot, above the battery), both with ignition on “ON” and also with ignition on “OFF” (with key removed from the ignition lock) and there I have exactly 12 volts on the same pins, both with ignition on “ON” and also on “OFF”.What could it be?However, I also mention that my ignition lock is a bit loose in the dashboard hole (with the round ring around it). Do not know if this can have an influence, ...Who has knowledge of this?Thanks in advance !

Kind regards

Tim

Old 08-23-2018, 06:44 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
94 SL 600, 98 993, 89 XJS Conv., 85 Daimlier Princess 16 Hybrid Lincoln 16 Chevy crewcab
I recall that the key system is a current demand all the time, ( like the alarm ) and your story sounds like only when the key is in the ignition, ( opening the starting pathway ) does the door lock system get activated. Maybe a short in the infra-red loop with the battery?