SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Finally...got an SL600 today!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
360 Spider
Originally Posted by LovinSL600
There is another possibility.

Mercedes Benz has a program for cars that have been damaged upon shipping from Germany.

They are repaired and then subsidized to the dealer and sold at a greatly reduced price.

I wonder if this car was part of that program?
Lovin, Lovin, Lovin....I guess I have no words anymore for such a tool. I guess you can't accept the fact that you overpaid for your SL600 & then sold it at a $50,000 loss...great job...do you want to manage my portfolio? Just accept that I was in the right place at the right time and let me enjoy my new car. You are such a buzzkill...you have to be a female, I don't know of any male who would act so ridiculous. Don't you realize that if a corporate owned dealer sold a damaged car without disclosing it that would constitute fraud? Don't you think it would show on CARFAX? Can you imagine the legal ramifications of not disclosing said damage. God, you are such a tool.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:05 PM

360 Spider
Originally Posted by MerzadY_BoY
I don't think CLKfiftyfive deserves all the rude remarks that are getting thrown at him....
Thank you MerzadY_BoY, do you believe some of these people? I feel like I'm in the twilight zone!!!
Old 12-13-2005, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
2023 760i and 2023 EQS580V4
Originally Posted by ///CLKfiftyfive
Don't you realize that if a corporate owned dealer sold a damaged car without disclosing it that would constitute fraud? Don't you think it would show on CARFAX? Can you imagine the legal ramifications of not disclosing said damage. God, you are such a tool.
You are not correct as I have had this discussion with Mercedes Benz Zone Managers and through my lawyers with the Chief Legal Counsel of Mercedes Benz in Montvale.

They do not consider the car out of their control until it has been shipped to the dealer. They consider anything that happens to the car between the time it hits the factory line until the time it leaves the VPC in the USA to be "factory".

When they have damaged cars and repaint them, as long as it is done at the VPC, they consider it “factory” and do not disclose this.

I remind you I am adamantly against this and feel it is incorrect but I know for a fact Mercedes conducts its business this way.

When I ordered one of my recent Mercedes it was held at the VPC for repairs. It took lawyers and threatening them with legal action in order to get the answer that whatever was wrong with my car was not paint related. Other than that, they wouldn't tell us what was wrong with the car. Quite frankly, I have personally found them to actually lie about these things on more than one occasion.

What makes them put cars into the program I have no idea but I do know such a program exists.

Do not think for a second that you know everything about what happened to your car. I assure you their idea of what needs to be disclosed and what you might think (and I would agree with you) are miles apart.

I know this from personal experience.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I guess you can't accept the fact that you overpaid for your SL600 & then sold it at a $50,000 loss...great job...
I have noticed that there are alot of jealous people in the world. Most of the haters on this thead are jealous that they could not get such a smoking deal and paid MSRP for theirs.

Don't sweat me because I am the Master Negotiator!
The difference between you and me is that you spent huge amounts of time looking for the last penny. I never even thought about it.

When I sold my 2005 SL600 I had over $5,000 in SL spare parts sitting in my garage. Without him asking I just gave him these parts for free because I wanted his SL600 experience with my car to be a positive one. I do recognize that you would have extracted his first born for these parts.

To each his own.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:22 PM

360 Spider
You are not correct as I have had this discussion with Mercedes Benz Zone Managers and through my lawyers with the Chief Legal Counsel of Mercedes Benz in Montvale.

They do not consider the car out of their control until it has been shipped to the dealer. They consider anything that happens to the car between the time it hits the factory line until the time it leaves the VPC in the USA to be "factory".

When they have damaged cars and repaint them, as long as it is done at the VPC, they consider it “factory” and do not disclose this.

I remind you I am adamantly against this and feel it is incorrect but I know for a fact Mercedes conducts its business this way.

When I ordered one of my recent Mercedes it was held at the VPC for repairs. It took lawyers and threatening them with legal action in order to get the answer that whatever was wrong with my car was not paint related. Other than that, they wouldn't tell us what was wrong with the car. Quite frankly, I have personally found them to actually lie about these things on more than one occasion.

What makes them put cars into the program I have no idea but I do know such a program exists.

Do not think for a second that you know everything about what happened to your car. I assure you their idea of what needs to be disclosed and what you might think (and I would agree with you) are miles apart.

