SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: She found a new home...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spyker C8, MB ML63 AMG, land rover
Originally Posted by LovinSL600
Yesterday I ordered the new 2006 Jaguar Super V8 Portfolio. There will be 150 brought in the USA for 2006. Performance is 0-60 in 5 seconds. For a car this size it is fast.
Love that car...how much is base?
Old 05-16-2005, 08:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
Originally Posted by swisstrader
Hey, no time for crybabies...you dish it out across this forum, and now you cry about it other people beatin on you?...can't have it both ways chief
im not cryin, i just find it amusing that you spend so much time following me around...im actually flattered. ha, you loser!
Old 05-16-2005, 10:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
2023 760i and 2023 EQS580V4
Thumbs up Only one way...

Love that car...how much is base?
The car only comes one way, no options, it is already fully loaded. You get the choice of two colors. A gold which is taking the place of their Topaz color or Black Cherry which will be a color exlcusive only to the Super V8 Portflio. I ordered the Black Cherry.

They don't have the final price yet but expect it to be around $110,000 to $115,000.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:25 AM

'08 E63 - P 30, 66GT 350 (sold)
color combos and customization?

Originally Posted by StephenK
The dealer I am working with was trying to get me to get an SL65 instead of an SL600, my problem was that I wanted a stone interior. I have a Jack Russell with a lot of white hair and he sheds, black interior would not be to good with that hair. The dealer said they can request one to be built with a stone interior. You may want to check that out for the 55. No guarantees, but it is worth a look into.
When I was at the AMG school in Vegas I spoke with the Prod Marketing Mgr from AMG. He told me they are putting together a custom order program (exterior color selection) but it would not apply to interiors. Apparantly and this sounds bizarre, they need to crash test each different interior configuration so that is why there is a limited number of interior combos. I believe it has to do with the steering wheel and a AMG is different- maybe the button shifters? I can't understand why an AMG with Stone would behave differently than a SL500. But then again when it comes to automotive regulations on two continents, stranger things probably happen!

Keep me posted about your interior color and if you get the SL65 w/ Stone.

Cheers
Old 05-16-2005, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by VinceB
When I was at the AMG school in Vegas I spoke with the Prod Marketing Mgr from AMG. He told me they are putting together a custom order program (exterior color selection) but it would not apply to interiors. Apparantly and this sounds bizarre, they need to crash test each different interior configuration so that is why there is a limited number of interior combos. I believe it has to do with the steering wheel and a AMG is different- maybe the button shifters? I can't understand why an AMG with Stone would behave differently than a SL500. But then again when it comes to automotive regulations on two continents, stranger things probably happen!

Cheers
Correct me if I am wrong but aren't we only talking about colors here and not actual configuration?

It is not like they don't have the material available. Never understood why Europe got their choice of so many more interior and exterior colors.

Yes, keep us posted and good luck.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:56 PM

03 E500
Originally Posted by VinceB

Cheers
If it is Mercedes, I have no problem beliving they actually crash test teach interior configurations or whatever color combos just to make sure it is safe. and no trim pieces will pop out and poke somebody.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:26 PM

Spyker C8, MB ML63 AMG, land rover
Originally Posted by LovinSL600
The car only comes one way, no options, it is already fully loaded. You get the choice of two colors. A gold which is taking the place of their Topaz color or Black Cherry which will be a color exlcusive only to the Super V8 Portflio. I ordered the Black Cherry.

They don't have the final price yet but expect it to be around $110,000 to $115,000.
Black Cherry...even the name is killer.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Smile Had no choice..

Black Cherry...even the name is killer.
Hey, I had to pick the Black Cherry as it was a omen.

My new Vanquish S is Meteorite Silver outside color with the main interior leather being black but the secondary leather environment on the doors, seats and carpeting is...guess what...Black Cherry.

How is that for coinscidence?