SL-Class (R129) 1990-2002: SL 280, SL 300, SL 320, SL 500, SL 600, SL 60 AMG

SL/R129: Immobilizer issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2023, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sl500 1996
Immobilizer issues

I'm in need of some guidence / advice. My 1996 Sl500s immobilizer has been armed and is not letting me start the engine. I've had this issue before and I've got an automotive electrician to resynchronize the key fob with the security system in the vehicle. I've been able to start the car for the last couple months no problem. I haven't locked the car or messed with the immobilizer and key fob since getting it fixed and never had any issues starting the car. My brother a couple days ago unknowingly locked and unlocked the trunk with the key and armed the system, leaving us stranded in a parking lot for an hour. After trying to resynchronize it with the two button clicks and putting the key in the ignition, I tried to manually connect the circuit in the fuel pump relay to be able to get fuel to the rails both with no luck. As an last effort attempt I tried to lock and unlock the driver's door and somehow she started right up. The trunk had remained locked and once I got home, I had unlocked the trunk to get some stuff out and now I'm back to my car being immobilized. I've read through many forums and tried countless tricks to by pass the system or resync it, tried the exact same procedure with the drivers side door ect and no luck at all. Im almost positive that I'm going to have to get the key resynchronized at the stealership but if I can avoid the tow and a couple hundred bucks just to get my car to start that would be a dream come through. I was able to by pass the other day so I belive I might be able to do it again. If anyone has some pointers or a couple other methods of bypassing that I can try that would be more than greatly appreciated! Cheers.