You finally hit the nail on the head!! Congratulations:

My car was actually part of a grand conspiracy between the dealer and the manufacturer. That is why the car sat there for over one year. They actually disclosed the "program" to every other buyer except me!!! They knew 15 months ago I would be coming in December 2005 to buy the car (they used their magic crystal ball) that is why no one else bought it!! How did you figure it out, you are a flipping genius Lovin!!!
Old 12-13-2005, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You finally hit the nail on the head!! Congratulations:

My car was actually part of a grand conspiracy between the dealer and the manufacturer. That is why the car sat there for over one year. They actually disclosed the "program" to every other buyer except me!!! They knew 15 months ago I would be coming in December 2005 to buy the car (they used their magic crystal ball) that is why no one else bought it!! How did you figure it out, you are a flipping genius Lovin!!!
I didn't say it was under the program. I am not even sure how the program works. I was merely stating that it was among the many possibilities as to why you got such a good deal.

You can't be stupid enough to think everything gets disclosed properly. You must be a young man. Ignorant I know but age I am guessing.

By the way I am bored with this now so write what you want but don't expect any more responses.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:04 PM

2005 SL600 Designo, Graphite Gray, Panorama Roof

Wow...this is the second time I've heard of this. My dealer begrudgingly told me a similar story about a "low priced" SL55 they had on their showroom floor. It ws $10K below the others that were similarly equipped.

While it may be possible that our new SL600 friend might have unknowingly acquired such a car, I can't help but wonder how someone was able to get a car so far under Invoice pricing with no sales history at MB Manhattan. Hey, a discount is great, but the MSRP seems very,very cheap. Even for a damaged car.

If he pulled it off, more power to him and I would highly suggest him starting a business around his negotiating prowess!

I'm skeptical, to say the least, but congratulatory if you're sincere.

Here's the MSRP info right off Kelley Blue Book's site:
2005 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL600

Overview & Pricing

New Car Blue Book®
Price with Options
Standard Equipment
Photos
Blue Book Review
Incentives
Colors
Specifications
Quality Ratings
Cost of Ownership
Compare Vehicles

More Photos MSRP
$ 132,775.00

Invoice
$ 123,717.00

New Car Blue
Book Value
What consumers are really paying for this vehicle
$ 132,775.00

Price with Optional Equipment
Quick Dealer Price Quote

Vehicle Highlights View All Specifications
Gas Mileage: 13 mpg city / 19 mpg highway
Engine: V12, TWIN-TURBO, 5.5 Liter
Transmission: Automatic
Drive: RWD
Doors: 2

Blue Book Review Read Entire Review

Invoice MSRP New Car Blue Book Value
Base Price $120,342.00 $129,400.00 $132,775.00
Destination Charge 775.00 775.00 Incl.
Gas Guzzler Tax - SL600 (---) 2600.00 2600.00 Incl.
V12, Bi-Turbo, 5.5 Liter (---) Incl. Incl. Incl.
Automatic, 5-Spd w/Overdrive & Touch Shift (---) Incl. Incl. Incl.
Comfort Pkg (317) Incl. Incl. Incl.
Trim Pkg (318) Incl. Incl. Incl.
Headlamps, Bi-HID (614) Incl. Incl. Incl.
Interior Trim, Wood (73*) Incl. Incl. Incl.
Seat Trim, Nappa Leather (---) Incl. Incl. Incl.
Seats, Active Ventilated (401) Incl. Incl. Incl.
Telephone, Integrated Digital Portable Cellular V60i (051) Incl. Incl. Incl.
(2) P255/40YR18 Front & (2) P285/35YR18 Rear - SL600, SL55 AMG (---) Incl. Incl. Incl.
Price With Destination Charge and Required Equipments $123,717.00 $132,775.00 $132,775.00

Price with Optional Equipment
Quick Dealer Price Quote

Show me anywhere that it says "Invoice is $104,000", even on a stripped down, gutted, fully decontented SL600.

Now, with all due respect, the fellow that comes on here quoting a price should be prepared to take some flack until such time as an actual sales contract copy is posted.

Until that time, skeptics will exist.

Last edited by craiglieberman; 12-13-2005 at 07:11 PM.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:48 PM

can we like forget about how much he paid and talk about something else.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lexus
You guys have gone crazy!!! 05 SL600 are at these prices in the auction in Very near new condition. Not many people would pay 32k for 1k miles of "usedness". The dealer Probably wanted to get rid of the car before the new year. If you think the dealer lost money you are crazy. Invoice is not what they pay for the car, it is a trick.. If they pay invoice then lots of dealers are losing all of the time with their special sales like "5k below invoice on all 05 units" The dealer knew that before long(err 18 days) that car was going to be worth less and not to mention taxed as inventory on 1/06.
Note to all, December is one of the best months to buy a vehicle from a Dealer.

