SL/R230: Annoying Keyless go warning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra
Originally Posted by RJC
I've some friends in Sacramento and I'm glad to hear it's not as bad as the news makes it seem. I hope the Nappa Cottages were not destroyed.
The news is one of the worst offenders of sensationalism. The Sacramento newspaper had an extensive article this weekend as to what would happen in a catastrophic set of circumstances and concluded that Sacramento was more vulnerable than New Orleans due to the number of levees here. Their conclusion was based on the rivers being significantly over flood levels and all major levees would suffer significant breaks. That is akin to saying that when an earthquake hits Sacramento we would suffer tremendous damage even though we are in a seismically nuetral zone.

Arnold has been quiet lately so they need something else to publish.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SL 500
Clock in Right Hand Display

I have a 2005 SL500 and would love to have the clock idsplay in the instrument cluster. The display in the middle of the dash is way to dim. How did you do it?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Richard
You could ask the dealer to recode your instrument cluster for "rest of world" instead of Europe (they'd have to do the coding from scratch, as if they had a new cluster and the old one had completely failed) - and see if that gets rid of that warning - it would also get rid of some of the seatbelt warnings and the warning that tells you if the driver/passenger unclips their seatbelt once they have put it on.

I've a Euro car, and mine tells me if i've left the keys in the ignition (but ignores the keyless go key if I used keyless go). But I tweaked mine slightly :-) I also have clock in the right hand display (aka SLR, aswell as on top of the dashboard, and the USA warnings about seatbelts being undone, but without the audible pinging noise (that only happens for 5 seconds if you start without seatbelt on) - since it's good to know if one of the kids undoes his/her seatbelt when I pull up somewhere and then decide not to stop

I foolishly sold my spare cluster, so I dont have anyway of playing now, so I cant work out if theres any other nice stuff to play with in the SL cluster (and I dont plan to play on the real car!)

Cheers

Richard