SL/R230: Another happy MB customer...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
2023 760i and 2023 EQS580V4
Old saying...

I think the old saying goes that you attract more bees with honey than with vinegar.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:27 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2001 viper rt-10, 2007 SL65
so tru

Originally Posted by LovinSL600
I think the old saying goes that you attract more bees with honey than with vinegar.
lovin
, you been talkin to my mother? we all can only speak to our own experiences.
mine are thus. at 30,000mi. i stopped by lexus of kearny mesa to arrange for my service and to have the latch on my console fixed. i also requested they check out my seat belt latch. it had become sticky. i ws informed by the advisor the part for my console would have to be ordered. 4 to 5 weeks later they called to schedule service and my part was in. i took the car in. the tires were replaced and they didn"t have my size in stock. they kept the car three days. i received a message my car was ready. i arrived at 7a.m., there was a person in front of me, and the cashier asked me to hae a seat in the lounge. i read the sports page when i looke up he cashier was gone. i looked for and found her. she asked for my name and informed me my advisor had not yet completed my paperwork. i now took a seat in the loaner car to read the rest of the paper and have a cigarette. the cashier told me they would let me know when my paperwork was ready. after an hour, i was asked to move the loaner car. i was now irritated. i had to stand in line to see the cashier again. she told me my paperwork was still unfinished. my patience was at an end. they then called in matt, my service advisor, and only then was i informed the broken latch to my console had not yet been replaced. matt did it himself. 30 minutes later i had my car and was off to work. when i arrived home, i tried to open the console. IT DIDN'T WORK! that saturday, i drove back to the dealership. i saw a couple of mechanics in the garage and explained my problem to them. they were kind enough to inspect my console, and told me the hing was broken. replacing the latch would do no good without replacing the hinge. when i took my car back 3 mos. later, things went from bad to worse. i will NEVER take my car to them again. conrast this experience with mb of escondido. my wife was driving to irvine. she was behind an suv that was following a large construction truck. the suv changed lanes and she was immediately buffeted wit material she thought to be gravel at the time. when i looked at the car that evening there were whitish-gray spots all over the front of the car. they would not wash off. my concern was, our new car had been ruined. i knew rubbing compound was out. claying had been spoken of on these boards. i could not find clay, so i went to mb of escondido. they did not carry it in their car care line i asked rick, a serviceadvisor where i could get it. he cautioned me against using the wrong clay and not applying it correctly. he then asked me to bring it in and he would sen it to his detailers no charge. that was yesterday. my car is now spot free and perfect again. the experiences ar not comparable, but they are real and they are contemporaneous.