SL/R129: 92 500SL window stuck half way

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2022, 11:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300CE, SL500
92 500SL window stuck half way

Hello all,

New to the forum but having just purchased a 92 500SL sight unseen I expect to spend many sleepless nights on here.
Car I purchased looks good from far but far from good. Had it inspected before delivery and window was working fine, somewhere in between delivery the window must have been lowered and is now stuck in the half way position. Car currently has the hardtop on and battery is dead.

Having done some digging online it seems that it could be one of many reasons. I've pulled off the wood trim to reveal the wires going to the power window control switch. There are 5 wires underneath but only 4 connected to the switch. There is a grey wire just hanging there not connected to anything. I have been unable to find a wiring switch diagram. The passenger side only has 4 wires and all connected to the switch. Does anyone know what the 5th drivers side wire would be for? Also I should be trying to get the window up?

At the moment car is parked elsewhere, I will be taking some photos of wiring next time I go there.

Thank you all in advance.