CLK55 Good job, anyone that does not want to worry about 8 grand or 5o grand must have too much money. And personally, I dont give a **** about the next guy falling in love with my old car and having the perfect experience.

12/08/05 RIVRSIDE Lease $91,000 5,275 Avg RED 12G A Yes
10/20/05 MANHEIM Regular $93,000 3,011 Avg SILVER 12G A Yes
04/28/05 RIVRSIDE Regular $94,000 1,294 Above SILVER 12G A Yes
04/28/05 RIVRSIDE Lease $95,000 6,379 Above SILVER 12G A Yes
02/16/05 W PALM Factory $99,600 4,834 Above BLACK 12G A Yes
01/06/05 RIVRSIDE Lease $93,000 2,010 Above BRI SIL 12G A Yes
Old 12-13-2005, 11:33 PM

360 Spider
Originally Posted by williws
You guys have gone crazy!!! 05 SL600 are at these prices in the auction in Very near new condition. Not many people would pay 32k for 1k miles of "usedness". The dealer Probably wanted to get rid of the car before the new year. If you think the dealer lost money you are crazy. Invoice is not what they pay for the car, it is a trick.. If they pay invoice then lots of dealers are losing all of the time with their special sales like "5k below invoice on all 05 units" The dealer knew that before long(err 18 days) that car was going to be worth less and not to mention taxed as inventory on 1/06.

CLK55 Good job, anyone that does not want to worry about 8 grand or 5o grand must have too much money. And personally, I dont give a **** about the next guy falling in love with my old car and having the perfect experience.
Finally, someone with a brain! These rich tools have too much $$$ to throw around. A penny saved is a penny earned! The funny thing is I think I could have done better if I waited until New Year's Eve but the car might have been gone at that price. Needless to say: I'm ECSTATIC!!
Old 12-13-2005, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 SL600, 2001 S500, 1996 SL320
Looks

WOW, you car looks great!
Old 12-14-2005, 09:10 AM

Finally, someone with a brain! These rich tools have too much $$$ to throw around. A penny saved is a penny earned! The funny thing is I think I could have done better if I waited until New Year's Eve but the car might have been gone at that price. Needless to say: I'm ECSTATIC!!
Also it is a well known fact that manufacturers will give money back to dealers to help them move inventory that is not moving. In return the dealer may order another car or two. The manufacturer/dealers make deales like this all the time to help each other.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by williws

12/08/05 RIVRSIDE Lease $91,000 5,275 Avg RED 12G A Yes
10/20/05 MANHEIM Regular $93,000 3,011 Avg SILVER 12G A Yes
04/28/05 RIVRSIDE Regular $94,000 1,294 Above SILVER 12G A Yes
04/28/05 RIVRSIDE Lease $95,000 6,379 Above SILVER 12G A Yes
02/16/05 W PALM Factory $99,600 4,834 Above BLACK 12G A Yes
01/06/05 RIVRSIDE Lease $93,000 2,010 Above BRI SIL 12G A Yes

Way to state the obvious, Einstein. Invoice is what the dealer pays for cars...however, rebates reducing that cost do exist. No one questioned the fact that MB gives "rebates" to dealers that reduce the cost of vehicles...people simply wondered just "how" the price got this low. A $20,000+ rebate to sell a car seems like over kill...so I wouldn't be surprised if the car was less than perfect when it left Germany.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:21 PM

Bentley Arnage Red Label
Guys, what is the big deal. As he said, the car was there for a year with no takers in my opinion because it has no options.(yeah,I know quite a bit is standard) I don't know anyone that would even consider a stripped 600. Most people spending this kind of cash want this stuff. It didn't matter to this guy and he took advantage of the low price point. Others with 100k to spend might opt for a 4k mile loaded 05 with sport package for this same money. I am sure a loaded new 05 600 could be had for 120 all day long and those cars have 12k in options this car doesn't have. This car was a good deal but not something "unbelievable".
Old 12-14-2005, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 SL600, 2001 S500, 1996 SL320
Pictures

The pictures of your new 600 are absolutely awesome.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by StephenK
The pictures of your new 600 are absolutely awesome.
Yeah so nice....how does it shine like that? What is that 5 coats of Zaino?
Old 12-15-2005, 12:04 AM

