SL-Class (R129) 1990-2002: SL 280, SL 300, SL 320, SL 500, SL 600, SL 60 AMG

SL/R129: FUSE list / chart for 92 500SL needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2018 | 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL500
FUSE list / chart for 92 500SL needed

does anyone have a chart, list, or document that shows which fuses services what devices and or circuits ? --
..the owners manual is useless when it comes to real information for DIY MB owners -- other than "see your mercedes benz sealership" .
Old 11-05-2018 | 04:01 PM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
94 SL 600, 98 993, 89 XJS Conv., 85 Daimlier Princess 16 Hybrid Lincoln 16 Chevy crewcab
So the list I look at, as has been accurate is the card within the plastic cover of the fuse areas. the trunk as 6 or 7 fuses ( bullet aluminum )
The area under the hood on the driver side( in Kansas) also has a list in the cover ( lots of fuses in that coffin )
Old 11-05-2018 | 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL500
Originally Posted by SRHsl600
So the list I look at, as has been accurate is the card within the plastic cover of the fuse areas. the trunk as 6 or 7 fuses ( bullet aluminum )
The area under the hood on the driver side( in Kansas) also has a list in the cover ( lots of fuses in that coffin )
I wouldnt be asking if the fuse charts were here --
..most of the plastic covers in the engine compartment are missing, no fuse covers front or rear either, the body of the car is in near excellent condition, except for a few light scuffs on the hard top from not being protected while it was in storage for over 19 years in the corner of the previous owners garage, it being an arizona car, the hard top was hardly ever used and was covered in thick dirt and dust when it came out of storage, I cleaned it off and put it on now for the first time in over 10 years, but the interior has not been taken care of and is filthy .. and the previous owner, just drove it and didnt take good care of it as it was given to him by his older sister who lived in arizona at one time, He had his small grand kids in the area behind the seats often and the carpeting is covered in filth and pulled away from its broken plastic clips from being worked on previously and never replaced properly ..

who ever repaired this car previously left a lot of things off because they were constantly working on it, and the parts got lost b/c they never got put back on .. I just took the wheels off the car today to clean very much black magnetic dust out/off of the ABS sensors - but the wheel bolts were on so tight that several of them snapped off and the threads stretched from the dealer using an impact wrench taking them off and putting them back on probably when new tires were put on it 15 years ago or more. and the brake pads also need replacing, and the front tires are completely bald on the inside of the tire with bare threads showing .. this car was never well maintained, but only driven -- the trans was rebuilt 5 years ago -- but the trans fluid was way low, the dipstick was bone dry, about 2 inches low of ATF, the power steering pump resevoir was half full, the brake fluid reservoir was almost empty, the oil hadnt been changed in 5 years, as the previous owner only drove it to his work only in the summer a few miles away from where he lives, so in the last 5 years not even 5,000 miles was put on the car. he was just as negligent with his other vehicles and had to put an new engine in a new blazer that was only a few years old because he never changed the original engine oil, and burned up a power steering pump on another car because he never checked the reservoirs fluids. etc. you get the picture.
Old 11-12-2018 | 07:30 PM

94 SL 600, 98 993, 89 XJS Conv., 85 Daimlier Princess 16 Hybrid Lincoln 16 Chevy crewcab
sorry for the smart *** answer. I have owned a few neglected vehicles, and maybe even abused a few too!
I don't have a R 129 currently except for the 600, but the fuse list seems the same as ones owned in the past.
White 8 amp fuses are : 1, parking tail light right warning buzzer lighting back playte, instrument cluster control elements headlight cleaning
2 fog lights
3 parking and tail light left
4 proximity switch/control unit seat adjustment ( mirror and jacket tube adjustment ) 16 Amp red fuse
5 stop lamp instrument cluster front roof light, bulb control unit cruise control seat belt warning.
6 relay left safety package, backup lamp, horn, power soft top control unit ( fan fare horns, outside temp guage.
7 climate control system, heating water valves, water pump relay auxillary fan, Term.86
8 relay right safety package, outside mirror heater washer system, roll bar sensor ( infrared remote control )
9 Diagnostic trem.6, hazzard warning system, turn signal lamp, clock, front roof light, legroom lights, ( radio, mirror sun visor lights)
10 residual engine heat storage system
11 wipe/wash system, combination relay, headlamp flasher,relay headlamp cleaning system ( 16 Amp red fuse )
Old 11-12-2018 | 08:03 PM

The second part of the fuse list, as taken from the actual card placed in the fuse coffin lid.
12 cigar lighter, glove box compartmentlight, relay comfort circurity term.86 storage compartment lamp
13 low beam left
14 low beam right
15 high beam left
16 high beam right, high beam indicator
A radio
B electromagnetic air pump clutch, A/C compressor clutch, kick down solenoid valve/aut. transmission
C (door lights sound system, CD player )
D ( seat heating) 16Amp red fuse
E and F front seat adjustment 25 Amp blue fuse
G and H ( auxiliary heater) 8 amp and 16 amp
When I get to the vehicle again I will copy the trunk fuse area
Old 11-12-2018 | 08:22 PM

The rear compartment fuse list is short but often the fuses to check first for RST problems
1 window lift left 16 Amp red fuse
2 window lift right 16 Amp red fuse
3 Power soft top control unit and solenoid valves 16 Amp red fuse
4 roll bar control unit and solenoid, electric seat belt locking 8 amp white fuse
5 open no fuse
6 Trunk light, central locking system control unit, ( auto. antenna, infrared remote control unit ) 8 amp white fuse
7 Hydraulic unit power soft top ( note this is a 30 Amp fuse )
so now you have a fuse list from a 94 SL600 built for the USA. good luck with the information.
Old 11-13-2018 | 02:51 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
R129.067 (500SL '93)
The attached PDF is from a car built late 1992 for the German home market. Observe the Base Module or Overvoltage Protection Relay have a few additional blade fuses.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
R129_MY1993_fuse_chart.pdf (86.0 KB, 1097 views)

Last edited by Pazo; 11-13-2018 at 04:05 AM.
Old 06-21-2020 | 04:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mercedes r129 500 SL and 2019 volvo V90
hi all

I've decided to change the fuses in my 1992 r129 500SL as im sure they are still the original aluminium ones! I had an issue with soft top and when I went to check fuses it crumbled in my hands.

Ordered copper ones and have arrived.
Problem is I have the fuse diagrams but in the rear boot fuse tray I have a 25a blue one at position 5 and no idea what it is. its not noted on card but going by the shape it shouldn't be 25a.

Also how do i change number 7?
I have 8a, 16a and 25a in copper and also some ceramic 40a. Are the 40a even needed? It says 30a which I don't have.