360 Spider
Originally Posted by Shibbel AKA Shim Boy
Way to state the obvious, Einstein. Invoice is what the dealer pays for cars...however, rebates reducing that cost do exist. No one questioned the fact that MB gives "rebates" to dealers that reduce the cost of vehicles...people simply wondered just "how" the price got this low. A $20,000+ rebate to sell a car seems like over kill...so I wouldn't be surprised if the car was less than perfect when it left Germany.
You my friend are a f u c k i ng tool!!! You should change your name to SHIM! What do you drive a C230 or a 325?? I can't believe the jealous muthaphuckas on this board. You all need to get lives.

Shibbel:

StephenK:

LovinSL600:
Old 12-15-2005, 01:05 AM

2003 E500, 2005 SL600
CLK 55, good deal on your car, congrats; i got my SL600 2005 about 10 months ago- i got it w/ 1000 miles (keyless go and parktronic)- paid 108 K which i thought was a good deal on it. It had been sitting on their lot for about 2 months and they were happy to move it, so good for you. Re/ the upgrades, i did the RENNTECH about 1 month ago - highly recommend it; it's a night and day difference-only problem is that everytime i mash the throttle now and kill my mileage, but it's a rush!!!; that's my 2 cents...enjoy the car.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
E 320
You my friend are a f u c k i ng tool!!! You should change your name to SHIM! What do you drive a C230 or a 325?? I can't believe the jealous muthaphuckas on this board. You all need to get lives.

whoa whoa whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just cuz you bought a nice expensive car, it doesn't give u the right to make fun of someone that drives a less expensive car!!!!!

Soooo b/c i live in a nice house, it gives me the right to go and make fun of someone with a smaller house than mine??? NOO!!!

Dont be a snob!!!!! Just thank God you have been fortunate enough to afford and drive a nice car!!!

I envy people that drive nice cars cuz they obviously worked hard for it, but I wont envy a SNObs!!!!!!!

Get over yourself!!!! There are pople worth $50++ million and drive a $20,000 car!!!!

Iron Sheik
Old 12-15-2005, 06:50 AM

i heard a rumor sam walton drives an old pickup truck.. and he's worth, what 40 billion or so? :>

the millionaire next door is an interesting book.. although i think it relates more to "old" money, than "new" money, quite interesting.. i think it said, 80% of millionaires drives cars valued at less than $25,000 or something?

Originally Posted by Iron Sheik
Just cuz you bought a nice expensive car, it doesn't give u the right to make fun of someone that drives a less expensive car!!!!!

Soooo b/c i live in a nice house, it gives me the right to go and make fun of someone with a smaller house than mine??? NOO!!!

Dont be a snob!!!!! Just thank God you have been fortunate enough to afford and drive a nice car!!!

I envy people that drive nice cars cuz they obviously worked hard for it, but I wont envy a SNObs!!!!!!!

Get over yourself!!!! There are pople worth $50++ million and drive a $20,000 car!!!!

Iron Sheik
Old 12-15-2005, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
M6 Gran Coupe
That is a stupid quote. People should not have been ripping on you, but when you say stupid stuff like that you annoy people and sound like a tool yourself.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:29 AM

360 Spider
Originally Posted by Iron Sheik

Iron Sheik
I do thank God everyday, if you re-read my posts I even state that.

The issue is that this clown is asking for pics when he knows damn well I haven't posted any yet. He is jealous about no only the deal I got but also my new car.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:39 AM

360 Spider
Well fellas, you have got to love the internet. I come on here and post my story so that I might help people in the future. What do I get? Numerous, unprovoked rude remarks and attacks. Accusations that I am a liar. For what, I never attacked anyone until I was attacked first. If this was real life this thread would have turned bloody. But like I said, you have got to love the internet where little girls can hide behind their moniters all day and never face reality. Should I have expected anything different?

BTW - Don't expect anymore replies from me on this one, I will post pics of my car in a new thread someday. And, I am sure the jealous haters will pop up in that thread also. You guys really need to get lives. I can officially say: thanks to alot of JEALOUS LOSERS on MBWorld.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:39 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Play nice guys, there's especially no need for personal attacks to ///CLKfiftyfive nor is there any reason for you (///CLKfiftyfive) to retort with attacks, next time report the post to a moderator.

In any case, this thread is closed.